Options

Breaking Bad - From The Beginning

Comments

• Options
    livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm upto season 2 episode 10 and I'm finding it almost as addictive as (what I presume... I've never done it) the goods they're manufacturing is. I've spoilt a few bits for myself so I'm going to try and binge watch so that I can avoid ruining the end of season 5 for myself.
  • Options
    Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up to series 2 episode 6. I hate myself for reading some spoilers as
    im going to find it hard to get invested in characters like Jane who I know Walt offs (in a way

From now on no more spoilers for me.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the first 3 episodes of Season 2 last night - great stuff. The scenes with Tuco were terrific. I was almost willing him to try the ricin-laced drugs :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hooked. Will steal a copy if necessary!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the first 3 episodes of Season 2 last night - great stuff. The scenes with Tuco were terrific. I was almost willing him to try the ricin-laced drugs :)

I'm rewatching from the beginning to kill time inbetween new episodes. Just watched this one. It's incredibly tense stuff (even when you know what happens).

Also become obsessed with looking for all the playing with colour they do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm onto series 3, just finished watching 'Fly'. Very different from previous episodes but amazing nonetheless. I'm motoring through these but back at work tomorrow night so don't know if I'll get caught up before the finale.
  • Options
    Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first two episodes of season 5B and decided I'd forgotten so much I'd go back to the very beginning.

What a treat it has been :)

Once it's all over I'm going to stick the entire show, including subtitles, onto a memory stick and give it to myself as a Christmas present :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Th end of Half Measures...WTF? (I think I may have said it out loud too). Best show I've watched for eons.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm up to the end of Season 3 at the moment. This show just continues to astound and impress me immeasurably. There's only been a couple of dodgy episodes from memory - but apart from that, it's been a fantastic watch all the way through!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've fallen way behind with my plan to watch one a day at least. Had a new sky box installed so had to catch up on a lot of stuff i'd recorded, but that's done now so the way is completely clear to get really stuck in.

and i think i'll need to as I suspect we'll have more than one FM who'll "helpfully" start a thread called something like "OMG! WHY DID WALTER DIE ?!?!?!?" or something like that ..

I mean, we're getting close with the new thread today ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched about 7 episodes of Season 2 on the trot :)

I've also 'met' Saul .. I like Saul .. heh ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished Season 2. I was quite intruiged by the teaser for something happening in the swimming pool, so I suppose in a weird way the plane crash was a 'bit' of a letdown, but still, it was very well done.

Made a start with Episode 1 of Season 3 as well and it's still just as good. I find Skyler intensely irritating though !
  • Options
    PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    I watched season 1 at the weekend and I have to admit I am finding it slow

A friend recommended it to me and she said she found it slow to start with but to stick with it.....

Im just not sure

I like it but I dont love it and it hasnt grabbed me right from the beginning

Im in two minds as to whether to stick with it and move on to season 2......

Had this EXACT convo in the office this morning. I am over halfway through Season 1 and am not quite getting "it" as of yet. I see what you are saying as to stick with it through Season2 then you've watched nearly half of it and might as well carry on YET like me, do you want to invest the time in it?
    It helps I fancy the character of Jesse Pinkman which gets me through :D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had this EXACT convo in the office this morning. I am over halfway through Season 1 and am not quite getting "it" as of yet. I see what you are saying as to stick with it through Season2 then you've watched nearly half of it and might as well carry on YET like me, do you want to invest the time in it?
    It helps I fancy the character of Jesse Pinkman which gets me through :D:o

It took me two tries to finally get through Season 1, albeit years apart. As I said back up the thread, it helps that I know the broad strokes of what happens to Walt and Jesse so I do want to watch to see how they get there.

I think the characters are deliberately built slowly so you can really become attached them.

But then I do also think if you truly feel a show isn't doing it for you then you're generally right.
  • Options
    FriendlyGoatFriendlyGoat Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB gets almost universal praise from people who have seen every episode so far, so definitely stick with it.

It's not like Mad Men, which half the people like and the other half can't be bothered with. Almost everyone is enthralled by Breaking Bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Episode 2 of Season 3 with Tuco's cousins sitting outside the bathroom in Walt's bedroom :eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched last episode of Season 4. Just gets better and better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished episode 3 of S3 and Skyler is an absolute bitch!!

On to Ep 4 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my GOD I've just watched Episode 12 of Season 3 ! :eek::eek:

*faints from tension overload*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't own a Blu-ray player yet, but I might snag one after BrBA concludes...

For the newbies finding their way through, from somebody who watched from the pilot; Season 2 really "MAKES" the show.

Don't force yourself to watch anything that you don't enjoy; but I really enjoyed how the first season dealt with continuity, and then was happily rewarded with a great second season.

*It was probably already mentioned, but season one coincided with the writers' strike in L.A., hence the abbreviated season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, all done with Season 3 - excellent stuff. The tension level over the past two episodes was unreal. Watched Episode 1 of Season 4 as well, so i'm well on track to catch up before the end of the month.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    You're in for a hell of a treat with S5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    You're in for a hell of a treat with S5.

Looking forward to it. With the way Season 4 is shaping up, I get the feeling we're close to Walt's "ascent to the throne", if you will.

(And that's not an invitation for spoilers to anyone reading this :D)
  • Options
    madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished series 4 last night and WOW! What can I say about this show that hasn't already been said.I find it so addictive and will probably be in bits by the time I've watched the last series. Nothing else compares imo.Quality TV!
  • Options
    Scarlett FeverScarlett Fever Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    madj40 wrote: »
    Just finished series 4 last night and WOW! What can I say about this show that hasn't already been said.I find it so addictive and will probably be in bits by the time I've watched the last series. Nothing else compares imo.Quality TV!

We finished S4 last night... and yeah WOW1!!!