Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 20)

Comments

• misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squibbles wrote: »
    I can just see all the paps now following him everywhere trying to catch him kick a ball....

Hoping they can print "Gotcha Suarez" in one of the joke papers "cough" comics.

Talking about his fitness levels if he is still a Liverpool player for the conceivable future. If I was FSG and Brendon Rodgers I would send him to Boston. Red Sox. They said he is not allowed to play football, enter the club or use it's facilities.

Never said nothing about using the sports equipment, facilities or staff of another sport. ;)

Doesn't help that he cant train with the team. That's the issue.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this ban from 'all football activity' mean he can't play FIFA (other football games are available) or Football Manager? And I assume they'll confiscate his Subbuteo set too....
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    Liverpool didn't have the balls to punt him after the Evra incident. This has come back to bite (sorry) them on the bum.

Not really he's helped us get back into the champions league. To be fair I really don't see why Liverpool are getting targeted with this. They set up all the network around him so he'd behave himself then he plays for Uruguay under their care and does this. If I were John Henry and we keep him then I'd force Uruguay to pay his wages for the length of the ban. People saying Liverpool haven't done enough etc. are just plain wrong.
  • Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Does this ban from 'all football activity' mean he can't play FIFA (other football games are available) or Football Manager? And I assume they'll confiscate his Subbuteo set too....

No 'blow football', headers and volleys, or Panini stickers, either.
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In reality a 4 month ban could mean he is out for at least 5 months if he can't train properly. I don't think his injury has fully healed yet either f@ck knows what the Uruguayans did to him to recover so quickly.

One things for sure in the mucky world of football there will be plenty of clubs (not just Barcelona) that will want Suarez and I am sure the wheeling and dealing is going on as I type.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only people I want to hear from now is Liverpool. I'm very interested in what they are going to do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    feckit wrote: »
    In reality a 4 month ban could mean he is out for at least 5 months if he can't train properly. I don't think his injury has fully healed yet either f@ck knows what the Uruguayans did to him to recover so quickly.

One things for sure in the mucky world of football there will be plenty of clubs (not just Barcelona) that will want Suarez and I am sure the wheeling and dealing is going on as I type.

Oh absolutely. I'm sure Suarez will have a very good season at Barca and people will say how great a player he is now he's not playing for Liverpool. That's what it's all about after all.
  • mikeydddmikeyddd Posts: 11,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    The only people I want to hear from now is Liverpool. I'm very interested in what they are going to do.

This is true, I think we will get all the facts we need fro liverpool, and I'd trust them to do what ever they deem to be the correct thing.
  • Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more I think about the 'all football activities' aspect of this the more it annoys me. Do FIFA actually own football now? Can they actually stop him from having a kick-about with mates down the park? The games ban, fine. The stadium ban, fine. Stopping him training? Why, what's the point of that? So he can't simply slot back into the team the day after the ban ends? Well in that case just give him a longer ban. It's utterly pathetic. I think they've over stepped the mark on this TBH. I am not sure they have the authority to stop him doing what ever the club asks him to do as their employee, whether that be making the tea, mopping the floors or training like buggery with the rest of the team.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assa2 wrote: »
    The more I think about the 'all football activities' aspect of this the more it annoys me. Do FIFA actually own football now? Can they actually stop him from having a kick-about with mates down the park? The games ban, fine. The stadium ban, fine. Stopping him training? Why, what's the point of that? So he can't simply slot back into the team the day after the ban ends? Well in that case just give him a longer ban. It's utterly pathetic. I think they've over stepped the mark on this TBH. I am not sure they have the authority to stop him doing what ever the club asks him to do as their employee, whether that be making the tea, mopping the floors or training like buggery with the rest of the team.

We really don't know what is included in the ban and a few pundits saying I think this or that doesn't matter I doubt Liverpool would take any crap like that though.
  • Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So with Uruguay appealing, if FIFA cannot hear the appeal before Saturday would Suarez be eligible to play?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a quick look at the article 22 FDC and it doesn't really say much, so where people are getting he can't train from I don't know, unless I'm missing something.
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the appeal is unsuccessful, does it carry an increased penalty or would it remain at the current level of punishment?
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    promo-only wrote: »
    If the appeal is unsuccessful, does it carry an increased penalty or would it remain at the current level of punishment?

This is what I'm thinking too

I'll be even more sufficiently annoyed if so

There's nothing to appeal surely? In which I feel the appeal will fail, it blatant what he has down

I feel because Uraguay are stuffed without him they are giving the appeal a shot, which could affect his situation even more, or hopefully it'll only affect his international sanctions

They haven't a clue how to deal with this those Uruguayan lot, the better he's back with Liverpool to deal with this the better
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assa2 wrote: »
    So with Uruguay appealing, if FIFA cannot hear the appeal before Saturday would Suarez be eligible to play?
    No. He won't be able to play until whatever ban
    he receives after the appeal ends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    feckit wrote: »

Joey_J wrote: »
    This is what I'm thinking too

I'll be even more sufficiently annoyed if so

There's nothing to appeal surely? In which I feel the appeal will fail, it blatant what he has down

I feel because Uraguay are stuffed without him they are giving the appeal a shot, which could affect his situation even more, or hopefully it'll only affect his international sanctions

They haven't a clue how to deal with this those Uruguayan lot, the better he's back with Liverpool to deal with this the better

I honestly can't understand why Uruguay are appealing? It affects them much less than Liverpool. I think we need to get involved and tonight we own the player and Uruguay are making things worse. Liverpool need a statement out tonight.
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,950
    Forum Member
    mikeyddd wrote: »
    Had a quick look at the article 22 FDC and it doesn't really say much, so where people are getting he can't train from I don't know, unless I'm missing something.

Does it say anything about being banned from football stadiums?

People are just guessing a lot of it at the moment because FIFA haven't got round to clarifying what they describe as 'all football related activity' in their punishment. Probably because in their haste to make a statement that Suarez is out of the World Cup, they hadn't got round to thinking it through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    Does it say anything about being banned from football stadiums?

People are just guessing a lot of it at the moment because FIFA haven't got round to clarifying what they describe as 'all football related activity' in their punishment. Probably because in their haste to make a statement that Suarez is out of the World Cup, they hadn't got round to thinking it through.

I think you are right, and it has been said elsewhere, they came out with a basic statement citing the relative clause to for the ban, but will have to flesh out the what the ban actually covers. I really can't see it including a ban on training and if it does, liverpool accepting it lightly.
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Uruguayans have absolutely no shame. "No evidence" I hear them cry. They're out of their minds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you are right, and it has been said elsewhere, they came out with a basic statement citing the relative clause to for the ban, but will have to flesh out the what the ban actually covers. I really can't see it including a ban on training and if it does, liverpool accepting it lightly.
    It clearly states he won't be able to enter football stadiums during the four month ban and for games involving Uruguay he is banned from after that.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    And we wanted him gone for that. You lot, however, will never take off your blinkers and will defend anything to the hilt. Suarez could murder someone and Liverpool fans would still find a way to twist it and defend him. He can do no wrong in your eyes.

This is more than just football now. He's a deranged individual who doesn't belong on the football pitch.

Liverpool fans aren't defending Suárez. A lot of us just don't want to sell him. I don't know where you're getting the idea that we're defending him. Making comparisons with other incidents to put things into perspective is hardly defending, either. We aren't excusing what he did.

You might be confusing us with the Uruguayans.

taurus_67 wrote: »
    Bollocks! Trust FIFA to find away to punish Liverpool more than anyone else.

Did you really just say that? Please don't add to that victim mentality stereotype associated with Liverpool fans...

Unless you're joking, then carry on. :p
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Uruguayans have absolutely no shame. "No evidence" I hear them cry. They're out of their minds.

I have to admit that the Uruguayan FA are doing themselves no favours saying "it is an excessive decision and there was not enough evidence". There were multiple cameras (all in HD too!) inside the ground so to come out and say there wasn't enough evidence is, quite frankly, embarrassing.

Can clearly tell they lack any sort of PR department, the likes of which we have in England.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does seem harsh on us, but it's Suarez who has been hit hardest, it also seems he will lose his sponsorship deals with Adidas and 888 Poker because of this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snukr wrote: »
    It clearly states he won't be able to enter football stadiums during the four month ban and for games involving Uruguay he is banned from after that.

we were talking about where it says he can't train
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we were talking about where it says he can't train
    The poster you replied to asked about stadiums.
This discussion has been closed.