Options

EastEnders 15/11/12- Viva Chryed

Comments

• Options
    LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0- number of acting skills David Witts possesses
    He is NOT her father, just like Yasmin's new husband will not be. If my husband and I split and I remarried my kids would not call the other guy dad. Same goes for any woman he married would not be the mother. How disrespectful and confusing. If Syed was dead and Amira was not married you might have a point. But she has a father. A deadbeat one admittngly but he is still the father. No father for example would ask you to choose between them and a baby but then again Christian would not understand that not being a parent and all ;)
    Yes it was believable that Bobby would think of Jane as his mum as she and Ian were raising him together with his real mum dead.

But with Yasmin, Amira and Syed are both alive and still in her life. Their partners will only ever be step-parents. It is more common to refer to step-parents by their first name in these sort of situations.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    9- White van men after Mo, men in white coats after Jean
    Valene1 wrote: »
    I hope a lot more than that :D

He will turn up on Casualty ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So no JT theme then.

This episode was a whole sorry mess. Watching Flim, last night made me think of how Chyred, in it's own unique way is the EastEnd version of Twilight. Just as the Twilight films will be nonsense to many of those outside of it's screaming teenage girl fan base, this exit will please Chyred fans, and not anyone else more than likely. In both circumstances, the Romeo is really some warped immoral male lead; and like Bella Swan, Syed is a whiny, pathetic loser who for some inexplicable reason is treated like as coveted prize. And like both Bella and Edward their relationship is almost self-destructive. We've come full circle in Syed's range of deception; first it was his family, then Amira, then his family again, and then Christian.

You could smell the stilton from here. Syed put on the puppy dog eyes as he dared try to swipe over his own errors. For all of Syed's apparent trying, I've seen him be more self-righteous and on the instantaneous verge of demanding automatic forgiveness then I have seen him genuinely try. He couldn't even tell Christian he loved him; using his daughter as a pawn, and used Lucy Beale as some inbetweener in their relationship troubles. Syed is the ultimate the coward; because he is always looking for the quickest route out of any problem no matter how dodgy, or immoral it may be. It was demonstrated in his attitude to Christian today, and it was demonstrated in his recent financial troubles.

Rather than be open about his issues, Syed tried to paper over the cracks; thus allowing him to keep the glory adorned on him by his mother. Christian was doing well giving him some home-truths. But this was completely out of sync with what followed. It is simply inconvincible to me, that for all of Syed's betrayal and real lack of commitment to Christian all Syed has to do is recite his vows, and it's all fine and dandy. Only moments ago Christian was saying (and quite rightly) that those same vows were based on a lie. So why be a walkover, Christian? Syed gave no promises, or commitments he'd be a better husband; just the fluff you'd expect to be in your average tumblr fanfiction.

Syed will screw Christian over, in some other land for past soap characters. Syed muttered he screws up everything good in his life in a self-pitying plea of giving some instinctive self-destruction as a rationale for his behaviour. In reality, Syed is just a plain old selfish glory hunter, and is more destructive to others than is to himself - for some, again rather inexplicable reason this man emerges from the wreckage he creates unscathed. It is like Tony Blair's first term; Syed is Teflon; especially as far as Zee is concerned. This woman asserted that she couldn't watch her son unhappy, when the truth is, she couldn't watch Syed unhappy. 'Son', perhaps indirectly implies it would also be the same for Tam and Kamil. Since Zee was simply oblivious to Tamwar's unhappiness in his marriage to Afia, it seems favouritism as arisen again.

I have no time for Lucy Beale or her role as an eighteen year old match-maker. She should be running the business she conned out of father especially since he's out of Walford now; rather than convince Christian to take on the burden of Syed. I also can't be dealing with Zee's apparent acceptance as a favouritism-style-mummy, interfering, hypocritical snob who shows no respect for anyone other than Syed. Please. That was cheesier than a packet of wosits.

And to Lola. I'm sorry; I don't like her and tonight proved why. We have been told she'd come on leaps and bounds - yet rather than motherhood be her priority, she's thinking about Jay being her baby daddy; and has no hesitations in stealing him from Abi. Such a friend she is. Yep; loyalty right there. Apparently the barometer of a relationship is shagging. According to Lola. I wonder, in sixteen years’ time will Lola be egging Lexi on to shag any of the fit blokes? After all, looking at Lexi's innocence has done nothing to really change her attitudes now. Billy was actually quite good today - and I thought he was great with Alexa. As usual, despite Lola's rubbish it was actually her which messed it up rather than Billy.

If it wasn't for Billy, her arse would still be in care. And I can't be dealing with Cora and her mini-meltdowns/breakdowns every five minutes. Sorry to sound heartless, but I don't care about her, her pain and whatever else she thinks she should cry about. Pfffft. Matriach my arse.

Edit: Christian needs to get over himself. Yasmin is not, and will never be his daughter. Yasmin is the daughter of Syed and Amira. That child's life is not in his hands to decide.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Lousiana wrote: »
    Yes it was believable that Bobby would think of Jane as his mum as she and Ian were raising him together with his real mum dead.

But with Yasmin, Amira and Syed are both alive and still in her life. Their partners will only ever be step-parents. It is more common to refer to step-parents by their first name in these sort of situations.

Exactly it would not even be Uncle even but Christian. Jane was different Laura died when Bobby was very young and Jane was his mother as he did not even remember his mother. Which is why Peter and Lucy called her Jane. Knowing Chryed track record I doubt Yasmin will remember him either when he splits from Syed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1- amount of people who like Derek/ A partridge in a Chyred tree
    All I can say is thank god, they're gone. Their exit was more cheesy than a raclette but at least the 'fangirling' storyline is over.
  • Options
    LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So no JT theme then.

This episode was a whole sorry mess. Watching Flim, last night made me think of how Chyred, in it's own unique way is the EastEnd version of Twilight. Just as the Twilight films will be nonsense to many of those outside of it's screaming teenage girl fan base, this exit will please Chyred fans, and not anyone else more than likely. In both circumstances, the Romeo is really some warped immoral male lead; and like Bella Swan, Syed is a whiny, pathetic loser who for some inexplicable reason is treated like as coveted prize. And like both Bella and Edward their relationship is almost self-destructive. We've come full circle in Syed's range of deception; first it was his family, then Amira, then his family again, and then Christian.

You could smell the stilton from here. Syed put on the puppy dog eyes as he dared try to swipe over his own errors. For all of Syed's apparent trying, I've seen him be more self-righteous and on the instantaneous verge of demanding automatic forgiveness then I have seen him genuinely try. He couldn't even tell Christian he loved him; using his daughter as a pawn, and used Lucy Beale as some inbetweener in their relationship troubles. Syed is the ultimate the coward; because he is always looking for the quickest route out of any problem no matter how dodgy, or immoral it may be. It was demonstrated in his attitude to Christian today, and it was demonstrated in his recent financial troubles.

Rather than be open about his issues, Syed tried to paper over the cracks; thus allowing him to keep the glory adorned on him by his mother. Christian was doing well giving him some home-truths. But this was completely out of sync with what followed. It is simply inconvincible to me, that for all of Syed's betrayal and real lack of commitment to Christian all Syed has to do is recite his vows, and it's all fine and dandy. Only moments ago Christian was saying (and quite rightly) that those same vows were based on a lie. So why be a walkover, Christian? Syed gave no promises, or commitments he'd be a better husband; just the fluff you'd expect to be in your average tumblr fanfiction.

Syed will screw Christian over, in some other land for past soap characters. Syed muttered he screws up everything good in his life in a self-pitying plea of giving some instinctive self-destruction as a rationale for his behaviour. In reality, Syed is just a plain old selfish glory hunter, and is more destructive to others than is to himself - for some, again rather inexplicable reason this man emerges from the wreckage he creates unscathed. It is like Tony Blair's first term; Syed is Teflon; especially as far as Zee is concerned. This woman asserted that she couldn't watch her son unhappy, when the truth is, she couldn't watch Syed unhappy. 'Son', perhaps indirectly implies it would also be the same for Tam and Kamil. Since Zee was simply oblivious to Tamwar's unhappiness in his marriage to Afia, it seems favouritism as arisen again.

I have no time for Lucy Beale or her role as an eighteen year old match-maker. She should be running the business she conned out of father especially since he's out of Walford now; rather than convince Christian to take on the burden of Syed. I also can't be dealing with Zee's apparent acceptance as a favouritism-style-mummy, interfering, hypocritical snob who shows no respect for anyone other than Syed. Please. That was cheesier than a packet of wosits.

And to Lola. I'm sorry; I don't like her and tonight proved why. We have been told she'd come on leaps and bounds - yet rather than motherhood be her priority, she's thinking about Jay being her baby daddy; and has no hesitations in stealing him from Abi. Such a friend she is. Yep; loyalty right there. Apparently the barometer of a relationship is shagging. According to Lola. I wonder, in sixteen years’ time will Lola be egging Lexi on to shag any of the fit blokes? After all, looking at Lexi's innocence has done nothing to really change her attitudes now. Billy was actually quite good today - and I thought he was great with Alexa. As usual, despite Lola's rubbish it was actually her which messed it up rather than Billy.

If it wasn't for Billy, her arse would still be in care. And I can't be dealing with Cora and her mini-meltdowns/breakdowns every five minutes. Sorry to sound heartless, but I don't care about her, her pain and whatever else she thinks she should cry about. Pfffft. Matriach my arse.

Edit: Christian needs to get over himself. Yasmin is not, and will never be his daughter. Yasmin is the daughter of Syed and Amira. That child's life is not in his hands to decide.
    Fabulous post PP. Agree with every word about Chryed.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit confusing, but all in all, Chryed got a happy ending, and liked the Stand by Me.

Could have been a lot worse.

I shall miss Syed.

But I shall miss Christian like crazy - really - I'm sure John will do fine, but I want to see him on the telly:(
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awesome post PP.

Least it's all done now. No more circular, boring storylines - let's PARTY! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lousiana wrote: »
    Fabulous post PP. Agree with every word about Chryed.
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    Awesome post PP.

Least it's all done now. No more circular, boring storylines - let's PARTY! :D

Now Chyred are gone, let's party - let's get out the blubby!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

:eek:Blubby's in the fridge :eek: :D
  • Options
    CRP2012CRP2012 Posts: 2,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

its in the fridge!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    [/B]

:eek:Blubby's in the fridge :eek: :D
    CRP2012 wrote: »
    its in the fridge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol4bu4QqgHc

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Luv it :D come back Vanessa!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luv it :D come back Vanessa!

I loved Vanessa. Such an underused character:(
  • Options
    Forum Member

Very, Zoe should come back, brilliant actress. :)
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed. I liked her spats with Tanya too [everyone else is her best friend nowadays :rolleyes:] :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1- amount of people who like Derek/ A partridge in a Chyred tree
    We need to save some bubbly for when Derek meets his maker next month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MissLola wrote: »
    We need to save some bubbly for when Derek meets his makes next month.

Only if he takes Tyler with him. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very, Zoe should come back, brilliant actress. :)
    EE had a great actress in Zoe Lucker, and they wasted her - such a shame. I loved Zoe on Footballer's Wives!
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    Agreed. I liked her spats with Tanya too [everyone else is her best friend nowadays :rolleyes:] :)
    I loved her spats with Tanya too, for once Tanya had met someone who didn't kiss the ground she walked on! BIB: Too true!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5- Max is lucky to be alive(**cough Lauren, Tanya cough**)
    MissLola wrote: »
    We need to save some bubbly for when Derek meets his makes next month.

I'll have a glass or two!

EDIT: make that "bottle"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only if he takes Tyler with him. :D

And Joey & Whitney:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Whitney yea, I like Joey :o:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5- Max is lucky to be alive(**cough Lauren, Tanya cough**)

Lauren can leave with them too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Lauren can leave with them too!

:eek::mad: how very, very dare you :mad:

:p
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279