Get 'SKINT' Cancelled

Hi everyone, this programme really struck a nerve when I saw the portrayal of Grimbsy and other cities within the UK. The programme itself follows the 'Benefit Street' format in a bid to create controversy. Additionally, it also relies upon people who struggle with drug addiction. The programme 'SKINT' is tasteless and attempts to cause controversy amongst communities. This programme has an affect on local businesses and the morale of communities.

They are considering filming in my hometown Morecambe. I had enough when I saw this proposal so I started an e-petition against the show. I would understand if the programme gave both-sides, rather than just filming the negatives of places. I personally believe Channel 4 are just trying to chase ratings.

If you want to unite against their programme, could you comment and let me know what you think, and perhaps sign the e-petition depending on your stand-point. I have recieved a lot of support from the people in and around my local area, so it would be nice to branch out to stop KEO Films from filming in my area.

I love my area, and I just need some support from you, I hope you understand my point.

https://www.change.org/p/channel-4-cancel-skint-on-channel-4-2

Kind regards,
Josh

Comments

• SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shuttlecocks, it just shows a section of society, it's up to us whether we want to mock outrage or not.

Now if you want to start a petition about banning pointless petitions, you'll get my support.