ET - Blu Ray

midlandsfirstmidlandsfirst Posts: 1,917
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can anyone confirm if the ET Blu Ray out now in the UK is the original 1982 movie or the 2002 digitally altered version minus guns etc.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The 30th Anniversary Blu-Ray edition restores the footage with guns.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083866/alternateversions?ref_=tt_ft
  • midlandsfirstmidlandsfirst Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SHANK0055 wrote: »

Cheers - but what about the other alterations - ie. Terrorist changed to Hippie. Extra CGI added etc.

I really want this on blu ray but only want the 1982 original. If its the 2002 version with the guns readded then im not interested and Ill stick with the DVD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Cheers - but what about the other alterations - ie. Terrorist changed to Hippie. Extra CGI added etc.

I really want this on blu ray but only want the 1982 original. If its the 2002 version with the guns readded then im not interested and Ill stick with the DVD.

It's definitely the original 1982 version. All of the additions/changes that Spielberg made for the 2002 version are absent. The Blu Ray doesn't even contain the 2002 version, only the 1982 original.
  • midlandsfirstmidlandsfirst Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    It's definitely the original 1982 version. All of the additions/changes that Spielberg made for the 2002 version are absent. The Blu Ray doesn't even contain the 2002 version, only the 1982 original.

Cheers - thats great then :)

Steve
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Blu Ray version of ET should be pretty good with lots of features.
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Definitely the original version.
    The 2002 version was awful, it was nice to see the 'bath' scene but I'd rather it was just as an extra and not edited into the movie - the CGI was awful throughout but it was particularly bad in that scene.