• Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    I like Mike.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! So happy for him, great voice :)
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am gob smacked, I genuinely thought Joseph would be through. Well done to Mike I am pleased
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    Glad he got through
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be hearing something totally different from everyone else, I think he's absolutely woeful!
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Mike. Very happy for you:)
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i also like joseph ... but well done mike!! :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Didn't like the song choice much, but love Mike's voice.
  • Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    They need to give him something 'new country' to sing, like Lee Brice (I drive your truck) or Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton - they have similar voices.
  • Options
    Moll_FlandersMoll_Flanders Posts: 4,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evie-Grace wrote: »
    Didn't like the song choice much, but love Mike's voice.

I have to agree with you. A Paloma Faith song wasn't the best choice but I do like his voice.
  • Options
    SoggyFroggySoggyFroggy Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He definitely looks better now that he's grown his hair out and dressed smart. Very handsome, amazing what a stylist could do!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    Mike is my favourite by far I would love him to win :)
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SwanGirl wrote: »
    I must be hearing something totally different from everyone else, I think he's absolutely woeful!

They can all sing, silly to suggest otherwise. But his voice isn't to my personal taste either. He is cute though :o
  • Options
    ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was good tonight and glad he went through. I thought he made that song his own - I'd actually buy it!
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can all sing, silly to suggest otherwise. But his voice isn't to my personal taste either. He is cute though :o

And there lies the main reason why he got voted through. And in my opinion, he's not a great singer if that makes me silly well DILLIGAF?
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SwanGirl wrote: »
    And there lies the main reason why he got voted through. And in my opinion, he's not a great singer if that makes me silly well DILLIGAF?

I certainly didn't vote for him. You aren't silly at all not to like him, I just meant that they can all sing, whether you like their voice or not is a different matter.

I thought Joseph was way better. But I thought Mike would get the ladies vote!
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Joseph and Mike, but I prefer Mike voice it's beautiful so I'm glad he got through.
  • Options
    muzungumuzungu Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Now the only thing he needs to do is find a key and stick with it throughout a song.
  • Options
    cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never noticed Mike much before tonight - but I thought he gave the best performance. There was something really silky and smooth about his voice (and natural). Liked it.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mike's got great tone, and his style's unique on the show. Joseph's got a lovely voice, but Matt's bagged the soul ticket.
  • Options
    muzungumuzungu Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    cazzbar wrote: »
    I've never noticed Mike much before tonight - but I thought he gave the best performance. There was something really silky and smooth about his voice (and natural). Liked it.
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Mike's got great tone, and his style's unique on the show. Joseph's got a lovely voice, but Matt's bagged the soul ticket.

He may have great tone but he can't keep a tune, that's quite unforgivable in a singing contest imho.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muzungu wrote: »
    He may have great tone but he can't keep a tune, that's quite unforgivable in a singing contest imho.

Considering nobody's sticking to the tune of any song they sing, except perhaps Andrea, that seems a bit moot.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Mike - makes a change to have a country singer on a show like this.
  • Options
    TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the BBC would have many, if any modern country songs cleared (probably some Lady A and Dolly Parton shite) so he'll continue with modern UK pop songs and putting a country twist on them, so don't expect any Keith Urban or Garth!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cornchips wrote: »
    I like Mike - makes a change to have a country singer on a show like this.

I agree it's a welcome change to have a country singer on one of these shows but I'm afraid Mike only pulls it off about 50% on every performance he does; he's potentially got a nice tone but for me he's just not ready. Tonight surely no-one can deny that there were major 'pitch problems' throughout (i.e. he was out of tune..)