Options

Caroline Flack? I don't get it.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
Forum Member
Caroline Flack? What does it DO exactly? I don't get it. I am probably too old or out of touch. I dip into Strictly over my gf's shoulder and make demeaning comments the charade

Comments

• Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,651
    Forum Member
    She's a TV presenter.
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Caroline Flack? What does it DO exactly? I don't get it. I am probably too old or out of touch. I dip into Strictly over my gf's shoulder and make demeaning comments the charade

BIB - Well you seem lovely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Isn't her claim to fame shagging Harry Styles from One Direction? Oh and she was on some xfactor aftershow?

I mean if Judy Murray is considered a "celeb" these days, why not Caroline? Hell, Caroline's housekeeper is a celeb by proxy when you think about it. Giver her her own show!
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,552
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Isn't her claim to fame shagging Harry Styles from One Direction? Oh and she was on some xfactor aftershow?

I mean if Judy Murray is considered a "celeb" these days, why not Caroline? Hell, Caroline's housekeeper is a celeb by proxy when you think about it. Giver her her own show!

She also presented on the BBC Saturday morning show TMi for several years. She's actually done a fair bit to be honest
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has presented a fair bit of TV & is actually a decent presenter.

She more than qualifies as a celebrity by today's extremely low standards.
  • Options
    Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know her mainly from her stint on I'm a Celebrity... Get Me out of Here! NOW!
    from a few years back, she was also bubbles in Bo Selecta!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    BIB - Well you seem lovely.

Indeed. There's a certain level of arrogance that comes across when someone refers to another individual as "it". It's similar to when the phrase "Who or What" is used in reference to another person.

I'm fairly sure i used to hear her on Capital Radio some years ago as well.
  • Options
    MamajencoMamajenco Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Well. I don't know who she is, never heard of her before, but I do like her. She seems like a normal down to earth modern young woman who suits Strictly in spite of the War Drobe dept trying to make her look drab ...... :o

Good luck to her I say. Go Caroline Go ...... You're my favourite;-)
  • Options
    LondonCityGirl_LondonCityGirl_ Posts: 109
    Forum Member

Hmm, seems like you've got quite a lot of time on your hands. I wonder what it is that you do that is such a valuable contribution to our society and that justifies your patronizing attitude. Rude!
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, seems like you've got quite a lot of time on your hands. I wonder what it is that you do that is such a valuable contribution to our society and that justifies your patronizing attitude. Rude!

No kiddin'.
    If someone has enough time to start a thread here, they certainly have enough time to Google the answer to their question. Of course if the purpose of a thread is an attempt to be funny rather than actually gain knowledge, Googling won't help.
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, as you said, you are probably too old to know who she is, and to be au courant with what's happening in modern media. She's done well, is a good presenter, has a brain, is beautiful and funny and has great legs. Oh, and she does a mean Charleston.

And this is all coming from a straight (also in media) female so I have no axe to grind.

What's your skill? Not English presumably.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has ulrika been on strictly. She is a bona fide celeb. Sorry. Bona fide ex weathergirl