Restoring a Laptop

Oblido2007Oblido2007 Posts: 1,470
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can anyone advise or know how to restore a Packard Bell Easynote TJ64 laptop back to its factory settings?

Comments

• chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a recovery partition. It is very likely if the laptop hasn't been rebuilt since purchase.

When booting up, repeatedly mash F8 until the menu appears that has safe mode on etc. If there is a recovery partition their may be the option to repair your computer. choose this and follow the instructions.

If not, check on the start menu for any recovery options in the packard bell software
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oblido2007 wrote: »
    Can anyone advise or know how to restore a Packard Bell Easynote TJ64 laptop back to its factory settings?

I'm not sure if this helps, but with my Packard Bell to "system restore" from the start button :

click All Programs
    click Accessories
    click System Tools
    click System Restore

In system Restore you have the option of choosing when you want it to restore to.... yesterday, last week or the time when the machine was new.
  • chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this helps, but with my Packard Bell to "system restore" from the start button :

click All Programs
    click Accessories
    click System Tools
    click System Restore

In system Restore you have the option of choosing when you want it to restore to.... yesterday, last week or the time when the machine was new.

System restore won't return it to factory settings though, it just resets some of the settings in case of faults. The OP wants to restore to as new I believe.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This any use?

http://packard-bell-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29925/p/2071%2C3755%2C3806

Just follow the links on that page depending on what method you need.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chandlerp wrote: »
    System restore won't return it to factory settings though, it just resets some of the settings in case of faults. The OP wants to restore to as new I believe.

Oh right, I see what you mean. ( I did say I didn't know if it would help).
  • Oblido2007Oblido2007 Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you in advance. Will try when I get home.
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    From the link in post #5, once you have selected your operating system there is a section ''Learn how to create backup recovery disks'' ... this would be worthwhile doing in case of hard drive failure. Then go ahead and recover from the hidden partition.