Options

People Who Go To Watch TV Shows

2»

Comments

• Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,893
    Forum Member
    Wanting to see the stars/people your a fan of in the flesh is my reason and the general experience too.

I always wanted to see a ful episode of Only Fools and Horses being filmed. Didn't quite get to see a full episode being filmed but one part of an Xmas Special and it was one of the ones way past their best too but I'm still glad I went on the whole.

Been to others too, got to meet Jerry Springer in the flesh and told him how much I enjoyed him in Austin Powers.....
  • Options
    annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been to the filming of several tv shows, I have seen the filming of the Apprentice spinoff show 3 times so far (and going for the 4th time today!)

There is usually a really good atmosphere at the filmings, watching the episode of the Apprentice is more fun than it is at home as the entire room is laughing together at the ridiculous things the candidates say and do. Dara is a fun host, and the panelists are often entertaining to watch interact with one another. It is good to see all the things that are cut from the show.

Not all the shows are so popular that you have to spend all day queuing, the ones I have been to I have spent just over an hour queuing. I don't think I would ever go to X Factor or BGT, I heard the queuing for those shows is ridiculous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Can I ask why? It seems to me one of the most unfulfilling activities you could ever wish to do. Stand around for ages outside, wait around for ages inside, clap on demand when a bloke holds up a card. Especially recorded shows like Countdown etc why ?

Does depends on the show, I have been to many recordings, pointless, the Chase, room 101, have I got news for you, QI, the cube, not going out, all star Mr & Mrs etc to name a few, preferred QI and have I got news for you as they are recorded all in one go without stopping, yes it's a long queue to see a show sometimes, but the reward is about 2-3 hours of free entertainment, including mistakes or banter not seen on TV etc. well only on the blooper shows perhaps.

I saw a couple of Sky's ''Don't sit in the front row'' recorded back along, they were very very funny, but Sky butchered them to a half hour slot with adverts when they put them out, they just lost the flow of what we saw when in the studid live, it should have been edited to a hour, would have been much better entertainment value on screen.

So far only at a Paul O'Grady live show I remember being prompted to clap and cheer more, but do remember during the commercial breaks Paul let his feelings known when things didn't go quite right, he kept subdued when live though, well almost :D so you do get to see more going to a recording, live or otherwise.

For me I much rather go to free radio recordings, no continuity to worry about if the set breaks, so they record the whole show in one go and do any retakes at the end, but those can be just as funny too, plus lots of adlibs sometimes, at a Stephen K Amos radio show recording last year, it was like a stand-up show with lots of jokes, observations and adlibs etc all around what he actually scripted to record, over an hour & a half entertainment for half hour radio show and to be honest most of that couldn't be broadcast anyway.

I was at a radio recording last Friday evening, ''I've never seen star wars' with Marcus Brigstocke, which was a very funny episode! going to another tomorrow night too :)