Alan Carr: Chatty Man - Fridays Ch4 10pm Series 12 thread

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
On tonight are Ricky Gervais, Kermit the Frog, Constantine, Jessica Hynes and Gary Barlow

Comments

• lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muppets such old hat.
    Must pay well to appear with them
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The muppets, especially Kermit never fail to make me smile and I am 34!
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ffw'd to the Ricky Gervais and muppets segment. It was good for a laugh. :)
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Gary Barlow, I find him such a bore, however I thought he was not a bad guest.

I found his story about Steps not wanting to work with him because a newspaper refused to put them in it if he did interesting. It kind of makes sense as to why he's so desperate to be everywhere now.
  • sominsomin Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this show can be very forced when there's no rapport between Alan and the guest. It's quite hit and miss. And the drinks cabinet gimmick is just awkward.
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    somin wrote: »
    I think this show can be very forced when there's no rapport between Alan and the guest. It's quite hit and miss. And the drinks cabinet gimmick is just awkward.

Yeah don't like the drinks thing. Its this horrid culture we have developed of having to get pissed to talk and "have fun". Not needed really.

Have a drink down if the guest wants like other shows, but the forced nature is a bit meh.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,548
    Forum Member
    I ffw'd to the Ricky Gervais and muppets segment. It was good for a laugh. :)

Ditto. Cannot stand 'Give me a Knighthood' Barlow.

I really like Ricky Gervais, I did not realize what a great animal lover he is. He puts vids of his cat on FB and it seems to hate him :D

Loved Kermie and the Russian (who's name I have forgot :o)
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    I can't stand Gary Barlow, I find him such a bore, however I thought he was not a bad guest.

I found his story about Steps not wanting to work with him because a newspaper refused to put them in it if he did interesting. It kind of makes sense as to why he's so desperate to be everywhere now.

I don't think he is desperate. He just knows how easy it is to become Mr Unpopular and lose everything. He has been there before, he probably doesn't want to go back there - he had to build it up all again so he appreciates it all more now.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

I really like Ricky Gervais, I did not realize what a great animal lover he is. He puts vids of his cat on FB and it seems to hate him :D

Constantine?:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »

"Give me a Knighthood" Barlow lol.

LOLL'ed at that.

Sounds about right for Barlow.
  • steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest episode was good. I loved Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann & Kate Upton. They were brilliant after a few tequilas! I came of that interview thinking you'd have a bloody epic night out with Diaz & Mann especially, they seem up for a laugh :D

I thought Alan Carr was a bit OTT with some of those pervy comments though. They seemed to go along with it fine though.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'll probably give it a watch tonight.

It seems like a better guest list than last week. Walliams and Holden on the same show :eek:
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I'll probably give it a watch tonight.

It seems like a better guest list than last week. Walliams and Holden on the same show :eek:

It's on Friday night not tonight.
    Forum Member
    It's on Friday night not tonight.
    It's actually on my Sky Planner ;)
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It's actually on my Sky Planner ;)

Oh :D I thought you were talking about the next show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird episode. Weird watching Diaz & co. downing shots of water pretending it was tequila and then engaging in the slowest unwrapping of Kinder Eggs I've ever witnessed in a determined attempt to avoid ingesting a single calorie. I used to like Diaz, but on Graham Norton and then this I've got a decidedly sour and egotistical vibe at odds with the ditsy hippy persona she normally sports. It was an altogether awkward interview.

And I'm not at all anti-alcohol, but I the way this show glamourises binge-drinking, making it a central, yet entirely uninteresting feature of the show (especially when the drinks are presumably dummies in the first place), leaves a bad taste. There's something oddly dispiriting about this kind of display.
  • Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lombard wrote: »
    Weird episode. Weird watching Diaz & co. downing shots of water pretending it was tequila and then engaging in the slowest unwrapping of Kinder Eggs I've ever witnessed in a determined attempt to avoid ingesting a single calorie. I used to like Diaz, but on Graham Norton and then this I've got a decidedly sour and egotistical vibe at odds with the ditsy hippy persona she normally sports. It was an altogether awkward interview.

And I'm not at all anti-alcohol, but I the way this show glamourises binge-drinking, making it a central, yet entirely uninteresting feature of the show (especially when the drinks are presumably dummies in the first place), leaves a bad taste. There's something oddly dispiriting about this kind of display.

Trust me, having been in the audience when Mel and Sue were guests last year, I can guarantee you that the drinks are 100% real. Mel had to be helped off set by Sue when the recording stopped for the break.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trust me, having been in the audience when Mel and Sue were guests last year, I can guarantee you that the drinks are 100% real. Mel had to be helped off set by Sue when the recording stopped for the break.

Well, I accept that some may be. Paul Hollywood had a tin of something that seemed real. I'm convinced that the tequila was fake though, and if so I wish they (producers or guests) could just be comfortable with (them) saying "no thanks, I don't drink" or "I'm watching my figure".
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The latest episode was good. I loved Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann & Kate Upton. They were brilliant after a few tequilas! I came of that interview thinking you'd have a bloody epic night out with Diaz & Mann especially, they seem up for a laugh :D

I thought Alan Carr was a bit OTT with some of those pervy comments though. They seemed to go along with it fine though.

His last episode was good because of Cameron, Leslie and Kate. If the whole hour had been them it would have been one of the best episodes ever of Alan Carr! Lol.

His interview last week with them was one of the best he's done and also one of the most funniest. I love it when he just shoots the shit and has genuine banter with his guests and they totally get him which they did. Some US guests he's had on do just think he's some kind of weirdo lol in fact tonight will be a good example of that because he has the car wreck that is Lindsay Lohan on!

I really hope he mentions her alleged list of lovers and takes the right piss! :D
    Forum Member
    I didn't think much of the three girls.

I don't think Diaz is as funny as she thinks and not particularly attractive. She does have nice legs for her age - no wonder she likes showing them off.

Upton hardly got a word in with the others nattering away.

I did learn something though - I thought Upton was a British lads mag model.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    I always look to see who these chat shows have on and never bother watching cos i either dont know them or i've seen them loads of times. Used to be a time when you watched a chat show and they had great guests.
  • sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    His last episode was good because of Cameron, Leslie and Kate. If the whole hour had been them it would have been one of the best episodes ever of Alan Carr! Lol.

His interview last week with them was one of the best he's done and also one of the most funniest. I love it when he just shoots the shit and has genuine banter with his guests and they totally get him which they did. Some US guests he's had on do just think he's some kind of weirdo lol in fact tonight will be a good example of that because he has the car wreck that is Lindsay Lohan on!

I really hope he mentions her alleged list of lovers and takes the right piss! :D

BIB:
    She was a real hot mess! She looked years older than the average elderly pensioner. And Alan delivered on the subject of Lilo’s sex list. She seemed uptight about it, though! Hilarious given that she wrote the ruddy list.....and left it where it could be found. And she apparently said that she was told to write the list of sex partners when she was in rehab. I found it strange that she couldn’t remember when she last had a drink, and that is something that all recovering alcoholics remember.....so I would guess that she hasn’t stopped drinking and using. Her face certainly had a ‘coke-bloat’.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB:
    She was a real hot mess! She looked years older than the average elderly pensioner. And Alan delivered on the subject of Lilo’s sex list. She seemed uptight about it, though! Hilarious given that she wrote the ruddy list.....and left it where it could be found. And she apparently said that she was told to write the list of sex partners when she was in rehab. I found it strange that she couldn’t remember when she last had a drink, and that is something that all recovering alcoholics remember.....so I would guess that she hasn’t stopped drinking and using. Her face certainly had a ‘coke-bloat’.

Absolutely! Did you see her face? She's got the exact same face that Tulisa has now after she got work done on it. Not a good look esp. Lindsay's trout pout lips. She looked awful and not at all healthy. I also don't believe for one second that she's been completely sober after leaving rehab. She said she couldn't remember when she last had a drink....even the way she replied to the question. She was lying.

When Alan asked about her list of lovers she put a proper stop to it lol shame. The pole dancing at the end was ridiculous. I still can't believe someone's given her an acting job! :D

Martin Freeman was a good guest, seems like a nice guy and very humble. He is brilliant in Fargo.
  • sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Absolutely! Did you see her face? She's got the exact same face that Tulisa has now after she got work done on it. Not a good look esp. Lindsay's trout pout lips. She looked awful and not at all healthy. I also don't believe for one second that she's been completely sober after leaving rehab. She said she couldn't remember when she last had a drink....even the way she replied to the question. She was lying.

When Alan asked about her list of lovers she put a proper stop to it lol shame. The pole dancing at the end was ridiculous. I still can't believe someone's given her an acting job! :D

Martin Freeman was a good guest, seems like a nice guy and very humble. He is brilliant in Fargo.

Mornin’, Supes, I toddled off to bed just after posting my comment. High 5 at ya!
    I haven’t seen Tulisa since the drugs headlines etc. And I do remember how Lilo answered about her *cough* sobriety.....and thinking she was lying. But Alan cut her a huge piece of slack when he said that it’s so long since she drank alcohol she couldn’t remember. I thought.....nahhhh, she is still drinking and using. She’s in denial. Her lips looked like two caterpillars going for walkies. And she looked filthy, she’s written all sorts of crap on her arms.....and the saddest thing is that if she went to live as far away from Hollywood and concentrated on herself and her recovery she would possibly come back to some semblance of normality. Poor girl.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan was back on form this week . This series has been a roller Coaster so far , good one week , bad the next . I guess it's down the guests mainly .