Options

Grand Theft Auto V ANNOUNCED

Comments

• Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Let's not get too excited for the game based solely on the screenshots. I remember being wowed by the first footage of GTA IV, as I'm sure most others were, and so many people here now criticise that instalment...;)

I think people expected too much from IV, as long as you are realistic in your expectations, its hard to be disappointed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Let's not get too excited for the game based solely on the screenshots. I remember being wowed by the first footage of GTA IV, as I'm sure most others were, and so many people here now criticise that instalment...;)

I loved IV. I confess that I hated my 'friends' constantly bugging me to do things, but no more so than having to eat or drive half way across the map to defend my turf in San Andreas. I thought the graphics were stunning, the gameplay was solid to excellent and the story was good, although nothing will compare to Vice City in my mind. The only major disappointment for me was the lack of some features that are returning in V such as parachutes and planes.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I'd be very, very, VERY surprised if it was released this side of Christmas. As big as GTA V will be, the October-December release schedule is already extremely crowded and you'd expect more to have been seen of the game if it was a mere 2-3 months from release. My money is on a March/April release like GTA IV was, although i also wouldn't be surprised if it was a summer 2013 release. Thinking about it, the last three big Rockstar games (Max Payne 3, LA Noire and Red Dead) have all been summer releases.

Perhaps. It's a tough one to judge. Summer 2013 seems quite late in this current gens life (or end of life) to be launching such a game as I think come this time next year we may end up seeing hints of the next gen consoles especially towards the end of 2013 so dropping a game in late Summer doesn't make financial sense. April 2013 is more than likely the time they will drop it. But and it's a big but, lets say that a new console is to be released next Xmas (2013) then I'd suspect Rockstar would get the game out the Xmas before to maximise sales before the end of the current gen.

Pffft, damn you Rockstar! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved IV. I confess that I hated my 'friends' constantly bugging me to do things, but no more so than having to eat or drive half way across the map to defend my turf in San Andreas. I thought the graphics were stunning, the gameplay was solid to excellent and the story was good, although nothing will compare to Vice City in my mind. The only major disappointment for me was the lack of some features that are returning in V such as parachutes and planes.

Agreed :D and the lack of countryside, etc from SA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Perhaps. It's a tough one to judge. Summer 2013 seems quite late in this current gens life (or end of life) to be launching such a game as I think come this time next year we may end up seeing hints of the next gen consoles especially towards the end of 2013 so dropping a game in late Summer doesn't make financial sense. April 2013 is more than likely the time they will drop it. But and it's a big but, lets say that a new console is to be released next Xmas (2013) then I'd suspect Rockstar would get the game out the Xmas before to maximise sales before the end of the current gen.

Pffft, damn you Rockstar! :p

More like March 2012, they're more likely to release it in this financial year, to boost numbers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I hope there can be more interaction between the crowd
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More like March 2012, they're more likely to release it in this financial year, to boost numbers

Yeah I realised afterwards I had put March, I should of said April as that was the month GTA4 was released.

Wonder if we will get some more screenshots over the weekend. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Yeah I realised afterwards I had put March, I should of said April as that was the month GTA4 was released.

Wonder if we will get some more screenshots over the weekend. :D

and I realised I should have said March 2013 not March 2012 :o

I think we'll be getting some new screenshots on Friday, if you look on the website there's three empty spaces still :D
  • Options
    sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we have had screen shots of transport and activities and by the looks of things there's 3 more to come hopefully tomorrow!

I wonder what they will show? Landmarks maybe?
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people expected too much from IV, as long as you are realistic in your expectations, its hard to be disappointed

I think it was reasonable to expect a lot from IV. The increase in quality from 3 -> Vice City -> San Andreas was a nice progression. So, next gen platform and lessons learned should have provided the best game of the series. Sadly it didn't deliver for most people. For me it's the worst of the 3D GTA games.
    Agreed :D and the lack of countryside, etc from SA

There was a little too much countryside. I do mean a little. Trekkin after Catalina and Polaski got on my tits.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait much longer, I'm considering doing a cartman and cryogenically freezing myself :(
  • Options
    GrahameSteeleGrahameSteele Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if V is for the next gen consols?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member

It's not.
  • Options
    redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    sparky07 wrote: »
    So we have had screen shots of transport and activities and by the looks of things there's 3 more to come hopefully tomorrow!

I wonder what they will show? Landmarks maybe?

or Cities :D
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member

It won't be. If it was that mean two things, either the game won't be released to both PS4 - Xbox Durango (code name) are released. Now if and big if both MS and Sony managed to get them out the same time say 2013 fall, It was a launch title that would mean no GTA V for a year.

However the chances of both Sony's and MS getting both console out at same time is unlikely. Meaning it could be two years or more, considering Sony launch patterns. Simply put Sony and MS most likely only have targeted launch dates, meaning to much uncertainty for R* to even announce the game, especially announcing a possible 1-2+ years before a possible release.
  • Options
    Marksw76Marksw76 Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    or Cities :D

Sadly I really don't think there are any more cities, I think the screenshots look so detailed that I can't imagine the PS3 would be able to process much more detail and different cities too! Really wish there were though!

It does look awesome but I really hope the fun and playibility are up to scratch too! When you look back at SA the graphics are obviously poorer but I could still get as much enjoyment from playing it today even though it is on an older platform.

Its just the little touches that make it so good even down to the personailities of the DJs on the radio were funny.

Overall I hope as much attention is given to the game as a whole rather than just the graphics
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    I can't wait much longer, I'm considering doing a cartman and cryogenically freezing myself :(

A bit tricky though given that no release date has been confirmed. You could freeze yourself now assuming the release is for March/April, wake up then just to find it was released the previous October/November. :p Or you could set the clock for October/November just to find the release date is March/April and you'd still have to wait. lol :D

I hope that we do get a release date in September though. It would help contain my excitement. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's for the current gen. However as a 360 owner I'd be quite happy if it came on 2 discs, if it was that big. :D

I recall with GTA 4 that a lot of the problems they suffered was allegedly, down to the fact that it had to be crammed onto 1 disc (to do with some legal Microsoft BS) and thats also what caused the delay. Again this was just the rumours at the time. maybe Microsoft have gave them a little more freedom this time around. :p

Still I'm so glad they are using the new version of the RAGE engine that produced some awesome details and the like on Read Dead Redemption.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to go total conspiracy theorist here and it's just a bit of a joke so don't take it serious:

We had at first 2 pics, then 3, then another 3 and there are 3 slots left. Which means the total number of pics will be 11. 11 is also the month of November on the calendar. Coincidence? hahaha :p

Thinking about it though as much as I want it in November it would be better for me if it did come in April. WWE 13 is out in November and Aliens Colonial Marines will be out February so if GTAV is released this year those 2 games won't be purchased.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disc size shouldn't be a problem this time around skyrim wasn't even 4gb

Id love then to release the same day as call of duty just to see what would happen but I doubt they will do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Disc size shouldn't be a problem this time around skyrim wasn't even 4gb

Id love then to release the same day as call of duty just to see what would happen but I doubt they will do that.

Is it?! I never installed it to my HDD but I'm shocked at this.

Having said that it doesn't surprise me because the textures and skins were repetitive as was the voices being used in the towns villages.

4gb? thats about the same size as a Lego game. :eek: :p
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    And the link to our post: http://bit.ly/PGvc0D

And that's it for this week folks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    And the link to our post: http://bit.ly/PGvc0D

And that's it for this week folks!

4 instead of 3, well thats shattered my CT. :p

I hope we get some more next week. :D I love the pic of the plane, the water effects looks so good. I hope the character can swim. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I play tennis in this game?
This discussion has been closed.