Options

Horrific Attack On 14 Year Old in Edinburgh

Comments

• Options
    Lucem FerreLucem Ferre Posts: 8,224
    Forum Member
    I'm sure we can all rest assured that they'll receive a nice lengthy six months in a young offenders institute.

Yep, that'll put them back on the straight and narrow.

The reality here is that our criminals, and their crimes, have moved far beyond a criminal justice system that no longer has any answers and still seems to believe that asking people to politely stop committing heinous crimes is somehow going to work.

We need to seriously get a grip, although I can't see it happening.
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dirty little gits, thats made my blood boil. Can't be named for legal reasons, I'm sick of hearing that. Perhaps they should start naming and shaming these youngsters, let them lose their anonymity and see what their wider community thinks of them then. I'm not advocating violence in retaliation, more shun them, don't allow them to be part of society, they sure don't deserve to be, I can't even call them animals.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2009 wrote: »
    I can understand why you'd want them dead, but their is no worse torture that living with guilt.

I'd say what the victim went through and will have to live with is worse than any guilt that these three would suffer. Not that they will suffer guilt - this kind always think they are justified and play down their own responsibility - ably assisted by the authorities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmm, all of theses kids seemed to live in a secure unit. meaning under social work care. you dont get sent there unless really bad. once there, pampered with pocket money, clothing allowance, holidays. not exactly encouraging any of them to behave in any way like a good citizen. very often by the time they get there its too late, damage is done.
    another thing is any punishment they get, due to age will be nowt but a slap on the wrist and worn as a badge by them.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the more confusing posts i've tried to unravel but i'll have a crack anyway .. :rolleyes:
    Empirical wrote: »
    No he believed he had not broken the law. Wether he had believed he had or not done anything wrong and weather the girls believed or not they had done anything wrong can only be speculation.

Personally I doubt any of them believed they had done anything wrong. Again that's speculation.

So one minute you say he believed he hadn't broken the law and the next you say you believe that none of them had done anything wrong?

Yes, it is speculation but my speculation is based on having direct contact and involvement with yobs and kids like this. Many of them genuinely believe they have some kind of right to do whatever they want, regardless of if it's criminal or not, and do not believe they are actually doing anything wrong.
    Yet you have chosen to believe that he had no remorse or feeling but as you describe him as worse clearly believe the two girls had more feeling and /or remorse.

You're trying to imply and suggest things i've never said.
    And you mistakenly had a bash at me on the other thread for making what you thought was a sweeping generalisation about guys and feelings and empathy.

Thats pretty funny.

The other thread has absolutely no relation to this at all ..
  • Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So one minute you say he believed he hadn't broken the law and the next you say you believe that none of them had done anything wrong?

Maybe you need more sleep. I said the only thing that can be established from the article in relation to his feelings and beliefs is that he believed he had not broken the law, anything else is speculation.

And since you have decided to speculate I thought id throw my person belief in too, but im not using that belief (which is NOT based on the article) to condemn one person I have singled out as 'worse'.

I then said my personal speculation was that all three probably thought they had not morally dont anything wrong....based on my life experience.

But I was not basing my arguments on speculation im basing it on what can be gathered from the article.
    Yes, it is speculation but my speculation is based on having direct contact and involvement with yobs and kids like this. Many of them genuinely believe they have some kind of right to do whatever they want, regardless of if it's criminal or not, and do not believe they are actually doing anything wrong.

My experience tells me exactly the same! And apparently it tells you that too....yet you decided for no apparent reason this does not apply to the two girls. So you have now gone against your experience to arbitrary decide that the boy is worse.

Since your experience tells you that yobs think they have the moral right to do these things...why have you decided it doesn't apply to the girls?
    The other thread has absolutely no relation to this at all ..

I was just amusing myself at your apparent inability to perceive any form of irony.;)
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    This is absolutely disgusting. Bring back hanging is what I say, although hanging is probably to good for the teenagers that did this. Scumbags :mad:
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why have you decided it doesn't apply to the girls?

I have already stated that I believe the girls should be severely punished for their involvement ..

Anyway, this is getting nowhere so feel free to have the last word and be as smug as you like about it as well .. i'm out ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually sickening.

The poor girl, I really hope she recieves the help she needs to get over this horrific incident and that with the support of her friends and her family, she can eventually recover from this.

The swines who took part in attacking the poor girl including the boy who filmed it should be locked up like any adult would be for an attack of this nature. The fact is, these children are not 7 year olds, they're 14 year olds and they knew exactly what they were doing, and to carry this on for 45 minutes really is shocking. And for the boy to stand there filming the attacking and egging the 'girls' on really makes you worry about the mental state of some people.

There names should be published, as should there pictures and hopefully these sick teenagers will recieve the awful treatment right back at them that they gave to their victim. Lock them up in jail and give them a taste of there own medicine.

My thoughts are with the victim.
  • Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have already stated that I believe the girls should be severely punished for their involvement ..

Just not as servilely(sp?) as the girls who are not quite as bad as the boy.

Thats what Im objecting to, even if you stated all three should have the same punishment the fact you have decided he has less feelings than them and the only thing you can offer up in support of that is that he doesn't know the law and tried to wriggle out of trouble is pretty telling.

To me anyway.

Anyway, this is getting nowhere so feel free to have the last word and be as smug as you like about it as well .. i'm out ..

Thanks, I will. :D And here it is:

Rumpelstiltskin.
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    Actually sickening.

The poor girl, I really hope she recieves the help she needs to get over this horrific incident and that with the support of her friends and her family, she can eventually recover from this.

The swines who took part in attacking the poor girl including the boy who filmed it should be locked up like any adult would be for an attack of this nature. The fact is, these children are not 7 year olds, they're 14 year olds and they knew exactly what they were doing, and to carry this on for 45 minutes really is shocking. And for the boy to stand there filming the attacking and egging the 'girls' on really makes you worry about the mental state of some people.

There names should be published, as should there pictures and hopefully these sick teenagers will recieve the awful treatment right back at them that they gave to their victim. Lock them up in jail and give them a taste of there own medicine.

My thoughts are with the victim.

Yes, this horrific attack will probably scar that poor girl for the rest of her life, her life is now completely ruined thanks to these thoughtless, nasty, evil little scumbags who don't deserve to be on this planet for what they did.

Knowing the pathetic excuse we call the British justice system though, they will be out of prison by the time they are 20 to commit more crime and destroy somebody elses life, after serving some 8 years playing on their Playstation 2 in a cell somewhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember watching a clip about a year ago when a group of Ukrainians attacked this guy in some woods with a bunch of hammers, it lasted for ages and he didnt die till the end. He got stabbed in the chest and eyes with screwdrivers multiple times also. Completely random attack.
  • Options
    JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There names should be published, as should there pictures and hopefully these sick teenagers will recieve the awful treatment right back at them that they gave to their victim.

No one should have their names revealed until after they've been found guilty in court.

That shouldn't change regardless of how horrific the crime is.
  • Options
    cpikey316_cpikey316_ Posts: 1,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JonDoe wrote: »
    No one should have their names revealed until after they've been found guilty in court.

That shouldn't change regardless of how horrific the crime is.

They were filmed comitting the crime, you dont get more guilty than that.

All involved should be dragged in front of a TV camera, and shot. Show this on the news, send the message that it is NOT ok to behave in this way, and it will not be tolerated.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2009 wrote: »
    I bet we would not.

I think we would. The tabloids would pay good money to someone who could give them evidence that the Bulger killers had re-offended. There'll be enough people who know who they are for someone to be tempted.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    STEVE 03 wrote: »
    Yes, this horrific attack will probably scar that poor girl for the rest of her life, her life is now completely ruined thanks to these thoughtless, nasty, evil little scumbags who don't deserve to be on this planet for what they did.

Knowing the pathetic excuse we call the British justice system though, they will be out of prison by the time they are 20 to commit more crime and destroy somebody elses life, after serving some 8 years playing on their Playstation 2 in a cell somewhere.

You seriously think they'll spend 8 years inside? I'll predict for you now that they'll spend 3 years inside at the max and probably less.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    cpikey316_ wrote: »

All involved should be dragged in front of a TV camera, and shot. Show this on the news, send the message that it is NOT ok to behave in this way, and it will not be tolerated.

How about we reward the kids who did this with a few hours on a bouncy castle*....?

:)

*Bouncy castle will be filled with a mixture of salt, rusty razor blades and used syringes with all exits closed off...

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    Whilst beating people up is extremely uncool, you have to remember these people are kids, so it's reasonable to believe they could be "rehabilitated". Kids do bully eachother, and usually grow up OK.

It's hard to know from the description in the article how severe the injuries were. Whether they were the sort that would heal, or the permanent kind. The attack could have been much worse- gouged eyes, broken teeth, ruptured arteries etc. I imagine if someone was actually stamping on another person's head with stilettos without holding back, the injuries would be much more severe than those described.

Anyone saying that the perpetrators should be killed or whatever is a hypocrite, and furthermore, a bellend. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrHoppy wrote: »
    Whilst beating people up is extremely uncool, you have to remember these people are kids, so it's reasonable to believe they could be "rehabilitated". Kids do bully eachother, and usually grow up OK.

It's hard to know from the description in the article how severe the injuries were. Whether they were the sort that would heal, or the permanent kind. The attack could have been much worse- gouged eyes, broken teeth, ruptured arteries etc. I imagine if someone was actually stamping on another person's head with stilettos without holding back, the injuries would be much more severe than those described.

Anyone saying that the perpetrators should be killed or whatever is a hypocrite, and furthermore, a bellend. :)

It doesn't mention injuries but she spent 6 days in hospital.

Rehabilitation, I don't know, they were already under social services care.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrHoppy wrote: »

Personal insults? If you have to stoop to that, you are clearly incapable of arguing in a grown up manner. I thought the kids went back to school today?

However, say what you want, in an overpopulated world with dwindling resources, what benefit will these have to society? There are many other 14 year olds, all of which, i'm sure can grasp the fundamental principle that its not ok to drag a girl into an alley and torture her on camera.

Tell you what, we'll meet up and ill do to you what the news report said they did to her. That may change your perspective somewhat...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you read in a newspaper.

Until a judge and jury have seen it, it's just hearsay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Personal insults? If you have to stoop to that, you are clearly incapable of arguing in a grown up manner. I thought the kids went back to school today?
    This is funny because of what you say afterwards...
    However, say what you want, in an overpopulated world with dwindling resources, what benefit will these have to society?
    You're saying that people that are "not of benefit to society" should be killed?
    Tell you what, we'll meet up and ill do to you what the news report said they did to her. That may change your perspective somewhat...
    Personal threats LOL.

Because i say we, as a society, shouldn't be shooting people, that makes you want to beat me up? Are you trolling?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Personal insults are not acceptable but threats of violence are?

It's not MrHoppy that needs to grow up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a threat, it was intended as a proposal.

I'm not saying people who aren't of benefit to society should be killed, you are twisting my words to suit your statement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not a threat, it was intended as a proposal.
    If it's sane, consensual, the injuries are superficial and heal within about a week, you are fit and i have a safeword then i accept your proposal. I'm guessing that's not what you have in mind though.
    I'm not saying people who aren't of benefit to society should be killed, you are twisting my words to suit your statement.
    You sort of did say that though. Your justification for saying these kids should be dragged outside and shot on TV was that they are of no benefit to society. I guess you don't mean that all persons of no benefit to society should be killed, but you still use it as part of your justification for killing some, which i think is a bit messed up.