EE: I'm Sick Of This Super Spermed Sh*te S/L!!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No wonder BK is keeping back more of the spoilers than before-
    nobody would have watched that shite tonight if they knew how utterly ridiculous it was going to be!!!
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    This Storyline is so bad it's hilarious. I can't believe how long it took any of them to realise that Sam could have lied about the results. I mean OK Ricky and Bianca might not be the brightest sparks but Jacks an ex-copper for crying out loud, his reply at the end to Bianca, "so what exactly are trying to say" hilarious. Who is writing this stuff?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    This Storyline is so bad it's hilarious. I can't believe how long it took any of them to realise that Sam could have lied about the results. I mean OK Ricky and Bianca might not be the brightest sparks but Jacks an ex-copper for crying out loud, his reply at the end to Bianca, "so what exactly are trying to say" hilarious. Who is writing this stuff?

I know being a cop doesn't automatically mean you're intelligent, but he was supposed to have been a detective I believe, so he does sound incredibly stupid asking that. But I knew the second the scene played out with Sam making the call and not using the speaker phone she was going to lie, as I'm sure 99.9% of the rest of the viewing audience did, the writers didn't even try to make the lie "slightly" less obvious!:rolleyes:

It really is a pity that they didn't keep Jack a "darker" character as he was at the start. I can't help thinking that given his history of being a dirty cop, there was all sorts of dodgy things he could have been involved with and shady characters he may have crossed over the years that would have brought a "grittier" dramatic element to EE. As Phil is no longer the tough guy, I think it's something the square has been lacking in and Jack could have filled that role. Now he's left as a pathetic baby daddy, waste of a potential "bad guy" character imo. His character would never be as good as Steve Owen, but anything would be better then being a sperm bank!:D:D:D
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toni113 wrote: »
    AGREE 100%, i can't stand ronnie, roxie or sam also and with ronnie being pregnant it looks like they will be dominating the xmas storyline boring :yawn:

She may have but Stacey leaving will also be at Xmas and Kat and Alfie have a big Xmas storyline. Seems to be amixed bag. They started balancing out the stories last Xmas - Archie dies at Xmas whilst New year was all about the Masoods.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's true about these Christmas s/l's and seeing how Ronnie is supposed to 5 months pregnant (she hides it well:rolleyes:), so could this be 10 month pregnancy perhaps??:eek::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm bumping this one about this ridiculous s/l!!

A couple of comments on last night's (Thursday) episode. Jack in the market positively BOASTING about fathering so many children by different women, what the hell are the writers on??:confused::mad: He is supposed to be a reasonably intelligent character (hard to believe he was once a detective) and this is supposed to be something to be proud of?? My other comment is about Ronnie, I am not a fan of either Ronnie or Roxy tbh, but has this woman no pride at all??:( When he said she was his "number one" as in first in all of my baby mommas?? Ronnie was supposed to be the strong, feisty woman, wasn't she? If they end up with Sam's baby, they'll only end up arguing all the time about the kids! I know she had her demons, but this is beyond believable now, at least to me!:mad:

Finally, regarding all these baby s/l's in EE, for the hell of it I did a "kiddie count" comparing EE, Corrie and ED (although I don't watch a friend of mine does), and counted the amount of preschool toddlers, babies and current pregnancies, I could have missed some so feel free to correct errors:D:

Emmerdale:

Hope twins
    Angel

Corrie:

Amy
    Freddy (not sure of his age)
    Liam
    Jack
    Fizz, Natasha pregnancy s/l's

EE:

Bobby & Morgan (not sure how old they are though)
    Lily
    Richard
    George
    Amy
    Kamil
    William & Janet (Billy's off screen kids)
    Amira,Lucy,Ronnie,Kat all recent and current pregnancy s/l's
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is very funny :D:D:D

The final scene of Tuesday was funny- think everyone had guessed Sam was lying:o

But EE really do need to start moving away from 'who's the daddy pregnancy storylines'- there's been too many of them recently

Unfortunately- and I don't want to be the bearer of bad news
    It appears that Alfie isn't the father of Kat's baby- I have no idea who is- but if someone on this show was to fall pregnant and it turned out that their husband really was the father (without the need to resort to a DNA test) that really would be an EE shocker
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This storyline is so unbelievably rubbish it's practically an insult to a license payer. I'd say EE needs some fresh writers but they have just gotten a brand new Exec Producer for crying out loud!! Not only is it unoriginal, boring and extremly far fetched, its just lazy. BK brought Sam back... just for this?
    Same with Kat and Alfie. I love them both as charactors and they are very popular. There are an infinate number of things they could have done with them. Instead, Kat's pregnant. Switching off time I think tbh. The only praise I can give BK is the Phil storyline. That, at least, has actually required some thinking.
    How much we betting Janine is pregnant next?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishmaura wrote: »
    I didn't want to start a new thread so I'm bumping this one about this ridiculous s/l!!

A couple of comments on last night's (Thursday) episode. Jack in the market positively BOASTING about fathering so many children by different women, what the hell are the writers on??:confused::mad: He is supposed to be a reasonably intelligent character (hard to believe he was once a detective) and this is supposed to be something to be proud of?? My other comment is about Ronnie, I am not a fan of either Ronnie or Roxy tbh, but has this woman no pride at all??:( When he said she was his "number one" as in first in all of my baby mommas?? Ronnie was supposed to be the strong, feisty woman, wasn't she? If they end up with Sam's baby, they'll only end up arguing all the time about the kids! I know she had her demons, but this is beyond believable now, at least to me!:mad:

- Ronnie had personality transplant but I'm hopeful she'll come to her senses soon
    - Jack is just advertising he's sperm bank, god Scott must find this material so :o
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    This thread is very funny :D:D:D

The final scene of Tuesday was funny- think everyone had guessed Sam was lying:o

But EE really do need to start moving away from 'who's the daddy pregnancy storylines'- there's been too many of them recently

Unfortunately- and I don't want to be the bearer of bad news
    It appears that Alfie isn't the father of Kat's baby- I have no idea who is- but if someone on this show was to fall pregnant and it turned out that their husband really was the father (without the need to resort to a DNA test) that really would be an EE shocker

i really hope that spoiler is some sort of a joke :rolleyes:
    yet ANOTHER whodunnit pregnancy, this is just utterly utterly ridiculous!!
    eastenders has always had the most bogstandard writers, but i just cannot believe the depths that are being sunk to here, even the least intelligent viewers arent interested in all this multi-pregnancy crap.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    chessie__x wrote: »
    maybe behind closed doors sam told jack she was on the pill?

still doesnt protect against std's. And if i was bedding down with sam or indeed jack id want them checked out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    i really hope that spoiler is some sort of a joke :rolleyes:
    yet ANOTHER whodunnit pregnancy, this is just utterly utterly ridiculous!!
    eastenders has always had the most bogstandard writers, but i just cannot believe the depths that are being sunk to here, even the least intelligent viewers arent interested in all this multi-pregnancy crap.

It's not a joke- sorry!
    It may turn out that the baby is Alfie's- I don't know but the spoilers suggest that Kat is saying the baby isn't Alfie's- who knows

but it does sound really daft only a week after the last who's the daddy storyline

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/0818/eastenders.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3133970/Kat-Alfie-to-return-to-Square.html
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd prefer it if Kat had already had a kid off screen. Then we could skip all this.

And as for Ronnie I think she may have gone crazy and isn't really pregnant at all. :p
  • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    I think while kirkwood is over seeing this they are the last and final hallmarks of Santer.
  • Crooks AwareCrooks Aware Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    budge9 wrote: »
    No wonder BK is keeping back more of the spoilers than before-
    nobody would have watched that shite tonight if they knew how utterly ridiculous it was going to be!!!

Amen Brother.:D
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    I think while kirkwood is over seeing this they are the last and final hallmarks of Santer.

Thats a cop out if ever i saw one, yes lets blame Santer for all the baby nonsense, sorry but Kirkwood was working alongside Santer for sometime before the handover so he would have had some kind of input into storylines. Santer may have started some of the nonsense but its now all down to Kirkwood, but rather than place the blame on the current clown lets all boo hiss at Santer.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I'd prefer it if Kat had already had a kid off screen. Then we could skip all this.

And as for Ronnie I think she may have gone crazy and isn't really pregnant at all. :p

oooh yeah! :D

or maybe going through an early menopause.
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    Amen Brother.:D

Thats a cop out if ever i saw one, yes lets blame Santer for all the baby nonsense, sorry but Kirkwood was working alongside Santer for sometime before the handover so he would have had some kind of input into storylines. Santer may have started some of the nonsense but its now all down to Kirkwood, but rather than place the blame on the current clown lets all boo hiss at Santer.

plus the fact its kirkwood who has bought kat back... pregnant!
    Forum Member
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    plus the fact its kirkwood who has bought kat back... pregnant!

Exactly so its pathetic to blame Santer for all the baby nonsense.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for Ronnie's post-natal depression:cry::cry: - oh, the joy!!!
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Pop_Art wrote: »

I love it! There really is some blind loyalty to Kirkwood in these forums, poor old Santer is still getting blamed for things, months after he left the job. Someone even posted in another thread that we're in the middle of a 'transitional year' Wow! I wish someone would give me a year to get used to my job.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Junox wrote: »
    Can't wait for Ronnie's post-natal depression:cry::cry: - oh, the joy!!!

Would you even notice it though? she'll be depressed as she is now so it would hardly make any difference to the character at all :o
    Forum Member
    DiscoP wrote: »
    I love it! There really is some blind loyalty to Kirkwood in these forums, poor old Santer is still getting blamed for things, months after he left the job. Someone even posted in another thread that we're in the middle of a 'transitional year' Wow! I wish someone would give me a year to get used to my job.

When i changed jobs i was thrown in at the deep end and told to get on with it, i was given no transitional year let alone week, a producer should be good at what they do but Kirkwood lacks the punch of the others before him, even Hutchinson was better, one of his IMOP worst decisions is to take a third rate ex DS writer (Kris Green) and give him a position in story-lining, a position he is clearly unsuited for.

The sacking of Devon because of a past incident on another show just is the pits.:mad:

Santer got a hell of a lot of stick, some of it was deserved BUT he got the job done and was very competent, Kirkwood is third rate and is peeing over the work of past producers.
  • ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    When i changed jobs i was thrown in at the deep end and told to get on with it, i was given no transitional year let alone week, a producer should be good at what they do but Kirkwood lacks the punch of the others before him, even Hutchinson was better, one of his IMOP decisions is to take a third rate ex DS writer (Kris Green) and give him a position in story-lining, a position he is clearly unsuited for.

The sacking of Devon because of a past incident on another show just is the pits.:mad:

Santer got a hell of a lot of stick, some of it was deserved BUT he got the job done and was very competent, Kirkwood is third rate and is peeing over the work of past producers.

You are wrong. Santer's first few months were awful as well. He took over the credits in Feb 2007 and the show was dire until July 2007. EE won ONE soap award that year one.

One of the first things Santer did was kill off Stella before we even got her story! they had built it up then dropped it completely by ending it short. So don't make out Santer was a god when he wasn't. Also this poster explains the new set up in an easy manner for you to follow.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=44189583&postcount=9

Also Billie wasn't a good character and Devon not a good actor. People had been calling out for his axe. Bryan has completely cleared out the deadwood Santer didn't have the guts to get rid off.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity he hasn't got rid of the other Billy though:mad:
    Forum Member
    You are wrong. Santer's first few months were awful as well. He took over the credits in Feb 2007 and the show was dire until July 2007. EE won ONE soap award that year one.

One of the first things Santer did was kill off Stella before we even got her story! they had built it up then dropped it completely by ending it short. So don't make out Santer was a god when he wasn't. Also this poster explains the new set up in an easy manner for you to follow.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=44189583&postcount=9

Also Billie wasn't a good character and Devon not a good actor. People had been calling out for his axe. Bryan has completely cleared out the deadwood Santer didn't have the guts to get rid off.

Awards mean nothing to the viewer, Kirkwood axed the character Billie because of his personal history with him but then again thats my personal opinion.

EE will never improve when he takes on the likes of Kris Green, someone who has no record in script writing nor has had submitted any material for consideration. I know Green is fated like a Saint on these forums but hell its my opinion and i stick by it.