Options

Survivor 30 - Worlds Apart

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
Forum Member
Redmond has confirmed on Survivor Sucks that this is the title, and that there will be three tribes somehow made up of the contestant's backgrounds.

Of course we still have the s29 final to go, but it's back in February usually :D

Comments

• Options
    TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I read a rumour somewhere that they may be divided according to class but maybe mistaken. It should be a good one though as its the 30th season!
  • Options
    RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We'll find out tonight if the source I've been emailing with is legit. I don't have any reason to doubt them but finding out the title tonight is the first real test.

I'm not sure on the exact specifics of how the tribes will be split but I believe it's a mix of education/employment.
  • Options
    Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    Hopefully its better than the horrid season they just had.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the location of the next season? I hope it's not Nicaragua again....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomStar wrote: »
    What is the location of the next season? I hope it's not Nicaragua again....

Just seen that it is in Nicaragua again.... Oh well at least the new theme of three groups divided by employment sounds good
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully its better than the horrid season they just had.

Excuse me?
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    i have only recently watched survivor US .... it was bit of a re-discovery.....

I watched the first and second UK series and the first US series... but thanks to a great link I have watched and become addicted to season 27, 28, 29 ...all thanks to season 29. I like how game earnest it is. Jeff is a great host - so into it. Which series should I watch next before season 30?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I watched the first and second UK series and the first US series... but thanks to a great link I have watched and become addicted to season 27, 28, 29 ...all thanks to season 29. I like how game earnest it is. Jeff is a great host - so into it. Which series should I watch next before season 30?

Micronesia - Fans vs Favourites (S16) & Heroes vs Villans (S20) are considered good ones although you could simply go through them all from the start! Might take a while though......:p
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    TomStar wrote: »
    Micronesia - Fans vs Favourites (S16) & Heroes vs Villans (S20) are considered good ones although you could simply go through them all from the start! Might take a while though......:p

It took me well over a year to get through season 1 to season 28! I loved it though. :p

Best seasons for me are Australia (S2), Amazon (6), Pearl Islands (7), China (15), Micronesia (16), Heroes vs Villains (20), Phillippines (25), Blood vs Water (27) and Cagayan (28).

Micronesia is my absolute favourite, but you would like it better if you watched the ones that came before it as the concept was fans vs viewer favourites. Same with Heroes vs Villains, all 20 were returnees.

I'd advise new viewers to start from 1... and maybe skip Thailand (5) and Fiji (14)
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    The problem is you're going to get different answers on which season to watch depending on who you ask. lol
    It is a fun experience making your way through the seasons though.
    I would say watch Pearl Islands (7), Panama (12) and Philippines (25) as they are my fave seasons.

Micronesia and Heroes vs Villains are both very good, but yeah they feature comeback players. Although admittedly I watched HvsV without watching other seasons before it, because I started watching the show when Samoa was on and didn't have much time to watch the previous seasons before HvsV started.

I really like Fiji post-merge so I wouldn't say skip it. Thailand though, I'd say leave it for when you're in a good mood, same goes for Redemption Island (22) as that and Thailand are my least faves.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I held off watching Fiji for years because everyone said it was so terrible, but when I eventually got around to watching it, it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I think part of the appeal was discovering a whole new cast of players without having to watch one episode per week. (Well obviously Yau was on Micronesia, but he wasn't there long enough to make any impression on me)

I personally find China to be a great way to get into Survivor. It has a very good cast, some great gameplay and in my opinion is a good crossover between modern Survivor and more old school seasons. It was my second season (after Gabon, the most recent at the time) and was the one I recommended to a friend, who in turn became a Survivor addict.
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not mentioned yet, but my favorite season was Pearl Islands (9). Pearl Islands (7) and Australia (2) were also both very good. I guess I'm Survivor Old School, since I really haven't liked the recent seasons, and rarely make it all the way through them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You might be the first one to say Jeff is a great host :p

I quite like these seasons: Cook Islands, China, Gabon (bar finale), HVV, Philippines, One World, Cagayan, and San Juan del Sur

I might be one of the very few that is ambivalent towards Micronesia.

Anyway...
    SKIP REDEMPTION ISLAND.
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    Not mentioned yet, but my favorite season was Pearl Islands (9). Pearl Islands (7) and Australia (2) were also both very good. I guess I'm Survivor Old School, since I really haven't liked the recent seasons, and rarely make it all the way through them.

Yikes! That first one was meant to be "Cook Islands". The best season of them all. And containing the best ever single episode in Reality TV (IMO).
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    Yikes! That first one was meant to be "Cook Islands". The best season of them all. And containing the best ever single episode in Reality TV (IMO).

Cook Islands the best? It's not my least favourite by any means, but I'm surprised to see it as someones favourite! What exactly did you like about it in particular? I personally thought it had some good cast members and its share of memorable moments, but overall it was a very midde of the road season :)
  • Options
    troynuncdicittroynuncdicit Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    eek Cook Islands is sooooooo bad
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I liked Cook Islands, it has a very nice redemption story.
    Pre-merge is a bit of a tough slog to get through, but post-merge is extremely satisfying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    eh, I think the people who got their redemption were boring, smug, and self-righteous. The whole thing was contrived.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    eh, I think the people who got their redemption were boring, smug, and self-righteous. The whole thing was contrived.

Well I guess that's why people either like or dislike a season, whether the people they enjoy watching do well or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, that definitely has something to do with it. I had quite a few other problems with Cook Islands (the Hidden Immunity Idol, the bloated cast, the entire editing, etc.) but when people you don't like go far and dominate the end game it's hard to get excited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends. I still don't like Todd but I still think China was a good season.
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    Well I guess that's why people either like or dislike a season, whether the people they enjoy watching do well or not.

Literally every person I was rooting for on the Favourites in Micronesia left before the merge but I can still appreciate it as a decent season. Heroes vs Villains wasn't much better.

I wasn't rooting for anyone in Cook Islands, like with Samoa, so it was hard to watch :(
  • Options
    PJ HunnybunnyPJ Hunnybunny Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone give me a good link to watch the first few seasons of Survivor please? Recent convert due to irish language dubbed versions on TG4. Thanks in anticipation x
  • Options
    TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone give me a good link to watch the first few seasons of Survivor please? Recent convert due to irish language dubbed versions on TG4. Thanks in anticipation x

I've been watching the first few seasons on YouTube. All of Season 1 is definitely there and I've found all of S2 bar the finale there. Here you go for Borneo Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFd1LyIW-aA

I'm not one to ask really as I've only seen the first two seasons but I adore Borneo. It's already one of my favourite reality TV seasons of all time. Strategy wise, it's nothing compared to Season 2 (and I'm assuming even less to later seasons) but the cast is excellent and the editing is masterful. I would recommend anyone watches it before other seasons as you'll appreciate it more there. Seeing other seasons first will likely mean that you won't like this season as much due to less game playing but storyline wise it's just amazing. And the finale? One of my all time favourite reality TV episodes; just amazing and jaw-dropping at every turn with a real emotional pull as well.