Options

Albums you're eagerly anticipating

Comments

• Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got SO many I'm anticipating!

Amy Lee from Evanescence - she has new music out soon, although it's not an album, there's going to be at least 2 new songs from her

Leona Lewis
    Jessie Ware
    Laura Mvula - Orchestral album (next month yay!) & her 2nd album
    Vanessa Carlton - Liberman (which isn't out till 2015 due to her pregnancy)

I was looking forward to Flyleaf's new record, but I still can't get over how SH*T the new singer is. So, I won't be buying that aha. :(
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to the new albums from The Sisters Of Mercy and The La's.

Well forward.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MADONNA MADONNA MADONNA!

Love the news/speculatio surrounding the album......it is just immensely insane!

Lesser though still excited to hear new Charli XCX, Florence & The Machine out later this year as heavily anticipated :-D

but yeah MADONNA album 13 is just insanely high on the agenda next up!
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pixie Lott.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marion, but I suppose that's a forlorn hope.
  • Options
    umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Albums I'm looking forward to....

2014:
    Adele - 25
    The Script - No Sound Without Silence
    Leah McFall - Untitled
    Lawson - Untitled

Beyond:
    Britney Spears - Untitled
    Emeli Sande - Untitled
    Bruno Mars - Untitled
  • Options
    Chris_YoungChris_Young Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    http://britney-galaxy.com/rumor-britney-making-an-e-p/

According to this new Britney music just may be getting released sooner than we think. But only in the form of an EP, two new singles (one soundtrack and one collab) plus some Femme Fatale and Britney Jean leftover tracks. So I'll be adding this to my list of music looking forward to this year! That's if it turns out to be true.
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Rihanna, (concept album sounds interesting; and I want to see what new reinvention/style of music she can go for, I only started to like Rihanna once she showed how versatile she could be). Can't believe she's on album #8 in less than ten years. Almost as crazy as the fact she's been around for nearly ten years. What a worker!

Much like RiRi, Madonna's new album. I wouldn't say I'm EXCITED for it but definitely interested to hear what she's been going for.

Definitely excited for Alt-J's upcoming album too; really like Left Hand Free AND Hunger of the Pine.

Others...hmm. Going by wiki; new album by Grimes would be nice (first single GO is pretty good, a lot more crossover-mainstream than her older stuff), Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' first solo effort should be out this year too, and I'm curious to see if Azealia Banks releases anything this year now she's bought herself out of her old record contract.

Nicki Minaj as well actually; I'm curious what direction she'll go; Nicki pop or Nicki rap or a mix of the two again like on her last album. And I wonder if Lady Gaga's jazz album with Tony Bennet will ever see the light of day too...
  • Options
    James_Barker1James_Barker1 Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Stevie Nicks

Madonna

Probably the only two I'm eagerly anticipating, although I'm interested to hear what Rihanna, Ella Henderson and Emeli Sande do on their upcoming albums.
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I wonder if Lady Gaga's jazz album with Tony Bennet will ever see the light of day too...

It's out in September I believe! She's just shot something for it this past week. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt
    Imagine Dragons' 2nd album

^^ You have great taste! I'm waiting for both of these too! I go tickets to see The Gaslight Anthem later in the year **excited**.

Also can't wait for the new Foo Fighters album, rumoured title 'Sonic Highways'.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    http://britney-galaxy.com/rumor-britney-making-an-e-p/

According to this new Britney music just may be getting released sooner than we think. But only in the form of an EP, two new singles (one soundtrack and one collab) plus some Femme Fatale and Britney Jean leftover tracks. So I'll be adding this to my list of music looking forward to this year! That's if it turns out to be true.

I'm adding it to mine too! Britney Jean was pants so I hope this EP will be better. I really need new Britney music in my life! :D:D:D Wonder which FF and Britney Jean leftovers will they be? Will they be anything we've heard before?
  • Options
    Chris_YoungChris_Young Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    I'm adding it to mine too! Britney Jean was pants so I hope this EP will be better. I really need new Britney music in my life! :D:D:D Wonder which FF and Britney Jean leftovers will they be? Will they be anything we've heard before?

Hmmmm not sure which songs are leftovers. During the recording of Britney Jean it was reported that old Femme Fatale demo's were being worked on for the album but none of them ended up on the album. Hope that track Danja leaked which was originally for BJ is put on the EP. I think BJ had a few stand out moments (Alien, Perfume, Passenger, Hold on Tight) but it didn't really flow as an album. Hope this EP is a little better though.
  • Options
    MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Hurts 3rd album
    Take That's 4th album from the second time around - it's been leaked that it's 80's sounding.

I also want to hear new stuff from Bastille and Chvrches but not heard anything about new albums from them yet.:(
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Pet Shop Boys new album, apparently they start working on it with Stuart Price in November!
  • Options
    SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FKA Twigs
    Jessie Ware
    Charli XCX
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hmmmm not sure which songs are leftovers. During the recording of Britney Jean it was reported that old Femme Fatale demo's were being worked on for the album but none of them ended up on the album. Hope that track Danja leaked which was originally for BJ is put on the EP. I think BJ had a few stand out moments (Alien, Perfume, Passenger, Hold on Tight) but it didn't really flow as an album. Hope this EP is a little better though.

Really? I remember the Danja demo, I really hope that's on it. I'd also love to hear some of the other songs that were intended for the album. What happened to the Danja, William Orbit and Charli XCX stuff? I think the best songs on the album were Alien, Work Bitch, Passenger, Don't Cry, Til It's Gone and I'm starting to like Brightest Morning Star. Other than that I think the album is pants. Who thought Perfume would be a good second single? Even Femme Fatale was a better album.
  • Options
    SweetHeartHollySweetHeartHolly Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I look forward to a new album from the following singers. :):):)

James Otto
    Alison Krauss & Union Station
    LeAnn Rimes
    Tanya Tucker
    Trace Adkins
    Darryl Worley
    Brad Paisley
    Kenny Chesney
    Toby Keith
    Hal Ketchum

Duo/Trio/Band-Brooks & Dunn, SheDaisy, and Diamond Rio

God bless you and them always!!! :):):)

Holly
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stevie Nicks

Madonna

Probably the only two I'm eagerly anticipating, although I'm interested to hear what Rihanna, Ella Henderson and Emeli Sande do on their upcoming albums.

Stevie has new music coming out? Wow, I had no idea and I'm a big fan.

I hope there's lots of ballads. Her voice has so much soul and emotion.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rihanna's 8th album
    - Its been way too long, I wish she would go back to an album a year but she recently tagged a photo on twitter with #R8 so hopefully its coming soon.

Demi Lovato's 5th album
    - She keeps updating her fans about how her album recording is going and I'm so excited, also I'm curious to see who the mystery duet is with.

Little Mix's 3rd album
    - Salute was incredible. I hope they can top it.

Kat Dahlia's first album
    - If it ever comes out

Vince Kidd's first album
    - If it ever comes out

Tori Kelly's first album
    - Her EP's are so good, I'm ready for an album

Jessie J's 3rd album
    - I'm stupidly excited for Bang Bang too.

Joe Jonas' 2nd album
    - Since Nick has just released his new single, I think its about time that the best Jonas brother releases something too since he said that he's working on new music...

This.
    It's seems to be taking forever. Gangsta was probably my favourite song from 2013. Stunning IMO
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Rihanna's 8th album

Jessie j's 3rd album
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Maroon 5
    The Script
    Adele
    Muse
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slipknot's new album
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ryan Adams new one in September.
    Noel Gallaghers hopefully later this year.
  • Options
    James_Barker1James_Barker1 Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Stevie has new music coming out? Wow, I had no idea and I'm a big fan.

I hope there's lots of ballads. Her voice has so much soul and emotion.

I saw something on digitalspy yesterday saying she was recording songs she'd previously written, with a potential release date of 7th October.