Nadine Coyle in Trouble Over Tweet?

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    I'm not saying that she's the whole problem but given that Sarah has distanced herself from the group with no fallout then you have to at least look at the way Nadine has handled herself when she distanced herself from the group. You have to ask yourself the question: How much of yourself would you invest in someone who considered you a colleague?

No she wasn't. She had a highly successful career and her lowest selling album still sold more than Nadine's solo effort. Even Cheryl's detractors don't take from that.

It wasn't a harmless tweet. Everyone knew that the end of the tour was the end of Girls Aloud. The girls have grown up, grown apart and want to do their own things. They tweeted their fans, thanking them for the support etc etc. That should have been the end of it. For Nadine to suddenly wade in with "I wanted the group to go on" or whatever, was ridiculous.

It was a harmless tweet, yes she knew the end of Girls Aloud was after the tour but what is wrong with sayin that she didn't want it to end after the tour and she tried to convince the others to continue?

She's made out to be the biggest problem in Girls Aloud which I highly doubt, I imagine the clique of Cheryl, Kim and Nicola has been far more disruptive than Nadine ever was.. I think Nicola's "I already knew" tweet, and Cheryl's subsequent retweet, was far worse than Nadine's..

People say Nadine caused it by moving to LA where the majority of her family and her then boyfriend lived, as far as I'm aware she never missed a performance or TV show to promote the girls due to living in LA? I don't count the BRITs because they weren't due to perform and were never going to win the award they were up for
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    It was a harmless tweet, yes she knew the end of Girls Aloud was after the tour but what is wrong with sayin that she didn't want it to end after the tour and she tried to convince the others to continue?

Agree, Nadine's tweet was innocent.
    She's made out to be the biggest problem in Girls Aloud which I highly doubt, I imagine the clique of Tweedy's, Kim and Nicola has been far more disruptive than Nadine ever was.

It's one rule for the girls and another for Nadine.
    People say Nadine caused it by moving to LA where the majority of her family and her then boyfriend lived, as far as I'm aware she never missed a performance or TV show to promote the girls due to living in LA? I don't count the BRITs because they weren't due to perform and were never going to win the award they were up for

It's been reported that the girls were really annoyed that she didn't show up, but she forgot her passport or something and did tell them.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recall the girls being annoyed with Nadine for forgetting her passport, I think they were more disappointed because it was the first time they had been nominated for a Brit.
    Forum Member
    granted08 wrote: »
    Agree, Nadine's tweet was innocent. It's one rule for the girls and another for Nadine. It's been reported that the girls were really annoyed that she didn't show up, but she forgot her passport or something and did tell them.

I think the sad thing is the press made Nadine responsible for a lot of things that she simply wasn't.. A lot was made of Nadine not supporting the other girls careers, or even Cheryl's marriage and health issues, but in my world, friendship is a two way street and the other four didn't support nadine publicly through her solo career.. Did any of them tweet to buy the album like Kim and Nicola did for Cheryl's 2012 album? Not that I saw.
    Forum Member
    I think the sad thing is the press made Nadine responsible for a lot of things that she simply wasn't.. A lot was made of Nadine not supporting the other girls careers, or even Tweedy's marriage and health issues, but in my world, friendship is a two way street and the other four didn't support nadine publicly through her solo career.. Did any of them tweet to buy the album like Kim and Nicola did for Tweedy's 2012 album? Not that I saw.

As soon as the press were treating her badly, so did the girls. They've all Tweeted promotion for their own albums and solo events, but when it comes to Nadine they "forget" or more likely ignore anything she's doing and Tweet themselves having fun as a four-piece. Poor Nadine.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    as far as I'm aware she never missed a performance or TV show to promote the girls due to living in LA? I don't count the BRITs because they weren't due to perform and were never going to win the award they were up for

well she did miss the radio 1 live lounge performance back in 2008 due a reported illness, but the other girls managed fine without her. she did however prove to be a bit of a loose canon on live radio last year, after turning the airwaves blue during a radio 1 interview.:o
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    well she did miss the radio 1 live lounge performance back in 2008 due a reported illness, but the other girls managed fine without her. she did however prove to be a bit of a loose canon on live radio last year, after turning the airwaves blue during a radio 1 interview.:o

She was in the UK when live lounge went out, so nothing to do with her living in LA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Oh please people Nadine had shingles possibly brought on by her possible flying back and forth!! to be fair that was the truth.:D

The only things she's missed on purpose - Brits 2008, Ghosthunting because she's scared. Passions because they wouldn't let them do what she wants.

Her passion is singing, so wouldn't 'songwriting' been perfect for her....?
    Setting up a record label? Setting up her bar?
    She wanted to be a choir instructor for Passions but found it too hard and her alternate charity thing was denied by itv, but thats fair imagine how selfish it'd make the other members look for doing dancing, horse riding, musicals and make up and then Nadine the saviour doing a charity project - i think she secretly was trying to show the others up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was in the UK when live lounge went out, so nothing to do with her living in LA

yes, but she missed a performance all the same. it doesn't really matter where she lived, her work was based in the uk and it was her choice to commute from so far away.
    Forum Member
    Sajjad_Ali wrote: »
    The only things she's missed on purpose - Brits 2008, Ghosthunting because she's scared. Passions because they wouldn't let them do what she wants.

If she was scared, why should she force herself to Ghost-Hunt? If Producers stopped her from doing her chosen "Passion" why should Nadine take part? :confused:
    Her passion is singing, so wouldn't 'songwriting' been perfect for her....?

She wanted to do something different, singing and song-writing is her job.
    Setting up a record label? Setting up her bar?
    She wanted to be a choir instructor for Passions but found it too hard and her alternate charity thing was denied by itv

Again I don't see what's wrong with Nadine having her own label and having a bar in the states. It shows she's a business woman.
    Nadine the saviour doing a charity project - i think she secretly was trying to show the others up.

The other girls have done things for charity, they're not accused of trying to show each other up, so why is Nadine picked on? She can't do anything right. :rolleyes:
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think when it comes to Nadine's solo album there were a couple of factors where she went wrong.

She released her album at the same time as Cheryl (a week before or after, I can't remember). This was clearly going to create a Cheryl vs Nadine campaign in the red tops and, with Cheryl being the media darling at the time, there was no way Nadine was going to win. Every article printed painted Cheryl as good cop and Nadine as bad cop. I don't think either of the girls had any part in this but it was bound to happen and Nadine's management should have recognised this and brought the release date forward or pushed it back.

I have massive respect for Nadine wanting full creative control over the album. Not many artists out there (including Cheryl) put as much effort into creating an album as Nadine did. She co-wrote every song and, unless I am mistaken, also co-produced some of them aswell. However, she needed an undoubted hit on there. She wasn't in a strong enough position to be different.

She needed the backing of a major label. Releasing on her own independant label was another mistake. Like it or not, major labels have connections with the media who might have been a little less bitchy about Nadine on the run up to her album release, therefore, not influencing public perception of her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have massive respect for Nadine wanting full creative control over the album. Not many artists out there (including Cheryl) put as much effort into creating an album as Nadine did. She co-wrote every song and, unless I am mistaken, also co-produced some of them aswell. However, she needed an undoubted hit on there. She wasn't in a strong enough position to be different.

nadine didn't co-produce on her album. she did co-write, but who cares if the material flopped and many critics panned the album.:o my respect goes to nicola in that respect, because although her music tanked, the critics loved her record.
    Forum Member
    I think when it comes to Nadine's solo album there were a couple of factors where she went wrong.
    Tweedy vs Nadine campaign in the red tops and, with Tweedy being the media darling at the time, there was no way Nadine was going to win. Every article printed painted Tweedy as good cop and Nadine as bad cop...Nadine's management should have recognised this and brought the release date forward or pushed it back.

Or the media could have been positive about Nadine for once. :rolleyes:
    Not many artists out there put as much effort into creating an album as Nadine did. She co-wrote every song and, unless I am mistaken, also co-produced some of them aswell. However, she needed an undoubted hit on there. She wasn't in a strong enough position to be different.

Insatiable could have been a hit if it was promoted on the right shows.
    She needed the backing of a major label. Releasing on her own independant label was another mistake. Like it or not, major labels have connections with the media who might have been a little less bitchy about Nadine on the run up to her album release, therefore, not influencing public perception of her.

There are artists that have come out of nowhere with hits. Nadine could have had a number one but she needed a lot of positive promotion and she didn't get it.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, back to the subject of this thread - there hasn't actually been a bona fide report confirming that the girls were angry with Nadine, has there?

Bit of a non story really :rolleyes:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyway, back to the subject of this thread - there hasn't actually been a bona fide report confirming that the girls were angry with Nadine, has there?

Bit of a non story really :rolleyes:.

the story couldn't sustain interest beyond the first page for many posters, because the story was pretty thin in terms of content. personally, i don't care about nadine`s initial tweet, because i dare say she wanted the band to continue. however, most people saw this split coming and i am sure she did too, if she was being completely truthful.

ironically, she may have finally realised she was on to a good thing being in that group, but unfortunately for her, the other girls possibly saw the reunion as a way of winding down the group.
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    yes, but she missed a performance all the same. it doesn't really matter where she lived, her work was based in the uk and it was her choice to commute from so far away.

Yes but she missed it due to illness, not due to where she chose to live
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    personally I am not overly convinced the other girls would be as annoyed as it's made out
    the press like to make out there is more fighting/disagreements/bitching than there really is (in everything..it sells papers)
    however I am not saying there isn't any truth to it at all - but I know if I was in Girls Aloud I wouldn't want it to end lol
    Forum Member
    personally the press like to make out there is more fighting/disagreements/bitching than there really is (in everything..it sells papers)
    however I am not saying there isn't any truth to it at all - but I know if I was in Girls Aloud I wouldn't want it to end lol

That's why the girls shouldn't be that angry, but I think there are disagreements as with every band.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but she missed it due to illness, not due to where she chose to live

like i said previously, it makes no difference the reason why she missed that performance. put that together with the other non musical promotion where she was absent and its no wonder her commitment was sometimes questioned by the media. you can split hairs about the exact reasons behind each absence for her and suggest that certain instances don't count, but her absences give the press reasons to write about her in a negative way.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What granted can't seem to accept is that within Girls Aloud, Nadine was superior to Cheryl but in the real world, Nadine doesn't have a strong enough voice to cut it as a solo artist.

Nadine needs to have a more appealing personality to sell her records. She has a good voice but can over reach. And for someone who is running a business she made very poor decisions for the solo effort. She was trying to cultivate an image that she doesn't like too much publicity or attention but that is what sells records...Nicola worked very hard to sell her solo material, did live performances on breakfast tv, did the summer concert tour, did interviews and proper videos...
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis was right. Nadine did carry the group.

Doesn't that go hand in hand......

Disagree. Nadine has the X factor, so she doesn't have to go on the show to prove it:rolleyes:

Ummm......

It's never too late for a girl as talented as Nadine to be a hit. :rolleyes:

Actually Nadine carried the main vocals of the group, it was Kimberley that carried the group, she managed it, she organised it and keep them going.....

The world is full of "talented" people that never get noticed...
    Nadine is a business woman, she should know that she will not get customers without advertising and promotion or without something that appeals to people. There are plenty of bars... It is the same with a music career, you have to put the work in and promote your talent and make the right decisions...
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    Actually Nadine carried the main vocals of the group, it was Kimberley that carried the group, she managed it, she organised it and keep them going.....

The world is full of "talented" people that never get noticed...
    Nadine is a business woman, she should know that she will not get customers without advertising and promotion or without something that appeals to people. There are plenty of bars... It is the same with a music career, you have to put the work in and promote your talent and make the right decisions...

Absolutely. Music is a business and no matter how talented you are, you have to put the work in. People with 10 time the talent of Nadine have still had to graft to get to where they want to be.

I would like to ask fans though why they seem to think the media have singled out Nadine as the one to attack for no reason? There has to be more to it surely?
    Forum Member
    milliejo wrote: »

Really? Didn't know that, but then shouldn't Kimberley be more supportive of Nadine.
    The world is full of "talented" people that never get noticed...Nadine is a business woman, she should know that she will not get customers without advertising and promotion or without something that appeals to people.

Nadine should have been everywhere promoting her album and I think her management didn't get her on the right shows.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah has done a front cover for Look and has her say.

http://ns2.mkfm.com/showbiz-news-index/44838-sarah-harding-reveals-nadine-coyle-drama-and-admits-girls-aloud-reunion-was-%E2%80%98suffocating%E2%80%99.html

The Metro had the story up but deleted.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/01/sarah-harding-reveals-nadine-coyle-drama-and-admits-girls-aloud-reunion-was-suffocating-3566976/

Here is her cover.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4868822/sarah-harding-poses-for-look-magazine-shoot.html

Found this interesting,
    I was unaware she even felt like that,’ she said of her Northern Irish bandmate. Coyle shocked fans when she insisted she played ‘no part’ in the latest split tweeting: ‘I couldn’t stop them’

But Harding, 31, insists Coyle, 27, didn’t let on her frustrations and even ‘hugged it out’ with the girls in Manchester during their last hurrah.

‘At no point did she try and stop us, so you’d have to ask her why she did that,’ she said of Coyle’s angry parting shot on Twitter. ‘I have to respect her decision.’

Nadine really doesn't do anything to help herself, she just makes herself look bad.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Really? Didn't know that, but then shouldn't Kimberley be more supportive of Nadine.

Nadine should have been everywhere promoting her album and I think her management didn't get her on the right shows.

Nadine cancelled her promo, including signings, midway through the campaign when it became apparent the single/album weren't going to be a success.