Options

Early Morning Dumbness

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
Forum Member
I spent most of the day convincing myself that I was loosing my sight. After clawing my eyeball for ten minutes tonight trying to get one of my lenses out I noticed it was already out and dried up and stuck to the bathroom wash basin. I'd only had one lens in all day, so not going blind after all. :p:o

Comments

• Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes, early morning rushing about, the wearing of a jumper inside out all day, only finding out when you take it off at night.
  • Options
    xxTinkerbellexxxxTinkerbellexx Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pmsl @ Op!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lol, I just remember my sisters friend wore odd shoes to work and they weren't in the slightest bit similar, one was a flat and the other had a heel.:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »
    I spent most of the day convincing myself that I was loosing my sight. After clawing my eyeball for ten minutes tonight trying to get one of my lenses out I noticed it was already out and dried up and stuck to the bathroom wash basin. I'd only had one lens in all day, so not going blind after all. :p:o

I've done this so many times!

It's worse when you have one lense inside out too. Uncomfortable, not to mention blurry vision :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Roxocube wrote: »
    I've done this so many times!

It's worse when you have one lense inside out too. Uncomfortable, not to mention blurry vision :(

that's what I thought had happened to be honest.I've been poking my eyes all day long at work trying to get the lens into a better position, only there wasn't any lens in. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »
    that's what I thought had happened to be honest.I've been poking my eyes all day long at work trying to get the lens into a better position, only there wasn't any lens in. :o

When I did that at work, my eye was so sore and red my boss went to fetch the trained first aider and made me sign an accident sheet. I've never lived it down :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Roxocube wrote: »
    When I did that at work, my eye was so sore and red my boss went to fetch the trained first aider and made me sign an accident sheet. I've never lived it down :D

lol, I had a serious case of red eye too but nobody seemed to question it.

I really thought I was loosing my sight, all the way home I was panicking and kept thinking of that film Dancer in the Dark and wondered how I could hold on to my job with no vision. :o:p
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once rushed around the house in a blind panic while getting ready for work, I was really late, then sat on a sofa in my coat with my bag on lap. After a few minutes I looked around and wondered what was I doing. I realised I somehow confused the sofa with a tube seat. I sheepishly left the house for tube station.

I never told anyone about that one. Can you blame me? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    I once rushed around the house in a blind panic while getting ready for work, I was really late, then sat on a sofa in my coat with my bag on lap. After a few minutes I looked around and wondered what was I doing. I realised I somehow confused the sofa with a tube seat. I sheepishly left the house for tube station.

I never told anyone about that one. Can you blame me? :o

Your secret is safe with us :D
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    On more than one occasion I have put the milk into the cupboard and tried stuffing the cereal box into the fridge:o
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    It's even more worrying when you realise that people who, 10 minutes ago, couldn't even put their shirt on without rebuttoning it at least 3 times to get all the holes and buttons lined up properly, are now hurtling past you in cars on the motorway!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a friend at work once came to work in her boots on a wet snowy day,but grabbed the wrong change of footwear and spent all day in her slippers.

She also brought the tv remote to work with her in mistaken grab for something in the morning-cant remember what it should of been,but it was before mobile phones :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early morning dumbness generally takes about fifteen minutes for me to overcome; I generally wake up feeling really groggy particularly on winter days.