Options

"Car crash" food

Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,922
Forum Member
✭✭✭
TV shows that are awful but we keep watching them are commonly referred to as "car crash".

What foods would you say are like this with you, in that you can't stop eating them but you know they're really not that great?

For me, it's the fizzy Haribo sweets...I know that if I eat more than half a dozen, I'm left with a horrible taste in my mouth. But I can't help myself; they're so morish! :o

Comments

• Options
    heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark™ wrote: »
    TV shows that are awful but we keep watching them are commonly referred to as "car crash".

What foods would you say are like this with you, in that you can't stop eating them but you know they're really not that great?

For me, it's the fizzy Haribo sweets...I know that if I eat more than half a dozen, I'm left with a horrible taste in my mouth. But I can't help myself; they're so morish! :o

Those salty pretzel snacks you get at parties. I hate them, yet I can't stop eating them!
  • Options
    cakeholecakehole Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine's a party one too - those really cheap cocktail sausages. They taste greasy and full of rubbish just like the ingredients. Normally, I would never touch them. Horror food.

Obviously there is something about parties......
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    misread
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scotch eggs :(

especially "mini" ones filled with egg mayonaise.

I don't even like egg mayonaise yet for some reason put a plate of mini scotch eggs in front of me and I have to eat them :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,336
    Forum Member
    Doughnuts - the jam filled ones - one doughnut is never enough especially when they're still warm - mmmmmmm doughnuts:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doritos. Especially the tangy cheese flavour.
    Mushrooms. Seriously... WTF! I hate the texture, look and thought of swallowing them, yet can't stop myself:confused:
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Processed cheese slices.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dips with carrot sticks and other veg, pitta and tortilla chips. Goes with opening night of BB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    anything small and snack like!
    yum.

breadsticks :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the haribo sour cherries, strawberry fizzy laces and those chewy millions sweets.
  • Options
    ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mini pork pies. not the big pies, just the mini pies...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Tescos onion ring crisps. Naughty but really, really nice. Although no matter how many times you brush your teeth afterwards you can't shift the taste.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pringles - they need an addiction health warning
  • Options
    Beer MonsterBeer Monster Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Processed cheese slices.

love that stuff
  • Options
    Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,737
    Forum Member
    Marmite on toast - it's so salty but you just have to (unless of course you're a 'hater' not a 'lover'!).
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tescos onion ring crisps. Naughty but really, really nice. Although no matter how many times you brush your teeth afterwards you can't shift the taste.
    Oh yes! and they really hurt your mouth and throat. So harsh, but so tasty!

Jaffa cakes. I hate dark chocolate. I hate marmalade. I hate the feeling they leave in my mouth when I gobble a whole pack. Yet I can't stop eating them if they are in front of me.

Liver is another one, it always smells so good and EVERY TIME someone is cooking it I have to have a taste as it smells so nice but every time I gag as soon as it touches my lips.