Options

Why was Jorgie dissapointed on her Bolero?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She didn't want to comment on it as she was going to cry.

I thought her Bolero was fine, nothing to be ashamed of...

(IMO her's was better, she had the emotion, whereas Matthew's was all tricks - not what I think of as a traditional Bolero but he was still a worthy winner :))

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She fluffed the final lift which was somewhat aborted; she did not go up, but slid off Matt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I'll have to re-watch somehow...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I was really disappointed with their bolero. After 7 years on the show I really was expecting matt Evers to pull something amazing out of the bag. But instead I felt like it was just a sequence of moves that he new which he put together. I just don't think it built as it should and it just didn't give me the feeling that bolero usually does.

Out of all the finalists I was so excited about jorgies bolero. Now I realise that it is probably nina who choreographs her and matts professional routines
  • Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were her tears down to disappointment ? I thought it was because it was her final skate and she was getting a bit emotional about it all coming to an end.

I know Katarina said it was disappointment, but I thought she was talking rubbish ( shows what I know !)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really disappointed with their bolero. After 7 years on the show I really was expecting matt Evers to pull something amazing out of the bag. But instead I felt like it was just a sequence of moves that he new which he put together. I just don't think it built as it should and it just didn't give me the feeling that bolero usually does.

Out of all the finalists I was so excited about jorgies bolero. Now I realise that it is probably nina who choreographs her and matts professional routines

I was disappointed with Jorgie's Bolero too. I wouldn't say that Nina does all the choreography though. Nina and Matt can be more adventurous with their own routines as they are both professionals.
  • Options
    TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it helped that Jorgie didn't seem to understand the story of Bolero she seemed to think it was going to be about her progression through DOI rather than what Bolero is about and again having never seen it might not have helped either although I'm sorry but my opinion is if your signing up for DOI you should have at least watch it in case you make it to the final so you know what to expect rather than turn up and go I've never seen this.

I wonde if the previous poster has a point about Matt and the choreo as I was never a huge fan of his and Kristina's pro routines I tended to find them quite staid and bland and the only one of theirs I liked was Patience and I wonder if Nina does have a big influence in the choreo of their pro routines.

I also expected more from Matt and Jorgie as others have said he has been in the show since the beginning and has been in 3 finals so would have thought he would have known how to get the wow factor over to the audience and it just didn't happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen much connection between Jorgie and Matt E tbh. I think they lost something after that scary accident. Must be offputting.
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    I don't think it helped that Jorgie didn't seem to understand the story of Bolero she seemed to think it was going to be about her progression through DOI .....

Really? I took it to mean her performance would show what she had learned through the series.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Really? I took it to mean her performance would show what she had learned through the series.

I that was the idea, I think she failed miserably. I much preferred her performance in the semi-final week to any of hers' last week.