Options

A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Exactly :p I am absolutely fuming right now. The electricity company (ESB) here in Ireland are planning to go on strike on December 16 and this might cause massive power cuts to many people. They're holding 4 million people to ransom because those bloody unions (who are all a bunch of bureaucrats) can't negotiate. It's about pension plans. How will I be able to cope without my Macs? :cry:
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP Nelson Mandela :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just heard about it :cry: It's on the news channels now. I'm studying for my Equity exam at the moment.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very sad on the one hand he was a man who acheived so much and strove for peace and equality and whilst he leaves this world in a better state than when he entered it it's a sobering thought just how much farther we have to go and gon on without someone as great as him hopefully his lessons will live on and we have all learned something from him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    It's very sad on the one hand he was a man who acheived so much and strove for peace and equality and whilst he leaves this world in a better state than when he entered it it's a sobering thought just how much farther we have to go and gon on without someone as great as him hopefully his lessons will live on and we have all learned something from him.

Exactly. He did change a lot in this world. Anyway I've been cramming like mad for my Equity exam! I'm a bit stressed about it as I didn't do much study. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. He did change a lot in this world. Anyway I've been cramming like mad for my Equity exam! I'm a bit stressed about it as I didn't do much study. :(

He did indeed and he will be continued to be celebrated for generations :)

I find though if i cram i retain info much better but it lasts basically for a short period before being forgotten :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He did indeed and he will be continued to be celebrated for generations :)

I find though if i cram i retain info much better but it lasts basically for a short period before being forgotten :D

I'd say so! That's what I've been doing all evening. I'm going stir crazy like poor Doreen :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well just keep at it and i'm sure you'll be fine :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well just keep at it and i'm sure you'll be fine :)

I'm actually doing more now. I'm finishing up the topic I was on earlier (undue influence). Tempted to pull an all-nighter but mum probably wouldn't let me :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all :)

How's the studying CNBC :)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning! I'm gonna do a bit more cramming before the exam. Hopefully I'll do well. In the worst case scenario I can discount it as an extra subject.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Afternoon.

I've found some EPs by Paper Aeroplanes. I'm a huge fan. They've just announced a tour. I don't know anyone else who's a fan so if I went I'd be going alone. The London date is at St. Pancras Old Church though. Sounds like an absolute nightmare to get to, and I wouldn't be driving, my dad would be.

We'll see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey all :)

Glad it's going okay CNBC how long til your next exmam :)

And is there any other way of getting there mimi :)?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good luck, CNBC :)
    Hey all :)

Glad it's going okay CNBC how long til your next exmam :)

And is there any other way of getting there mimi :)?

Hi Hav! :)

I could probably get a train and the tube but I'm not sure if I'd want to travel around London on my own at night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm out of the exam now. Went better than I expected. Some people were angry though as they topics they had spent hours studying for didn't come up. I had done injunctions and undue influence and those came up. Nobody said they did well. I think they were going to dust off their pitchforks :D Apparently the lecturer's a cheeky git who hates us and he wanted to teach us all a lesson :devil: I might sue him if I fail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well at least you did well onn the other hand that bloody lecturer seems like a git it's not good for him if you fail so shooting his own self in the footthere me thinks :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well at least you did well onn the other hand that bloody lecturer seems like a git it's not good for him if you fail so shooting his own self in the footthere me thinks :p

I think people were dusting off their pitchforks and preparing their speeches for the prosecution :D He's a cheeky git. He said we as a class were too quiet and he even sang at us to try and get our attention :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if that were the case no reason to grab your attention but not letting you have the relevant information so as a class you all fail :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Even if that were the case no reason to grab your attention but not letting you have the relevant information so as a class you all fail :p

Yep I think that's pretty much the general opinion of everyone in the class :p We have a different lecturer next semester(who's actually my Labour Law lecturer) for Equity, but we'll be covering trusts and things like wills will be done. The Equity guy is no you know who anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening.

I'm sure that it was fine, CNBC! You can relax now. :)

I've found Best Coast's EP "Fade Away". I've been waiting for new music from them for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I can relax for now but I still have more study to do! I have Labour Law next Thursday and Land Law the following Monday :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully it's your last two as anymore and you might go crazywith stress :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep it is my last two. Probably just as well as I'll be going stir crazy like poor Doreen otherwise :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And who knows what you may do if you pull a Doreen :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I'll just have to be careful, won't I? :D Thankfully I don't live in the same country as herself and Sheila :p