Options

Top 10 Scary Classic Who

Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Emergency Awesome posts nice who related via from time to time in youtube, here's he's latest

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wM2i8QAh338

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure I think they're the most scary but they're certainly all good. Then again I think that's one of the problems with classic who- although they're still good stories, the improved technology and the evolution at the horror genre now means that the classc stories aren't very scary anyone- even for the children they're meant to scare.
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought that the incidental music used during Jon Pertwee's days in the early 70s was quite scary. Especially when I saw some of JP's stories when I was a child.

This is an example of what I mean. This clip includes some of that scary music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-YbsiU9bUY
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As soon as I saw it was that Emergency Awesome prat I switched off. He talks utterly predictable drivel and makes it look like its his own profound knowledge or some sort of explosive realisation. The guy is a moron!
  • Options
    tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    As soon as I saw it was that Emergency Awesome prat I switched off. He talks utterly predictable drivel and makes it look like its his own profound knowledge or some sort of explosive realisation. The guy is a moron!

That's quite right! I don't want someone to make his mind up for us about which 10 classic moments are scariest. God, Jesus! >:(

I like to make my own mind up. The video is only expressing his views on what are the 10 most scariest DW moments.

It makes me angry that people do this, and then post videos of it on youtube. >:(

I'll mention my 10 scariest moments later in another reply, once I've thought of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    That's quite right! I don't want someone to make his mind up for us about which 10 classic moments are scariest. God, Jesus! >:(

I like to make my own mind up. The video is only expressing his views on what are the 10 most scariest DW moments.]

It makes me angry that people do this, and then post videos of it on youtube. >:(

I'll mention my 10 scariest moments later in another reply, once I've thought of them.

I'm confused. Are you being sarcastic or are you actually angry with this guy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, each to their own, I think everyone is entitled to an opinion and I like to read/watch a varied collection of views on Doctor Who, I'll even give a chance to ones which are can be a bit crazy (Anyone heard from Clackers or Capaldi_Capldi recently ??). I think we can only learn something new .... by hearing new opinions :)

However, happy to respect your choice and certainly not trying to criticise you in anyway Pull2Open, I have liked some of your posts here :)

On a slightly off-topic note, for tiggerpooh, just because someone has their own point of view and chooses their own top 10 list, that's all it is right - their choice. I don't think they are trying to tell us all to switch to their view :)

EDIT: After re-reading ... Maybe you were being sarcastic, but like Jack mentioned I'm not sure :p

p.s. just to be clear I most certainly am not Emergency Awesome, just as I am not Ryan Farrell, Auton710, JohnSmith, the editor of kasterbourous.com, combox, denofgeek, doctorwhotv ..... or any of the other websites, videos etc I link to in my posts, just trying to share interesting views I found on our favourite topic :D

oh and I hate jumping on bandwagons ... :p
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    lol, each to their own, I think everyone is entitled to an opinion and I like to read/watch a varied collection of views on Doctor Who, I'll even give a chance to ones which are can be a bit crazy (Anyone heard from Clackers or Capaldi_Capldi recently ??). I think we can only learn something new .... by hearing new opinions :)

However, happy to respect your choice and certainly not trying to criticise you in anyway Pull2Open, I have liked some of your posts here :)

On a slightly off-topic note, for tiggerpooh, just because someone has their own point of view and chooses their own top 10 list, that's all it is right - their choice. I don't think they are trying to tell us all to switch to their view :)

EDIT: After re-reading ... Maybe you were being sarcastic, but like Jack mentioned I'm not sure :p

p.s. just to be clear I most certainly am not Emergency Awesome, just as I am not Ryan Farrell, Auton710, JohnSmith, the editor of kasterbourous.com, combox, denofgeek, doctorwhotv ..... or any of the other websites, videos etc I link to in my posts, just trying to share interesting views I found on our favourite topic :D

Wasn't suggesting you are Emergency Awesome btw. I enjoy a lot of You Tube fanmade stuff but this particular person really annoys me because he spouts the bleedin obvious and tries to make it look like he is telling us all something we don't already know. His knowledge doesn't go beyond the very basic and doesn't really give us any more insight beyond that of an article written in the Sun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The_Judge_ wrote: »

No, but you are Steven Moffat :p . In all honesty I found Emergency's list quite interesting and although in some videos he gets some information a bit wrong, he is generally correct and gives a wide range of entries. I think, that although not all of the episodes in this list are scary, they are certainly good episodes to start with if you're a claasic who virgin ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JackMShep wrote: »
    No, but you are Steven Moffat :p . In all honesty I found Emergency's list quite interesting and although in some videos he gets some information a bit wrong, he is generally correct and gives a wide range of entries. I think, that although not all of the episodes in this list are scary, they are certainly good episodes to start with if you're a claasic who virgin ;-)

If there was one reason why I would want to be Moffat, it's because in real life I'm err follicly challenged :p as that recent thread said, dont you just want to pay him on his head or something :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    Wasn't suggesting you are Emergency Awesome btw. I enjoy a lot of You Tube fanmade stuff but this particular person really annoys me because he spouts the bleedin obvious and tries to make it look like he is telling us all something we don't already know. His knowledge doesn't go beyond the very basic and doesn't really give us any more insight beyond that of an article written in the Sun.

Yup fair point, and i realise you weren't insinuating I was Emergency Awesome, but I was pre-empting anyone seeing my response to your response and thinking that I was Emergency Awesome and responding to accuse me of unfair bias. Indeed, had someone thought that, then they would have been erroneous in their response to my response to your response to my OP and frankly, we wouldn't have wanted that as then I would have had to post a response..... to the response..... of the said response.

All clear :confused::D

:cry:
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Kinda? Surprise(d)