susan boyle rumours

Comments

• chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    I've seen Susan twice on the TV this week (new album publicity) She sang badly, with no emotion, no feeling. Her interview were devoid of any personality.

I think she is on medication of some kind , she has referred to a period a little while ago when she 'wasn't very well'. I do hope they get her meds sorted, they seem to have sucked the life out of her...
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    What happened to Susan's voice? First ever performance I have seen of hers and thought was terrible. I am talking about CIN

Just youtubed it. Sounded to me like a combination of nerves, emotion and possibly a sore throat (her voice cracked noticably at one point). She definitely seemed a bit subdued.

Aaah, just seen a poster above mentioning meds. That could explain it.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently she suffered an emotional breakdown in June at a motorway services at Knutsford in Cheshire.

The full report is here:

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/2012/06/02/20120602susan-boyle-emotional-breakdown.html?nclick_check=1

Poor her. :( I like her music a lot. I have got her first two albums and they're brilliant! :D I hope she doesn't quit any time soon.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    Susan doesn't really seem to like singing live on demand. Her manager needs to sort it out and cut down her live singing appearances. Her hard core fans will buy her albums regardless. You don't hear many pop stars singing live regularly on TV because most aren't up to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    Susan doesn't really seem to like singing live on demand. Her manager needs to sort it out and cut down her live singing appearances. Her hard core fans will buy her albums regardless. You don't hear many pop stars singing live regularly on TV because most aren't up to it.

BTW, Susan Boyle's new album, out tomorrow in the UK, I think is her best to date. Just thought I'd say that.

Actually, Subo loves singing live. Before she got famous she did it all the time locally. But I agree not in the venues her management have been putting her in. Things may be changing next year, though. She's going to do a series of concerts in small theaters around the UK, to be followed by, Oz and the US in following years. She wants it small enough that she can connect with the audience, because there will be no bells and whistles, ala Madonna, GaGa, etc. Just her and maybe an opening singer or two.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trennie wrote: »
    BTW, Susan Boyle's new album, out tomorrow in the UK, I think is her best to date. Just thought I'd say that.

Actually, Subo loves singing live. Before she got famous she did it all the time locally. But I agree not in the venues her management have been putting her in. Things may be changing next year, though. She's going to do a series of concerts in small theaters around the UK, to be followed by, Oz and the US in following years. She wants it small enough that she can connect with the audience, because there will be no bells and whistles, ala Madonna, GaGa, etc. Just her and maybe an opening singer or two.

She had a Theater gig in Liverpool a few months back and didn't turn up. I for one will never buy anything related to this woman again. We couldn't even get a refund.
  • thistledounthistledoun Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

This is a very interesting article, because a paragraph buried in the middle appears to shed some light on the original post of this thread.

"You still get your blips though and I had one difficult patch about eight weeks ago. It was a health problem and I don’t want to go too much into it, but it was exhaustion and I didn’t know I had it. My personality changed and I was in a bad place but with the help of others I’m in a better place."

This Daily Mail interview took place on Oct. 19; the date of the original post of this thread, reporting that she was hospitalized after having a breakdown in the street, was Sun. Aug. 12 - about eight weeks earlier.

The following day (Aug.13), someone on Susan's team volunteered to an admin of the largest Subo fan forum that "Susan was in the recording studio last week and over the weekend." Previously, it had never been their practice to notify the forum about Susan's recording schedule. So it looks like they were trying to head off any rumours and downplay the seriousness of her "exhaustion".

Indeed, it appears to have been a short-lived event. Tweets had confirmed that she was in Glasgow, where her album was recorded, on several days of the preceding week. Early Sunday afternoon, she was in Edinburgh for the Fringe Festival:

http://twitter.com/terrie_dicksonX/status/234625128632307713/photo/1

The OP reported her hospitalization later that night. But two days later, Tuesday, she was seen lunching in Bathgate, and out & about locally the rest of that week, then heading to London on Saturday to record with Donny Osmond.

So if it was the Sunday night that she was hospitalized (the OP didn't actually specify the date), she bounced back quickly. As she has said herself, she is "up and down like a yo-yo."
    Forum Member
    trennie wrote: »

That might work better for her. As you say I think she likes to sing live when it's at a time of her own choosing. She doesn't like being dragged off to strange venues and being made to sing. Her management probably say she needs to do it to boost sales but I'm sure Susan would rather sing less and settle for fewer sales. It's the middle men wanting their big cut.
  • NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That might work better for her. As you say I think she likes to sing live when it's at a time of her own choosing. She doesn't like being dragged off to strange venues and being made to sing. Her management probably say she needs to do it to boost sales but I'm sure Susan would rather sing less and settle for fewer sales. It's the middle men wanting their big cut.

As I said months a few months ago.
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    The issue is exploitation. Her longer term mental health. Do you really think Susan is interested in earning mega bucks? Pushing herself so that she is regularly having outbursts in public places. Potentially putting herself at risk of being charged for assault. I genuinely don't think most people would be if they think about the broader picture. Susan loves to sing & she loves to live the simple life. There should be a way that these two can be moulded together. This is where happiness is for Susan. Not this superstar stuff loved by her uber fans who are vicariously involved in her life for their own purposes.
    Forum Member
    As I said months a few months ago.
    Yep, ageed!! :)
    Forum Member

Well, you're right about that to some extent. Certainly, her manager (who most think is a fine man) and her producer get a cut of her royalties. Their income relies on hers. What Sony/Syco think the the sales minimum is for her to be viable, I don't know. And nobody really knows yet what her hardcore global fan base is. 1 million? 500,000? So how low can she go and keep not only her label but her staff.
    Forum Member
    This is a very interesting article, because a paragraph buried in the middle appears to shed some light on the original post of this thread.

"You still get your blips though and I had one difficult patch about eight weeks ago. It was a health problem and I don’t want to go too much into it, but it was exhaustion and I didn’t know I had it. My personality changed and I was in a bad place but with the help of others I’m in a better place."

This Daily Mail interview took place on Oct. 19; the date of the original post of this thread, reporting that she was hospitalized after having a breakdown in the street, was Sun. Aug. 12 - about eight weeks earlier.

The following day (Aug.13), someone on Susan's team volunteered to an admin of the largest Subo fan forum that "Susan was in the recording studio last week and over the weekend." Previously, it had never been their practice to notify the forum about Susan's recording schedule. So it looks like they were trying to head off any rumours and downplay the seriousness of her "exhaustion".

Indeed, it appears to have been a short-lived event. Tweets had confirmed that she was in Glasgow, where her album was recorded, on several days of the preceding week. Early Sunday afternoon, she was in Edinburgh for the Fringe Festival:

http://twitter.com/terrie_dicksonX/status/234625128632307713/photo/1

The OP reported her hospitalization later that night. But two days later, Tuesday, she was seen lunching in Bathgate, and out & about locally the rest of that week, then heading to London on Saturday to record with Donny Osmond.

So if it was the Sunday night that she was hospitalized (the OP didn't actually specify the date), she bounced back quickly. As she has said herself, she is "up and down like a yo-yo."

Yes, that seems right and I apologize to the OP for earlier intemperate remarks. Susan told the OZ music journalist, Molly Meldrum, early on, "I can't be allowed to get too tired". And it seems to be the case that whenever her staff forget that, she will have difficulties, if only temporarily. And yet they've just finished putting her a grueling series of promo trips to LA, Vegas, and NY to promote Standing Ovations and then, right into singing on CIN. She got Saturday and part of Sunday off and then had to fly down to London Sunday night for more interview shows.

She doesn't complain. That's the trouble. She works till she snaps.
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    As predicted Rihanna #1 on the 1st UK Midweek chart
    #1 Ri
    #2 1D
    #3 LMix
    #4 SuBo(heading between 50/60K)
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #1 Ri
    #2 1D
    #3 LMix

Do you know anyhting about the Girls Aloud single sales please...where are they and where is Olly...
    Forum Member
    Olly Murs #1 by a mile,
    Latest % in sales
    1 Olly Murs - Troublemaker 1.0000 1.0000
    2 Girls Aloud - Something New 0.5312 0.5625
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who knew Susan likes it up the bum

#susanalbumparty

http://twitter.yfrog.com/ob32yetj
    Forum Member
    #1 Ri
    #2 1D
    #3 LMix
    These are the correct charts
    1. Rihanna
    2. Led Zeppelin
    3. Little Mix
    4. One Direction
    OCC messed up, SuBo not in the top 5
  • NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knew Susan likes it up the bum

#susanalbumparty

http://twitter.yfrog.com/ob32yetj

Just saw this response on DM site

Well, I think this is disgusting! This incident could seriously have damaged the sales of Susan's new album - in fact, it could have rectum!:D
    Forum Member
    Subo will be singing her siren's song to these brave men tomorrow night at her al-bum-launch party -

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/susan-boyle-invites-lisbon-lions-1453644

http://m.news24.com/channel24/Gossip/News/Susan-Boyle-looking-for-real-world-love-20121122

(To quote Twitter, " 'Terrified of internet dating'. I'm pretty sure internet dating is terrified of Susan Boyle.") :p
    Forum Member

Well, I think this is disgusting! This incident could seriously have damaged the sales of Susan's new album - in fact, it could have rectum!:D

Sales have had huge drops in countries without this, going to end up with about 800K WorldWide sales.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Tackomacko wrote: »
    Word on the street in blackburn is that she is in st johns hospital, had a breakdown or something in the street.

i wonder if its true.

No it is NOT true. This poor woman. Perhaps you should check your facts before starting a thread that has no basis of truth. Susan has been in Vegas with Donny Osmond and has appeared on American TV!!Leave this poor lady alone.
    Forum Member
    No it is NOT true. This poor woman. Perhaps you should check your facts before starting a thread that has no basis of truth. Susan has been in Vegas with Donny Osmond and has appeared on American TV!!Leave this poor lady alone.

Perhaps YOU should check YOUR facts, as Susan corroborated his story in this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2233439/As-meets-idol-Donny-Osmond-Las-Vegas-Susan-Boyle-says-conquered-demons-shes-terrified-disappear.html
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a Theater gig in Liverpool a few months back and didn't turn up. I for one will never buy anything related to this woman again. We couldn't even get a refund.

If that was the Susan Boyle musical, which starred Elaine C Smith, in which Susan Boyle herself appeared on stage then end, then tickets were sold on the basis that her appearance was not guaranteed.

We saw the show in Cardiff
    Forum Member

This may happen again, at the moment she's found herself in dangerous territory regardIng sales because the album is flopping worldwide. And this may have an effect on her with Sony/SyCo.
    From the reports coming out, they are not happy with the sales so far.
    In her second week in the US, Adele's 21 selling more and that's still on full price there like it is in th rest of the world, and this week it sold over 10million in the US. http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/retail/adele-s-21-hits-10-million-in-u-s-sales-1008029002.story