Options

Orange is the New Black - Season 1 (Netflix July 11th)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Just finished the series and one (if not) the best Netflix have done.

Last episode is very well done.

Loved the flashbacks to each characters lives during the series, gave them some depth that would have been missing otherwise.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    i just saw the last episode too.

interesting start for season 2.

i also thought it was interesting that it was a christmas episode. normally tv series air the christmas episodes at christmas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow what an ending!!!!
    Easily the best series i've watched this year..

Loved the fact that the mute was in the choir :D When I saw her there I had a feeling she would start singing

Season 2 Spoiler about a certain character
    Tiffany doesn't die because the actress has been made a series regular for season 2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    I've just finished this and it was just excellent from start to finish. Easily the strongest original show that Netflix has offered so far, with rich, interesting characters that, as a whole, formed an incredibly strong cast. I also can't speak highly enough of Taylor Schilling who, in numerous scenes, demonstrated just why I would love to see Emmy recognition for her next year.

I'm still surprised by how good this show actually is. I didn't even know about it until a month or so before it premiered, and with so little hype or attention (especially compared with the likes of Arrested Development), I expected very little. Fortunately I got so much from it instead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor Schilling was great but I have to say, the supporting cast out did her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    ^ I think Piper has to be relatively straight to balance out the supporting cast, otherwise it'd just be a madhouse with no 'outside looking in' character for the audience. She had her moments, but the others gave really great performances. Complex bunch of intriguing characters.

I really enjoyed the episodes. Original and oddball enough to keep things interesting in a relatively monotonous setting.
  • Options
    decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started watching this, loving it! USA bad girls! Is it just me or did Jason Biggs jump into his American pie character in the pilot? He referenced 2 things that happened to his AP character!
  • Options
    CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This programme is great. I absolutely loved Weeds and this is keeping the humour of it going.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gonna give this a go soon

I saw a preview for it the other night when watching Big brother (a way to get netflix viewers obviously) and it really seems like my type of comedy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, sounds Brooklyn. Like she was channelling Rosie Perez.

Yeah, I like Morello.
    But I was thinking she was doing a Long Island accent.
    I dunno; maybe some posters who've spent more time in NY can confirm...
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting to see next season if
    Nicholls will take Morello back, after the inevitable unravelling of her 'marriage' fantasy.
  • Options
    hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved this show. Watched them all in under a week. Of course one of the problems with netflix shows is everybody watches at different paces which makes discussing the show on a thread like this difficult.

I don't know if there is an obvious answer to this or if it really needs to be a spoiler, but
    How did the inmate with the smuggled phone manage to keep the phone charged?

Never seen Weeds but heard good things about it so I think that is the next thing to start.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hallstar wrote: »
    Never seen Weeds but heard good things about it so I think that is the next thing to start.

Prepare to meet Mary Louise Parker, one of the world's most gorgeous women. It's as if Father Time looked at her and though 'Now why would I want to mess with that?'
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    hallstar wrote: »
    Loved this show. Watched them all in under a week. Of course one of the problems with netflix shows is everybody watches at different paces which makes discussing the show on a thread like this difficult.

I don't know if there is an obvious answer to this or if it really needs to be a spoiler, but
    How did the inmate with the smuggled phone manage to keep the phone charged?

weeds is very very good.

i don't think that thing needs a spoiler tag. but i don't know the answer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the last episode. Wow! I cannot wait for the second season. Such a brilliant programme.

Now to get back to Breaking Bad :P
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Only three episodes in but I'm loving it so far. Probably my favourite Netflix original so far based on what I've watched.
  • Options
    XOXoAbbieoXOXXOXoAbbieoXOX Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was intrigued about this show and I watched the whole season over 2 days back to back!

The finale was amazing and was just what I was hoping for when it came to the last scene, those who haven't seen it will know what I mean when they eventually come to it and hopefully those who have seen it, know what I mean too lol!

I like that we get an insight into why the characters are there, it makes it interesting, rather than just seeing them there and having no background on them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member

The finale was amazing and was just what I was hoping for when it came to the last scene, those who haven't seen it will know what I mean when they eventually come to it and hopefully those who have seen it, know what I mean too lol!

I've just finished the season and I can't believe they left it there! Well played Netflix, that pretty much guarantees my subscription for when season 2 comes out. Really enjoyed season 1, probably the best Netflix Original so far, and I say that having loved House of Cards and Arrested Development (the less said about Hemlock Grove, the better though...), infact it's probably one of the best shows of the 2012/2013 TV season. Highly recommended.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Have only watched the first 4 episodes of this so far but I'm enjoying it as much as I enjoyed House of Cards. I can't get over how much the actress playing Mercy looks like Anna Faris, but it's obviously not her. Great blend of comedy and drama and another home run for Netflix.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    loved this :D had me hooked!
  • Options
    brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching this, it was really good. The ending though!? Oh my god. Excited for the second season now. Also, does anyone think that Taylor Schilling looks a little like a blonde Katy Perry? Please don't tell me I'm the only one who thinks this? There is some Katy Perry features in the face.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brettriot wrote: »
    Just finished watching this, it was really good. The ending though!? Oh my god. Excited for the second season now. Also, does anyone think that Taylor Schilling looks a little like a blonde Katy Perry? Please don't tell me I'm the only one who thinks this? There is some Katy Perry features in the face.

I said this straight away. For a second, I thought it was Katy Perry!
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bloody LOVE this show.

I think i might be in love with Chapman and Crazy Eyes. :o
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    I bloody LOVE this show.

I think i might be in love with Chapman and Crazy Eyes. :o

Swir-irl Swir-irl.

I love OitNB best show I've seen in ages. I can't wait for Season 2.
  • Options
    XOXoAbbieoXOXXOXoAbbieoXOX Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually have a girl crush on Alex! :D