Options

So what is the 'problem' with Holly and Artem?

Comments

• Options
    teagenieteagenie Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    His plastic teeth!! :p:p:p

I'd never noticed his teeth until someone mentioned it on here last year - now they are all I see!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teagenie wrote: »
    His plastic teeth!! :p:p:p

I'd never noticed his teeth until someone mentioned it on here last year - now they are all I see!!!

He makes my skin crawl and I wish he would cover his chest up as it repulses me. I find him the most unattractive male pro ever,
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish whatever the problem is that they sort it out quickly she could be fantastic but something is not right........I do think that the producers have made a mistake putting her with Artem, I doubt I was the only one watching that Tango last night thinking how great Kara would have been doing it...and thats because Artem is doing the same sort of routine that he would have done for Kara because they are similar in so many ways (except the quality of the dancing so far)
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what is the 'problem' with Holly and Artem?

Kara.
  • Options
    kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its high expectations as well.

Shes the hottest female in the whole competition, she in her 20s , she used to dance in her music videos so people think she will be the best one in strictly. She can't live up to it because she isn't a professional dancer and probably hasn't done a music video in years.
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Her costume last night distracted me from the dancing.
    Side-on it looked like something bought from S&M Fetish Ltd.
  • Options
    roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hehe wrote: »
    isn't it obvious? Artem is trying not to get too close to her because Karra has told him not to! She is clearly jealous.

What a load of sh*** :rolleyes:

Holly and Artem are both in a serious relationship.
    The producers however totally ignored that and rubbed their hands together with glee hoping to create another showmance. :rolleyes:

Perhaps Holly and Artem feel uncomfortable with that and may be going out of their way to show it's just not going to happen.
    Maybe by doing that, they have taken it to the extreme, I don't know.

Why do people think there will automatically be a romantic spark between them? It's a job for Artem. Does everyone fancy everyone they work with. sheesh!

I also think that because some are looking for signs of a romance .. they are missing the fabulous choreography and the 'not so bad' dancing Holly has done so far.
    Better than most on the show for sure.

To blame Kara is just rubbish!
  • Options
    ebeeebee Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roadieboys wrote: »

The producers however totally ignored that and rubbed their hands together with glee hoping to create another showmance. :rolleyes:

Perhaps Holly and Artem feel uncomfortable with that and may be going out of their way to show it's just not going to happen.

Why do people think there will automatically be a romantic spark between them? It's a job for Artem. Does everyone fancy everyone they work with. sheesh!

I also think that because some are looking for signs of a romance .. they are missing the fabulous choreography and the 'not so bad' dancing has done so far.

Well said Roadieboys
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Truth or the rumour mill at work? (it is the Daily Fail after all)
    Strictly Come Dancing star Artem Chigvintsev was apparently reduced to tears after an emotional argument with his jealous 'insecure' girlfriend Kara Tointon.

The Russian dancer had a long phone call with the former EastEnders star on Friday and he struggled to keep his emotions in check during the rehearsals with sultry dance partner Holly Valance.

And the situation was undoubtedly made worse by Artem and Holly's sexy tango on last night's show.

A Strictly insider told the Sunday Mirror: 'Artem was in a real state at the studio because he is finding it difficult to deal with Kara's jealousy over him and Holly. Artem has told people Kara has been yelling at him.'
  • Options
    roadieboysroadieboys Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The same rag that made up a story about Kara and Artem having a blazing row in the street last year .. Showed them in two pics arguing in front of a car .. they were two different cars and they weren't even there together! ffs!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally don't think they have a no chemistry problem. I just think it's different from Kara and Artem's chemistry and maybe some people are finding it difficult to see past the way Artem was with Kara last year. I also don't think Holly is as naturally talented as Kara was and so it's taking longer to tap into her potential as a dancer. If there had never been a Kara last year, I doubt people would be seeing problems in the Holly and Artem partnership and they'd be allowed to develop at their own pace, not Kartem's.
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jake2008 wrote: »
    I honestly don't get Holly, she seems polite and supportive to her fellow celebs, HOWEVER none of this is shared with Artem in the sense that she even smiles at him

Very strange, DS SCD lovers don't miss a thing :D

There's no body contact when not dancing. when they stand at the judges' desk or later in the Tesspit - he is standing with his hands behind his back and hers by her side. They hardly look at each other. Can't remember - in comparison how it was with Kara in the 2nd week last year..?
  • Options
    TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Let's hope this is just the Fail fantasising - can't imagine Kara not understanding the situation - what rubbish ..
  • Options
    labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are both being very distant on TV to convince everyone there is no attraction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you were having problems in your relationship, would you impart that knowledge to a newspaper that has the journalistic integrity of lint?
  • Options
    YadillohYadilloh Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    JulieD wrote: »
    I find Artem so creepy that I find it hard to watch him and Holly. Maybe she just doesn't feel comfortable with him touching her - her body language when they are standing with Brucie definitely says hands off.

Yet they held hands on the way up the stairs last night and last week after the scores Artem was carrying her in his arms back stage & they both looked really comfortable in a 'team, we're in this together' rather than a romantic sense off ITT & the dance floor! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    YadillohYadilloh Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I wish whatever the problem is that they sort it out quickly she could be fantastic but something is not right........I do think that the producers have made a mistake putting her with Artem, I doubt I was the only one watching that Tango last night thinking how great Kara would have been doing it...and thats because Artem is doing the same sort of routine that he would have done for Kara because they are similar in so many ways (except the quality of the dancing so far)

Then maybe Artem needs to choreograph for Holly -she's not Kara. Or maybe that's a limitation in his choreography, ultimately Artem has to be respsonible for choreographing to his partner's dance/performance strengths & showcasing them while downplaying her weaknesses while they work on them. Brendan does that brilliantly.

I'm really looking forward to a more romantic ballroom dance from Holly. All she's had so far have been full on sexy dances. I want to see her do a VW. I'm thinking she could be great and move her to the next level or it might prove to not to be her thing at all. She's had an odd run of dances so far, but as long as it's not the AT, Paso, jive or Samba we should get one next!
    :cool:
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member

I also think that because some are looking for signs of a romance .. they are missing the fabulous choreography and the 'not so bad' dancing Holly has done so far.

Seems about right and the VTs are also all about the cold Russian and antagonism in the team as rthats the only story they could dream up. . It was obviously not in Holly's interest to get someone who had won last year and was in a relationship with his last partner. He should have been given one of the hopeless cases and she should have had someone with her sense of humour.

There's something wider wrong with the show too when you have judges sharing the producers confusion about what its about. You have Lulu on 4 less than Holly for half the content, and disagrement on whether breaking the rules means more or less marks, Alex on 2 more for something much simpler and safer.Rory on 31 and Russell on 28 for presentation and/or entertainment. Holly ends up in no-mans land If the judges mark her (and Chelsee, Anita and Dan) on dancing and others on something else, and Artem keeps on giving her difficult dancing routines and not playing for votes
  • Options
    lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it could be a number of thing.

First of all it might be high expectations. Last year it was Atem's first year on SCD and he danced with Kara and they had so much chemistry. Now people look at him and associate him with Kara. Holly has some big shoes to fill, and probably gets compared with Kara constantly and obviously her relationship with Artem can't live up to that.

Secondly, reputation. Here's a professional dancer who, on his first year on SCD, got together with his dance partner. And now he's partnered with yet another hotty who is also a good dancer (thought not in par with Kara). Obviously people and tabloids are all waiting for the slightest sign that there's something going on between them. Artem understands the nature of dance partnership and that the closeness doesn't imply romantic relationship. So he probably isn't worried about it. But Holly doesn't know anything about dance partnerships and probably wonders whether letting go and getting close to him would result in something, considering his reputation from last year.

Thirdly, discomfort with his good looks! Seriously this can be a problem. It happened to me. I had a dance partner who was amazing looking and for the first month or so I couldn't look into his eyes. I don't know why, I guess I was afraid that I'd somehow reveal how attractive I found him. Holly did mention during Salsa week that she finds it difficult to look him in the eyes

He is not that good looking:confused:. His teeth are seriously distracting and next to Holly he looks a bit like a gnom (sorry Artem fans). Holly is great, and I wish they had partnered her with anyone else.

They don't have a chemistry IMO, it's nobody's fault, it's just what happened.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member

I agree with you. But it's not unreasonable for Kara to feel jealous. She doesn't understand the nature of dance partnerships and how close people can get to each other without it becoming romantic. Her only experience of a dance partnership was with Artem and that turned into romance. In fact last year she said that she always ends up going out with her co-stars. So her view of coworker relationship could make her jealous.

Anyway, I'm sure Holly and Artem have some physical attraction towards each other (would be naive of us to think otherwise, they are both very hot). They might feel uncomfortable or awkward to show any sign of interest in each other or have physical contact outside the dancing in case people or tabloids pick on that and blow it out of proportion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    He is not that good looking:confused:. His teeth are seriously distracting and next to Holly he looks a bit like a gnom (sorry Artem fans). Holly is great, and I wish they had partnered her with anyone else.

They don't have a chemistry IMO, it's nobody's fault, it's just what happened.

Really? I find him very attractive. Specially his eyes and his Russian attitude. I'd totally understand if Holly has problem making eye contact with him!
  • Options
    lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? I find him very attractive. Specially his eyes and his Russian attitude. I'd totally understand if Holly has problem making eye contact with him!

But just because you are attracted to him, doesn't mean that the rest of the world (including Holly) is;):D.

I think their problem is that she isn't attracted to him at all, and to be fair I don't think he is attracted to her.

I wish they had given her a different partner. He would have been better off with someone else as well.

With regards to jealousy. IMO a relationship is not very good if you have to be jealous!!
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with those who said she's not quite as 'into it' or into giving it her all, unlike Kara. Her tango felt half-hearted; there wasn't nearly enough force to her movements.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    I have never seen Chicago and barely know any of the music, so it was new to me and I enjoyed it and also enjoyed their performance

She had a recurring role on Lie to Me, starring Tim Roth on American TV, also shown here and was very good. She has more work offers over there.

Let us not forget that for different reasons, the judges were undermarking Artem and Kara at this point. She was clearly the best dancer on the nights and they were giving more marks to Pamela 61, Matt and occasionally others.
    They were constantly telling Kara "to let go" - so let's wait and see.

Not as far as I know, she didn't. She had a small recurring role in Prison Break but to my knowledge, she's never had a role in Lie to Me and I've seen every single episode of it twice. :confused:

I even checked IMDB to make sure.

I think the problem for me is that they were put together for the headlines, rather than becuase they were compatible. :confused:

She's very laid back, verging on lazy, lovely as she is. She doesn't strike me as someone partcularly au fait with hard work. ;) Artem is very intense and expects his celeb to work.

Holly might have been better with Robin and Artem might have been better with one of the older contestants - Anita or Lulu, so that he could show his more patient nurturing side.

ETA nothing to do with chemistry, but she's also too tall for Artem, even if they got on famously, they look awkward on the dance floor together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem knows his behaviour with regard to Holly will be minutely scrutinized, and is therefore somewhat self-conscious around her, which creates an unnatural atmosphere around him and her.