XB1/ PS4 review scores

Comments

• Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reviews for Ghosts seems so varied. I'm really glad I haven't ordered any games yet, will wait for more review scores before picking.
  • sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems that most places are reporting the PS4 frame rate issue, and prefer the XBox One version.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713877

Neogaf are already ripping the reviewer a new one :p How dare he score the PS4 version lower.

Obviously morons, if the game has serious performance issues then what do they expect. Can you imagine if they gave it a 9? Then there would be uproar over a game that judders to a stop regularly. The same people would be crying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LMAO :D

Polygon have just knocked the Xbox One score down to 6.5!

Expecting the PS4 version to drop down to 6.0 now :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sithlord3k wrote: »
    LMAO :D

Polygon have just knocked the Xbox One score down to 6.5!

Expecting the PS4 version to drop down to 6.0 now :D

Really i just had a look and its still 7.0 :confused:
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »

Like Samantha brick is a 'stunner'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Really i just had a look and its still 7.0 :confused:

I think you're looking at the score history. After the update Xbox One review, the score shows 6.5.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay just watched a video comparsion on the ign youtube page

Which showed the game looking noticeably better during side by sides and it pretty clear which one was better when they showed screenshots from just one game

The PS4 of course looked the better of the two, but now for some reason the video has been removed :confused:
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I think we can sweep COD Ghosts under the carpet at this point as it doesn't get the best out of ANYTHING. From the issues reported, people should avoid the PS3, PS4, Wii U and PC versions as they all suffer from either insane downgrades or huge framerate problems.

The Xbox 360 seems to be the best version but is of course Sub-HD, whilst the Xbox One version only gets to 720p, which is what we were at at the start of the current gen! Does the game excel anywhere?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Okay just watched a video comparsion on the ign youtube page

Which showed the game looking noticeably better during side by sides and it pretty clear which one was better when they showed screenshots from just one game

The PS4 of course looked the better of the two, but now for some reason the video has been removed :confused:

It's still on the ign site. Interestingly, they mentioned that for higher fidelity, it's better to go for the PS4, but they didn't say the same regarding frame rate and the XBox One. Does that mean that they don't think the frame rate issue is that big of an...issue ?
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    At 2pm today (13th) IGN will be putting up a load of ps4 reviews
    So tune in for our full reviews for Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, Resogun, Contrast, Sound Shapes, Flower, and more.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    YEAH! I've been waiting on that review of Flower.

:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At 2pm today (13th) IGN will be putting up a load of ps4 reviews

GMT ?
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    lol.....:D
    If rumours are true, we could see a quite a few reviews at around 5pm, including BF4.

I'm not a big fan of basketball,but that game is defiantly worth a look at even if its just for eye candy.

Funnily enough, i do have a soft spot for baseball, so wouldn't mind a good game based on the sport.

Me and the Wife enjoy a game of baseball or golf on the PS3, MLB the Show 14 coming next spring on the PS3 and PS4, looks great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Killzone: 8/10

"...Since this is the first next-gen exclusive we're reviewing you're probably curious about the visuals.

For this purpose we've compared it side-by-side with some of the best looking games on the market including Battlefield 4, Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 on PC.

Only Crysis 3 beats Shadow Fall on technical merits on ultra. Crysis 3 wins out thanks to its higher resolution and better textures."

+ Gorgeous design, Brilliant graphics, Phenomal framerate, Excellent sound, Precise controls, Full of contrast.

- Some stupid levels, At times odd combat direction, Uneven difficulty.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/reviews/98944/Killzone%3A+Shadow+Fall/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knack: 6/10

"...Knack is a competent throwback to the golden age of the platform genre, but certainly not a giant leap forward."

+ Brutal difficulty
    + Some unique puzzles
    + Online trading mixes it up

- Unremarkable level design
    - Character growth isn't intricate
    - Difficulty may frustrate beginners

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...former-review/

ign 5.9/10

"...Knack's shifting size is a great idea that never really grows into anything substantial."

+Growth concept
    +A cute hero

– Too scripted
    – Repetitive fights
    – Uneven story and tone

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/knack-review
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knack sounds awful, why this is a launch day game is beyond me
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. Not the reviews Sony was hoping for, I imagine. It'll be interesting to see how the XBO exclusives compare - this round is theirs for the taking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knack getting hammered
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More Killzone:

ign: 8/10

"...Killzone: Shadow Fall is a worthy game to purchase alongside your PlayStation 4."

+Stunning graphics
    +Reworked gameplay
    +Fun multiplayer

– Occasionally poor enemy AI
    – Questionable non-shooter sections

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/killzone-shadow-fall-review

Eurogamer: 7/10

"... There's a lack of confidence here that contrasts starkly with Guerrilla's dazzling, sure-footed command of the new hardware. It's a game that any new PlayStation 4 owner will be proud to show off - but it won't be one they remember by the time PS5 rolls around."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-killzone-shadow-fall-review
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeoGAF meltdown is imminent.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    sithlord3k wrote: »
    So Flower isn't a launch title ?
    It is, But its not one of the 2 free PS+ titles which is why I put Resogun/Contrast together at the top.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is, But its not one of the 2 free PS+ titles which is why I put Resogun/Contrast together at the top.

Oh ok, thanks.