Demand 5 on Samsung Smart TV

dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
Forum Member
Hi Guys,

Last weekend I bought this Samsung Smart TV. I'm really pleased with it, especially that I can use it to access all of the UK's catch up services as well as Lovefilm Instant & YouTube.

I'm connected through ethernet using a 200mbps powerline adaptor and with Sky Broadband Fibre at 40mbps download speed.

I've found that whilst BBC iPlayer, 4oD and ITV Player work fine, I cannot get Demand 5 to work smoothly. For some shows it plays the adverts before the programme fine but then the player will just show a loading icon which loops round and round and does nothing else.

At other times if I'm lucky the programme will load but will constantly buffer and stop every few seconds. I know its not down to my connection speed as the other services work fine such as HD content on iPlayer & Lovefilm.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or know a way to resolve it?

Many Thanks :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I experience similarly poor behaviour on my 32F5500.

Much of the time the programme plays but stutters quite a bit and then cuts off the end of the show.

All other services work fine and I have plenty of bandwidth to spare. TV is using wired Ethernet too.