SNP watch

Comments

• duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jos wrote: »
    They should never have reduced the minimum age to become an MP.

Why not?
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you're resorting to whataboutery rather than defending her?

Think about it carefully, is she really the sort of person you all want to lead an independent Scotland in the future?

Well our current leaders are overprivilidged idiots who were members of a club who allegedly trashed restaurants and used Mummy and Daddy's money to avoid charges. Pillars of community.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather sad that people go out of their way to grudge a young 20 year old her impressive achievement rather than respectfully applaud her and wish her well.

She's a 20 year old who is now being paid £74,000 plus substantial expenses a year for a high stress management job.

It is not unreasonable to have doubts about that, but I hope she succeeds.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    She's a 20 year old who is now being paid £74,000 plus substantial expenses a year for a high stress management job.

Is she taking the full salary? At least three of them are only taking 27k.
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Well our current leaders are overprivilidged idiots who were members of a club who allegedly trashed restaurants and used Mummy and Daddy's money to avoid charges. Pillars of community.

Indefensible behaviour, but the difference is that it wasn't linked to politics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indefensible behaviour, but the difference is that it wasn't linked to politics.

No difference. Being an arsehole is being an arsehole. Cameron was studying Politics and economics and then immediately worked for the Tory party on graduation.
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »

Think of all the Smirnoff Ice she can buy wi that :-D :-D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmer bob wrote: »
    Think of all the Smirnoff Ice she can buy wi that :-D :-D

At London prices about two.
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Senior SNP source at Westminster threatens unilateral indy ref 2 which they believe they would win between 50-60% of the vote - FM office has shot this down.

Just a pure coincidence that Mr Salmond MP MSP had met with journalists from the papers reporting the story.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

Right. So that makes it better does it? Really? Talk about two faced. You are monstering her for what she said but are happy to excuse drunks trashing restaurants. Clearly you have a rather sad agenda.
    Forum Member
    Daewos wrote: »
    Right. So that makes it better does it? Really? Talk about two faced. You are monstering her for what she said but are happy to excuse drunks trashing restaurants. Clearly you have a rather sad agenda.

I'm not excusing anything, so you're only exposing your own agenda there.

Having been made a parliamentary candidate by the SNP, Ms Black addressed a partisan, pro-independence rally to speak about how she longed to 'put the nut' on her political opponents after her side lost the referendum. This was greeted with cheers and laughter by the crowd, can you really not see why that sort of behaviour is so dangerous?
  • BrawladBrawlad Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    I'm not excusing anything, so you're only exposing your own agenda there.

Having been made a parliamentary candidate by the SNP, Ms Black addressed a partisan, pro-independence rally to speak about how she longed to 'put the nut' on her political opponents after her side lost the referendum. This was greeted with cheers and laughter by the crowd, can you really not see why that sort of behaviour is so dangerous?

Why do I get the impression that the problem here is that she is a young woman?
    Forum Member
    Brawlad wrote: »
    Why do I get the impression that the problem here is that she is a young woman?

You tell me?
    Forum Member
    You tell me?

From the tone and tenor of you posts perhaps
    Forum Member
    From the tone and tenor of you posts perhaps

I think it's because you know I'm right, but you also know that the party can never be wrong, and the conflict is making your head hurt.
    Forum Member
    I think it's because you know I'm right, but you also know that the party can never be wrong, and the conflict is making your head hurt.

Nope, you come across as a tad mysogynistic . Ps I am not a member of the SNP
    Forum Member

I'm criticising her because she used violent political rhetoric and therefore I'm clearly misogynistic, how does that work?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have expressed my reservations about her before on here. Doesn't mean I am not willing to give her a chance.
    Forum Member
    I'm criticising her because she used violent political rhetoric and therefore I'm clearly misogynistic, how does that work?

Because she is not the only politician to have used language like that and you keep going on about her sex and her age. .
    I think you have a problem with young women in positions of authority, just my opinion but your posts do seem to back up that supposition.
    Forum Member
    Because she is not the only politician to have used language like that and you keep going on about her sex and her age. .
    I think you have a problem with young women in positions of authority, just my opinion but your posts do seem to back up that supposition.

Ok, give an example or withdraw your accusation.
  • AbewestAbewest Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When did it become misogynistic to call someone a Ned? It's not a gender thing. A Ned's a Ned. Extols the virtues of blue wicked, has a go at one side of the old firm, talks about having to restrain themselves from nutting someone, etc.

If that's not being a bit of Ned, tell me what is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, give an example or withdraw your accusation.

Jim Murphy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abewest wrote: »
    When did it become misogynistic to call someone a Ned? It's not a gender thing. A Ned's a Ned. Extols the virtues of blue wicked, has a go at one side of the old firm, talks about having to restrain themselves from nutting someone, etc.

If that's not being a bit of Ned, tell me what is.

She's apparently a Thistle fan, something to do with broken seats at Firhill.
  • Black SheepBlack Sheep Posts: 15,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean like calling independence supporter traitors and insurgents?

Which politicians said this? Do you have a link to this?
  • Black SheepBlack Sheep Posts: 15,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you're resorting to whataboutery rather than defending her?

Think about it carefully, is she really the sort of person you all want to lead an independent Scotland in the future?

I will defend her.

Let's wait and so how she performs and what she actually does before condemning her just because she happens to be 20.

There are very many terrible politicians and we should give her the chance.

Now that said, I have no doubt that she would not have been selected by any other party and that the SNP are taking a risk with her, possibly for PR purposes along the lines of any publicity is good.

Give the girl a chance to see what she will do in her new job.
This discussion has been closed.