Options

Trousers & Tissue

whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,160
Forum Member
✭✭
Found out to my cost, yet again, a white tissue should noytgo in the wash with my black trousers - the result is a kind of snow effect!!

Anyone any ideas how to get the tissue specks off the trousers!!

PS sorry for boring thread but you dont want too much excitement of a Monday morning!

Comments

• Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ohh I hate that! The only cure I've found is to give them a good shake once dry (outdoors!) then re-wash.
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sellotape?
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah that was going to be my suggestion, wrap some sticky tape around your fingers (sticky side facing away from your hand obviously) and then use that to try and pick up as much of the tissue as you can. It's so annoying. Could be worse, at least you didn't wash your ipod shuffle like I did last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah that was going to be my suggestion, wrap some sticky tape around your fingers (sticky side facing away from your hand obviously) and then use that to try and pick up as much of the tissue as you can. It's so annoying. Could be worse, at least you didn't wash your ipod shuffle like I did last week.
    :eek: Noooooo!

My biggest 'washing faux pas' was putting a library book in the wash....not much survived, and I had to 'fess up to the library & pay for a replacement! :o
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »

My biggest 'washing faux pas' was putting a library book in the wash....not much survived, and I had to 'fess up to the library & pay for a replacement! :o

How the hell did you manage to put a library book in the wash?
  • Options
    whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »

My other half washed his Blackberry phone - idiot - I was actually quite pleased as he was always fiddling with the thing. My glee was short lived as he got an upgrade with more stupid things to fiddle with.

Ok so it sellotape wow gonna take a while!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »

I knew someone would ask! :D

I put it on top of the laundry in the basket to carry it all downstairs, then put something else into the basket...then bunged it all in the machine. :(

Ironically, it was 'Moab is my Washpot' by Stephen Fry. :D
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok so it sellotape wow gonna take a while!

Well you can use anything sticky. If you have duct tape, just cut 6 inch strips and imagine you're waxing your legs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tumble drier for a few minutes. On their own.
  • Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »

Must have been a dirty book.
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just give them a good old shake ,let them dry and put them in the drier .Dont do anything till they are dry it will be so much easier then . I have done it so often and other sundry items besides ! I heard clunking the other day from the machine and I saw a hairbrush bashing about in there !
  • Options
    gertrude hubblegertrude hubble Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The number of times I have done that and it's always with the dark wash never with white stuff. I let then dry, give them a brush to get the worst off then rewash.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can get a lint roller at the pound shops. Works great on pet hair and tissue flecks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you have 2 white Persian cats and wear dark suits, brown tape is your best friend. Roll sticky side out, over your hand and wipe away. The better quality brown tape is better than the cheapo Chinese crap.
  • Options
    FlufanFlufan Posts: 2,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did dip into this thread, curiosity piqued by the title as to exactly what it would be about.

Not what I expected, tbh!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flufan wrote: »
    I did dip into this thread, curiosity piqued by the title as to exactly what it would be about.

Not what I expected, tbh!

What were you expecting? Lol