JSA and Jobcentre uselessness .......

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
Forum Member
.......... supposed to get a payment today , didnt arrive in my bank account , rang up the benefit line and eventually was told i would get a callback within 3 hours , that never happened , so i rang them back and was told i would get a call in 1 hour which i did , i was then told the money would be in the account today , 10 minutes later i got another call saying the money would be in the account today , just checked and 2 payments have been put in for the same amount , totally beyond me :confused:

Comments

• SlowRapSlowRap Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so they credited you twice?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't they deal with BACS payments, so they can technically put the money in your account today but you will not receive the payment until 2-3 days later.

I'm sure that's how they work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    SlowRap wrote: »
    so they credited you twice?

yes
    Love_able wrote: »
    don't they deal with BACS payments, so they can technically put the money in your account today but you will not receive the payment until 2-3 days later.

I'm sure that's how they work.

money is there now , 2 lots of it , i know its not mine but i aint offering it back , they can ask nicely for it , in fact i might offset the phonecalls against it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes

money is there now , 2 lots of it , i know its not mine but i aint offering it back , they can ask nicely for it , in fact i might offset the phonecalls against it :D

I hope u know u will have to pay it back when they find out about it...so my advice is to not spend it!!!!

They do keep record you know...lol
    Forum Member
    I hope u know u will have to pay it back when they find out about it...so my advice is to not spend it!!!!

They do keep record you know...lol

yeah i know , still aint offering it back though :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes

That makes you a thief.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You won't need to offer it back. They'll more than likely notice themselves and take it back out.

You were quick enough for getting on the phone when you never got your payment... not so quick when you got extra....
    Forum Member
    That makes you a thief.

whooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa , i aint a thief , i just aint offering it back , their systems should have seen the second payment was a duplicate and should not have allowed it to process .............

Lins_81 wrote: »
    You won't need to offer it back. They'll more than likely notice themselves and take it back out.

You were quick enough for getting on the phone when you never got your payment... not so quick when you got extra....

never said i wont , i just aint offering :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .......... supposed to get a payment today , didnt arrive in my bank account , rang up the benefit line and eventually was told i would get a callback within 3 hours , that never happened , so i rang them back and was told i would get a call in 1 hour which i did , i was then told the money would be in the account today , 10 minutes later i got another call saying the money would be in the account today , just checked and 2 payments have been put in for the same amount , totally beyond me :confused:

sounds about right. when they made a mistake on mine I owned up. They refused to believe me. Really what can you do. It costs a blinking fortune to phone up their stupid call centre as well so I wasn't about to labour the point with them.

I'm still waiting for the idiots to accuse me of benefit fraud when they realise their error.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope your real name isn't paul/y young...then can just search the database and see who received 2 payments 31/12/2010.

You don't know who reads these forums...people from all walks of lives you might have not wanted to publicly declared you received 2 payments...just a thought.

And I am not having a go either just letting you know the implications of posting such things.
    Forum Member
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    sounds about right. when they made a mistake on mine I owned up. They refused to believe me. Really what can you do. It costs a blinking fortune to phone up their stupid call centre as well so I wasn't about to labour the point with them.

I'm still waiting for the idiots to accuse me of benefit fraud when they realise their error.

dont forget they offer you the use of a free phone at the job centre that is most likely covered in all sorts of disease from the previous million users ..............
    I hope your real name isn't paul/y young...then can just search the database and see who received 2 payments 31/12/2010.

You don't know who reads these forums...people from all walks of lives you might have not wanted to publicly declared you received 2 payments...just a thought.

And I am not having a go either just letting you know the implications of posting such things.

fair play , they will get their money back that is g'teed , just annoys me the way they go on , i.e. myself having to chase them all the time :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I didn't know is that JSA payments aren't automatic, but require someone on the "other side" to authorise that transaction. So you could be awaiting payment which your legally entitled to (from what you've contractually signed for, and the Jobcentre are obliged to follow through with.) Yet if that person on the other end doesn't press the button for the money to be transferred, it can leave you out of pocket for a day (or more) thanks to this 1 issue.

Its not only a breach of contractual agreement, but mispractise by the monetary system designed by the JSA and banking system thats designed to stop such a thing happening in the first place. Get rid of the human factor and put a automatic system in its place, and there wouldn't be thousands of cases like this.
  • James30James30 Posts: 5,200
    Forum Member
    dont forget they offer you the use of a free phone at the job centre that is most likely covered in all sorts of disease from the previous million users ..............

Unhygenic chavs

No wonder we have a high outbreak of flu in the UK at the moment.
    Forum Member

different context ...............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    different context ...............

Of course you would say that.
  • danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D priceless!
    Forum Member
    Of course you would say that.

because it was .............
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

leave the poor guy alone he said he will pay it back, you can't really blame him for wanting to advantage of a poor system, that the government have in place for people on benefits.

If you found £50 on the floor would you hand it into the police or would you keep it?

I bet you would keep it moralistically, you wouldn't be any better than him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leave the poor guy alone he said he will pay it back, you can't really blame him for wanting to advantage of a poor system, that the government have in place for people on benefits.

If you found £50 on the floor would you hand it into the police or would you keep it?

I bet you would keep it moralistically, you wouldn't be any better than him.

Don't label me the same as him thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Difference is you wouldn't know where the £50 came from, so you'd have no consequence about "stealing", as how can you steal money if you don't know its noones to claim.

If your unintentionally given money that's not yours legally to own, its a different matter. By the JSA contract your entitled to "said" amount of cash, if he's got double that, he is (by law) stealing it if he doesn't legally declare its in his account. It could also be a JSA method of weeding out the scammers by intentionally doing this in the first place, so it'd be in his best interests to do it anyway. Just incase they ARE watching him.
    Forum Member
    11:11 wrote: »
    It could also be a JSA method of weeding out the scammers by intentionally doing this in the first place, so it'd be in his best interests to do it anyway. Just incase they ARE watching him.

wouldnt that be entrapment though , just wondering :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't know where they'd legally stand on it, but as for recieving money that's not been contractually agree'd with (unless its for Christmas Holiday entitlement as youve not signed on for 2 weeks over the period), I don't think it'd class as entrapment otherwise, as if they've knowingly sent it you (assuming its not a clerical error) it would be part of their enforcement against fraudulent claimants.

I mean if they can have people standing on the sidelines holding videocameras watching Billy with a "jippy leg" playing football while claiming disability, why not send the odd "mistake payment" to see who's honest about their claims.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member

sorry lins, nothing personal, but it drives me ten kinds of nuts when people go forensically snooping through past posts....

people can change opinions, values, perspectives and notions from time to time,

i just find it kind of trite and distasteful....

again, not personal....more a general comment

*lamblin ducks*
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate Job Seekers and all that they stand for - I have unfortunately been stuck with them since July and they have been nothing but troublesome. They have not once helped find me work, like they say they will, and all they ever do is moan about my circumstances [that I live in the middle of nowhere and cannot afford a car and have to rely on less than reliable buses, therefore not being able to apply for a lot of work].

2 weeks ago I got stuck up north due to the snow and I tried to phone them between 10am and 1045am and got nowhere. They eventually phoned me at 1pm [sign on at 1040] and went mad at me and threatened me with "disciplinary action" and told me that I better "try to explain myself good" the next day. I duly went in, gave them my rail ticket and explained. I was met with an ignorant, angry old woman who informed me that "everytime you leave this area we need told immediately". They threatened to take my money away and told me that I better never ignore my sign on again. Needless to say, I was rather pissed off but what can you do? They've got you by the balls...

I have a job interview on the 5th in Primark and I am hoping that I get the job - not because I need money, but because I want to be free of the evil clutches of Job Seekers!