GTA Vice City 10th anniversary

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With GTA 5 coming, as well as Far Cry 3 and a few other games, it might be time for me to get another Xbox ..
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    The trailer has just been released, you can view it Here.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    I liked the golf cart bit and the mansion you get. Very Scarface.

Yeah and the last mission is very scarface too, it's like they wanted to put subtle hints in the game ;)
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    that trailer was amazing vice city has the best music from all GTAs

anyone know how much it is??
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rockstar said there will be a few minor improvements with this 10th anniversary edition, including sharper character models, improved physics, improved weapon targeting, and better lighting effects.

I doubt this will be radical (just tweaks), but it's good to know its not a 100% clone of the old 2002 version.

http://www.stuff.tv/news/apps-and-games/news-nugget/grand-theft-auto-vice-city-10th-anniversary-edition-to-hit-ios-and-a
    Forum Member
    The physics are NOT being changed, I don't know where you got that from but it would seriously hinder the stunt dynamics.

Improved Weapon Targetting in the same way it was for GTA3 Mobile, near enough the same but altered for quicker target switching and touch screen controls.

Lighting Effects are improved, using many of the Xbox Lighting effects which were added in the 2004 Xbox port.

Character Models will be using the cutscene ones all the time (main characters only), which are slightly more detail, especially on the face areas.

The 100% Clone of the 2002 version is coming to the PSN sometime later in December/January and will be priced at £7.99, ...yes I know, that sucks.

edit: @biggerbruv The US price will be $4.99, no price has been revealed yet for the EU stores but expect around the £3.99 area.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    The physics are NOT being changed, I don't know where you got that from but it would seriously hinder the stunt dynamics.

Improved Weapon Targetting in the same way it was for GTA3 Mobile, near enough the same but altered for quicker target switching and touch screen controls.

Lighting Effects are improved, using many of the Xbox Lighting effects which were added in the 2004 Xbox port.

Character Models will be using the cutscene ones all the time (main characters only), which are slightly more detail, especially on the face areas.

The 100% Clone of the 2002 version is coming to the PSN sometime later in December/January and will be priced at £7.99, ...yes I know, that sucks.

edit: @biggerbruv The US price will be $4.99, no price has been revealed yet for the EU stores but expect around the £3.99 area.

Thanks, I read the physics thing here, maybe it's innacurrate. I was perfectlly happy with the way they were originally

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/21/3675914/grand-theft-auto-vice-city-10th-anniversary-ios-android-price-release
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Hopefully this comes to PSN soon :)

Shame it couldnt of been a HD re-make though would of been a nice little tie over till GTA 5 :)
    Forum Member
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 10th Anniversary Edition is now available to purchase from iTunes, UK price has been set to £2.99, enjoy!
    Forum Member
    I cant see it on android store yet anyone know when it will be on there?
    Forum Member
    biggebruv wrote: »
    I cant see it on android store yet anyone know when it will be on there?

The Android Store updates later for this, but it should be there by 6am.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Likelihood of VC coming to XBLA anytime soon is......?
    Forum Member
    The Android Store updates later for this, but it should be there by 6am.

Aw was looking forward to a game tonight ah well
    Forum Member
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    Likelihood of VC coming to XBLA anytime soon is......?

Answer

The next* release of Vice City will be on the Playstation Network under the PS2 Classics banner (that means it's the original PS2 version folks), there have been no new submissions to Microsoft in recent months as the game was initially rejected due to the emulation errors way back.

*Of course there's also the issue with Steam, Rockstar Games are just waiting for that process to clear so the game can go back on sale.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloaded it on iOS, only managed 10 mins before I had to go to work, graphics look super sharp, you can definitely see the improved character models.
    Forum Member
    *Of course there's also the issue with Steam, Rockstar Games are just waiting for that process to clear so the game can go back on sale.

Resolved, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is now back up on Steam to. :)

Edit: Also yeah guys, there's been a problem with Google, they messed up putting up the game, causing a major error where it would download the wrong version for your phone, so you'd be downloading a broken version which caused the game to always crash, not a good thing, Google have pulled the game down and will be working on getting that fixed ASAP, it's on their side now.
    Forum Member
    Theres a problem with the android verison of the game and its been pulled from stores till its resolved o well guess maybe it will be out tomorrow

So us android peops will have to wait abit longer damnit!
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Resolved, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is now back up on Steam to. :)

Edit: Also yeah guys, there's been a problem with Google, they messed up putting up the game, causing a major error where it would download the wrong version for your phone, so you'd be downloading a broken version which caused the game to always crash, not a good thing, Google have pulled the game down and will be working on getting that fixed ASAP, it's on their side now.
    biggebruv wrote: »
    Theres a problem with the android verison of the game and its been pulled from stores till its resolved o well guess maybe it will be out tomorrow

So us android peops will have to wait abit longer damnit!

Typical. :rolleyes:

I hope they hurry it up because I've been waiting eagerly for this.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Does it have the Kill the Haitians line?
    Forum Member
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    Does it have the Kill the Haitians line?

No it does not, this is the heavy edit version with all Cuban and Haitian lines removed, which yeah, I have to admit, makes those cutscenes awkward as a lot of the speech has been put on silent and resorted to repeated lines.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite GTA game.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any news on the PSN version?
    Forum Member
    TH14 wrote: »
    Any news on the PSN version?

It's gotta be out soon, the Songs rights issue has been harsh, but it's only affected the Android and iOS version, the steam version of the game has now been cleared and was put back up last night in its original form so yeah, the process for the PS2 Classic Version should be well under way again, unless Sony Music want to make things further difficult, but I can't see that happening as they usually don't mix those divisions.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's gotta be out soon, the Songs rights issue has been harsh, but it's only affected the Android and iOS version, the steam version of the game has now been cleared and was put back up last night in its original form so yeah, the process for the PS2 Classic Version should be well under way again, unless Sony Music want to make things further difficult, but I can't see that happening as they usually don't mix those divisions.

Before Xmas? I'm dying to play it again but I need a proper gamepad to enjoy it
    Forum Member
    TH14 wrote: »
    Before Xmas? I'm dying to play it again but I need a proper gamepad to enjoy it

Sadly I doubt it, it would have been before Xmas before the Music Rights issue, and that's only just been resolved, so I'm not sure where it stands but i think the whole submission process has to start again, aiming for a January/February release, but on the plus side, if that does happen, san Andreas will be following shortly behind it.