Please sign this

CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm not normally one for petitions but the cruelty and horror these poor dogs go through is unimaginable. It beggars belief that such a thing can still be going on in this way and age amongst supposedly civilised beings. Civilised my arse>:(. Please sign this and help get this disgusting barbaric act stopped:

https://www.change.org/p/the-chinese-government-outlaw-the-yulin-dog-meat-festival-in-china

Comments

• RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've signed it. I don't care if it's in a different country, different sovereignty etc etc, it's still bloody barbaric, as you said.

(I don't agree with throwing lobsters into boiling water either, but that's off topic.)
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duly signed...
  • lyndeeloolyndeeloo Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have signed many over the years and nothing seems to come of them. I will still keep signing.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already signed and distributed but thanks for posting it for people who haven't already been active against this atrocity.

You might find this interesting:

http://www.hsi.org/news/press_releases/2016/05/yulin-congressional-resolution-052516.html
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the Chinese will take notice of your petition !!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The petition is not the point, it's only the tip of the iceberg, but the Chinese WILL take notice of economic sanctions against them. They will take notice of pressure from the United States, the UK, etc. What do YOU suggest, radioanorak, that we sit back and do nothing? >:(
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure they would take plenty of notice if we (and other countries) stopped trading with them and flogging their cheap shoddily made tat in our shops because of their revolting inhuman practices>:(.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They seem to be quite happy to allow elephants and rhinos to be killed to feed their country's demand for quack medicines and don't seem too concerned about the mass slaughter of whales and dolphins. I doubt if complaints about the plight of dogs would even register with them.
  • lyndeeloolyndeeloo Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure they would take plenty of notice if we (and other countries) stopped trading with them and flogging their cheap shoddily made tat in our shops because of their revolting inhuman practices>:(.

Best make a petition calling for the government to stop trading with them then. Good luck with that one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    They seem to be quite happy to allow elephants and rhinos to be killed to feed their country's demand for quack medicines and don't seem too concerned about the mass slaughter of whales and dolphins. I doubt if complaints about the plight of dogs would even register with them.

But it is registering with them - at least with some of them. Recently thousands of Chinese people protested against it at a government-sponsored event.

How can sitting back and doing nothing be better than speaking out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lyndeeloo wrote: »
    Best make a petition calling for the government to stop trading with them then. Good luck with that one.

Perhaps you missed the link I posted above so here it is again:

http://www.hsi.org/news/press_releas...on-052516.html

Just an example of what's being done. Thank you for signing the petition, in spite of your doubts. :)
  • riversmumriversmum Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It can't do any harm and if sharing and signing petitions about such horrific things like this raises awareness it has to be good. I had already signed it.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although eating dog isn't something I can condemned as a "thing" I think any animal that humans interact with for any reason should be treated decently. And that certainly isn't the case here. The whole area of animal welfare in China leaves a lot to be desireddesired.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    Although eating dog isn't something I can condemned as a "thing" I think any animal that humans interact with for any reason should be treated decently. And that certainly isn't the case here. The whole area of animal welfare in China leaves a lot to be desireddesired.

Yes, I'm not one of the people who says you're not entitled to an opinion unless you're a vegetarian. Some of my best friends are eaters of meat and they expect the animals they consume to be slaughtered in as humane a way as possible. I'm a vegetarian myself and my personal belief is that we shouldn't be eating any animals BUT the fact is it's a personal decision. My main objection to the dog meat trade is the barbaric conditions and slaughter practices involved. No animals should be subjected to that cruelty.
  • riversmumriversmum Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In case you haven't seen it over 100,000 Chinese citizens opposed to the dog meat trade attended an event to protest against it.

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/chinese-citizens-rally-together-to-protest-the-dog-meat-trade/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭