Options

Katie Hopkins and Arlene Phillips in twitter clash over Lynda Bellingham joke

13»

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not a troll. She's a word I can't use here, but we know which one I'm talking about.

Unfortunately newspapers and TV shows are so desperate for any attention that they are willing to hire her. I puts things into perspective when you have her appearing on This Morning, and just a few segments later, Philip Schofield is simpering about cyber-bullying with no awareness of irony at all.

There is a bit of hypocrisy there by ITV if that's true.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    There is a bit of hypocrisy there by ITV if that's true.

Holly and Philips faux outrage and shock at Katies comments is equally grating and hypocritical.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    What is it they say about empty vessels? I think Hopkins fits the bill nicely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Check out @arlenephillips's Tweet: https://twitter.com/arlenephillips/status/530634235632439297?s=09

Tells Katie humanitys lost on her aftee Katie tweets about wanting someone to commit suicide
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Check out @arlenephillips's Tweet: https://twitter.com/arlenephillips/status/530634235632439297?s=09

Tells Katie humanitys lost on her aftee Katie tweets about wanting someone to commit suicide

Wow. That woman is beyond disgusting. And yet she gets worked up if she hears the name Tyler.... *sigh*
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to wonder how sheltered they are from it. Do they go to public school? Do the children bear her last name? Their class-mates might not realize what their mum is all about, but surely the other parents must know. Or does she hire someone to take her kids to school to avoid it all?

Oh no, she takes them herself so she can vet who they are walking through the school gates with! I bet the other parents give her a wide berth. You do have to question the intellect of a woman who spews such vile stuff and doesn't realise the impact the will have on her children now and down the line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh no, she takes them herself so she can vet who they are walking through the school gates with! I bet the other parents give her a wide berth. You do have to question the intellect of a woman who spews such vile stuff and doesn't realise the impact the will have on her children now and down the line.

I wonder if one day shell realise shes had a good run,ridden her luck for a long while and then decide to take a step back from all of this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if one day shell realise shes had a good run,ridden her luck for a long while and then decide to take a step back from all of this?

I think she'll end up, one day, provoking the wrong person, and then that person might go looking for revenge. At the minute, Hopkins just sees this as just having fun and staying in the spotlight, but she could very well regret making the provocative comments that she does if she ends up provoking the wrong person.
  • Options
    Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I've found the comments in this thread really interesting. The amount of anger that exists towards Katie Hopkins is something that I personally find astounding. I had a Twitter debate with someone recently who labelled her as someone "ugly inside and out". Now, I don't disagree at all with the assertion that most of the things she says are very unpleasant, but can we not just step back a second and ask ourselves, who is Katie Hopkins exactly? A low-level celebrity who thrives on controversial publicity to keep her career going. That's all. I've seen less anger directed at some murderers! I'm just struggling to understand it all really, everyone knows what to expect from her by now, if everyone just ignored her and realised the reason why she says what she does her career would likely be over in an instant.
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's doing what she does best, saying something she knows will wind people up and get her into a spat with someone creating more attention for her, which is what she craves desperately. Best thing everyone can do is just ignore her, even negative attention will make her moist.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holte139 wrote: »
    I've found the comments in this thread really interesting. The amount of anger that exists towards Katie Hopkins is something that I personally find astounding. I had a Twitter debate with someone recently who labelled her as someone "ugly inside and out". Now, I don't disagree at all with the assertion that most of the things she says are very unpleasant, but can we not just step back a second and ask ourselves, who is Katie Hopkins exactly? A low-level celebrity who thrives on controversial publicity to keep her career going. That's all. I've seen less anger directed at some murderers! I'm just struggling to understand it all really, everyone knows what to expect from her by now, if everyone just ignored her and realised the reason why she says what she does her career would likely be over in an instant.

Round of applause. The obsession with this women by folks who claim to hate her is astonishing. I bet she can't believe her luck that she has such an avid following. It is these very followers who keep her in work with media asking her for her latest offering.

Ignore = end of media career.
  • Options
    Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the joke would be a lot worse reading the thread title, I actually agree with Katie and thought it was hilarious. :o

She's such a good follow haha.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    What is it about Russell Brand that means he deserves to die of cancer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lea_uk wrote: »
    What is it about Russell Brand that means he deserves to die of cancer?

My thoughts precisely.
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    People posting on this thread saying we should ignore her and not comment on her or respond to her....oh the irony:D
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's plumbed new depths with her latest outburst.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a minor shock jock. She must sit at home in her office and think what can I say that will offend the most people and get me on This Morning tomorrow?

Today I will criticise fat people, lower class people, trolls, scroungers, people who name their children after geographical areas*, thin people, people on benefits, pretty people, ugly people, people with strong viewpoints*, people with mental health issues, people who are women*, dead people, people who should be dead but aren't, people who aren't like me, people who are like me but aren't as clever or rich, other people, people.

She doesn't need to be consistent in who she criticises or why, she just needs to light the blue touch paper, stand well back, watch her Twitter statistics, wait for the call from the This Morning intern and repeat ad nauseum until someone else takes her place. People like Samantha Brick tried and failed but I'm sure someone will step into her shoes quite soon as she's clearly running out of ideas.

*Being Katie Hopkins doesn't count in these groups.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People posting on this thread saying we should ignore her and not comment on her or respond to her....oh the irony:D

Yeah. This thread disappearing from the first page would be a start.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also "...do a Bellingham..." - what a repulsively disrespectful creature she is.

This ^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Hopkins is dependant upon 'controversy' for attention - it's all she has in her sad bag of tricks to earn a living. She hasn't the wit or the intelligence to make a reasonable and worthy of debate point without targeting, antagonising, upsetting someone or some group of people, as otherwise she knows she'll be ignored. Like one of those really annoying yappy dogs that bark continuously until someone eventually throws it a bone. So she is a troll in that sense, someone who deliberately chooses an antagonistic and sensational stance for no purpose other than to generate anger/annoyance/upset - and occasionally, genuine disgust at how desperately low she's prepared to go - in order to keep her sad self above the radar.

Does her trolling come under the 'jail em' category? No. But she definitely comes under the 'ignore' category as giving her attention is just encouraging her spite and pettiness and her willingness to upset people for no reason other than her own sad pleasure.

Why you would defend her or give her the attention she craves or see her as anything other than a sad troll is beyond me. There are countless journos out there who are controversial but who, intelligently and without malice, put forward contentious ideas in a way that they can be discussed and debated without ever descending to her tragic levels of spite and pettiness.

I agree with everything you have said. But unfortunately until those stupid, stupid people at 'This Morning' and the likes stop booking her, she'll always have fuel for her fire.

It's about time they stopped going to her for her opinion and comments.

We. Don't. CARE!!
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie. I don't know whether or not you read these forums or whether they do give you the oxygen you need in order to keep yourself 'relevant'. If you don't, it doesn't matter. If you do, then here's a simple message. If your Twitter account wasn't hacked, your latest postings show the signs of someone who really isn't very well in the head (let's put the epilepsy on one side, for now). When people go as far as you're going these days, the person who usually gets destroyed is themselves and those closest to them. They get so high on ego they think they're impenetrable. They aren't and it never ends well.

Get help. This shouldn't be how anyone makes a living.