Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 20)

Comments

• Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    Don't forget a manager who has assaulted an official and an opposing player but is still at the club.

And we wanted him gone for that. You lot, however, will never take off your blinkers and will defend anything to the hilt. Suarez could murder someone and Liverpool fans would still find a way to twist it and defend him. He can do no wrong in your eyes.

This is more than just football now. He's a deranged individual who doesn't belong on the football pitch.
  • Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And we wanted him gone for that. You lot, however, will never take off your blinkers and will defend anything to the hilt. Suarez could murder someone and Liverpool fans would still find a way to twist it and defend him. He can do no wrong in your eyes.

This is more than just football now. He's a deranged individual who doesn't belong on the football pitch.

Has he killed someone?

Has he intentionally set out to injure an opponent?

Has he failed a drug test?

Has he shot a team mate?

Has he put a cigar out in a team mates eye?

Has he raped someone?

The answer to those questions is no.

Now there are some other players who have done those things and guess what, they are still playing ok one is training on a day release but where is the condemnation?

Yes he has bit before, yes he is an idiot for doing it.

But to suggest that he should never play a game again is a little exaggerated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop using the actions of others to try and lessen the offence. That's all I see large pockets of Liverpool fans doing. Do you think when the courts are deciding the outcome of a case they say "Ah well it wasn't as bad as when that other guy did something completely different". Come on man!

Also, yes he has set out to injure an opponent - unless you think it was some kind of sign if affection. Just like his racial abuse was "cultural".

This is also far far worse than failing a drug test.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stop using the actions of others to try and lessen the offence. That's all I see large pockets of Liverpool fans doing. Do you think when the courts are deciding the outcome of a case they say "Ah well it wasn't as bad as when that other guy did something completely different". Come on man!

Also, yes he has set out to injure an opponent - unless you think it was some kind of sign if affection. Just like his racial abuse was "cultural".

It's far worse than someone using performance enhancing drugs to gain an unfair advantage?

I think you need to get off the crack pipe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    It's far worse than someone using performance enhancing drugs to gain an unfair advantage?

I think you need to get off the crack pipe.

Of course if is! You're biting someone for crying out loud. You are attacking someone. Performance enhancing drugs hurt no one but the outcome of an event - biting someone is an assault on another person.
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member

Considering your on a LIVERPOOL thread, you are most likely going to see a different reaction here from some folks compared to the other football threads on the DS Forums, coming onto the LIVERPOOL part of the forum stating the BIB generalising like that making those remarks will just rub people up the wrong way

You seem to think we aren't annoyed! I haven't seen one memeber on this thread condone what Suarez has done
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    Slightly worried FSG may have had enough you know. Sponsors are not gonna be happy.

Really hope Luis stays..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Failing a drug test is setting out to cheat. Biting someone is done in the heat of the moment.

You called for a life time ban.

I gave examples of previous incidents where a player has not been banned for life, for more serious offences. How isn't that relative?

He bit the shoulder, which also if you care to google a picture of Chiellini without a top on, you will see a familiar scar pattern, not ruin someone's knee.

Now if you can differentiate between those incidents, come on man!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course if is! You're biting someone for crying out loud. You are attacking someone. Performance enhancing drugs hurt no one but the outcome of an event - biting someone is an assault on another person.

Hahahahahahaha

Tell that to Lance Armstrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kobashi100 wrote: »
    Slightly worried FSG may have had enough you know. Sponsors are not gonna be happy.

Really hope Luis stays..

Well the thing is the owners now have a reason to sell without upsetting the fans. They can justify selling him without much comeback
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Just make sure its "Al Dente"

Who is this Al Dente bloke?

Is it another player we have been linked to? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahahahahaha

Tell that to Lance Armstrong.

The worst thing he did was affect the outcome of races. As bad as it is, if you can't see that assaulting someone is worse than cheating in a race then there's something wrong.

Essentially, if I took a short cut in a race - you would be more annoyed at me than if someone attacked you without provocation? That's essentially what you're saying isn't it?
  • bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will say this: you can definitely tell the difference between our management and uraguay's management. With the chelsea incident, suarez was told to apologise and he apologised the same day. With uraguay, they're just playing down the incident.
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the thing is the owners now have a reason to sell without upsetting the fans. They can justify selling him without much comeback

And replacing him with a player like Sanchez will lessen the blow.

As I've said before, this isn't an emotional attached thing, this is a money making business and having a player on the books who bites people - not once but three times now - as well as other 'incidents', no matter how good he is, surely can't be worked around again

Yes ok it could probably be glossed over eventually on the domestic stage after the press and media have got bored but this is rumbling on around the world. Markets like America are key in things these days and even Bruce bloody Springsteen has waded in saying there's no place for biting in sport.

IMO it's just too much hassle for a club that seems in the right place mentally again. Do not need this crap from a player again.
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    The worst thing he did was affect the outcome of races. As bad as it is, if you can't see that assaulting someone is worse than cheating in a race then there's something wrong.

Essentially, if I took a short cut in a race - you would be more annoyed at me than if someone attacked you without provocation? That's essentially what you're saying isn't it?

What planet are you on?

Performance enhancing drugs is way worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your analogy sucks.

Drug cheating in sport to gain an unfair advantage undermines the spirit of competition. It not only effects yourself but everyone else competing as well as the multiple stakeholders in such a sport. It’s not simply about effecting the outcome of a result, it goes way deeper than that.
    As I've said before, this isn't an emotional attached thing, this is a money making business and having a player on the books who bites people - not once but three times now - as well as other 'incidents', no matter how good he is, surely can't be worked around again

I think it can especially if the Manager still wants and believes in the player. If Rodgers still has faith in him and sees him as a pivotal player in his team then we keep him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe there are still people who think that taking performance enhancing drugs is worse than assaulting someone!

And you wonder where the "Ashamed of nothing. Offended by everything" thing came from...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it can especially if the Manager still wants and believes in the player. If Rodgers still has faith in him and sees him as a pivotal player in his team then we keep him.

But when does there come a point where FSG say 'enough is enough'? Do they keep him and watch him lose value - with the possibility of dragging the good name of LFC through the mud again - or do they accept things like sponsors etc may be frustrated and cash in on him while there's supposed interest from Spain?

I'm in the mindset that if they can bring in Sanchez it would work wonders to keep moral up plus it'd give an extra cash injection to bring in another couple of players too.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    Who is this Al Dente bloke?

Is it another player we have been linked to? ;-)

Aah the famous pasta dish that we are being linked to sell at Anfield. No doubt the scout-less Spuds will be eager to get the recipe before us. :D
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,950
    Forum Member

Oh well, destroying the reputation of an entire sport for years is not so bad then, I suppose.

I think part of the tabloid-like OTT reactions from people is because it's such a disgusting act; like spitting is such a disgusting and revolting abuse when it's used as an attack. People (and I'm one of them, I suppose) get disproportionately angered by it. The fact that it's not very damaging doesn't seem to factor in very much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many more fans from other clubs are going to accuse Liverpool supporters of defending Suarez actions when no one here has.

Think some people have either lost the ability to read or are just posting on this thread to wind people up...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squibbles wrote: »
    How many more fans from other clubs are going to accuse Liverpool supporters of defending Suarez actions when no one here has.

Think some people have either lost the ability to read or are just posting on this thread to wind people up...

By saying "it isn't as bad as XYZ" it kind of is defending him though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it's not. At all. It's all about keeping things in perspective.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If I had trained all my life for a shot at something, then someone comes along on steroids and beats me, of course I would chuckle to myself, call him a cheeky chap and then get on with my life.

Only affected the outcome of the race. Only.

Jesus wept.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Certainly is not. So far all I have seen is irrational posts.
This discussion has been closed.