Forum Member
✭✭
What a movie !

Comments

• Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this when it first came out, still have no idea what happened in the end. I did like the opening credits though.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    I havent seen this before, so am currently watching. It seems to have one of those ubiquitous DVD covers that i would see everywhere.

For the record, im enjoying.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    I havent seen this before, so am currently watching. It seems to have one of those ubiquitous DVD covers that i would see everywhere.

For the record, im enjoying.

Me too. One of those movies where you blink and miss types..

Jodie Foster's legs are divine! ;-)
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still not entirely sure of what happened in the ending either. Turning Clive Owen into a Robin Hood type character was a bad move and I don't have a clue about the Jodie Foster character.

The convoluted plot probably explains its high rating on imdb (7.7) but I'd only give it a 5 at best.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Spike Lee movies but this is the one exception.

There's just one scene I don't like and that's the closeup on Denzel Washington who appears to be coming down the road on a Segway.

I'm not quite sure what Spike Lee was trying to do here but imo it didn't work.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I don't like Spike Lee movies but this is the one exception.

There's just one scene I don't like and that's the closeup on Denzel Washington who appears to be coming down the road on a Segway.

I'm not quite sure what Spike Lee was trying to do here but imo it didn't work.

The first time me and my (then) partner watched this film and we saw that scene we burst out laughing. Oh my goodness, we must have rewound it about 10 times, the image of Denzel with his super serious face trundling down the road seemingly floating had us in stitches.:D

Highlight of the film for sure.

I agree with the others , it wasn't really clear what happened in the end. It was an ok action film imo.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was crying out for a Jodie Foster sex scene tbh.