My cat is really sick...

12346»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Oh, LostSoul, I am so sorry. It is such a terrible feeling, having said goodbye to your handsome boy for the last time. But like other posters have said, your puss knew you loved him and I honestly do believe that in their own way, when animals are ill, although they obviously can't tell us, they understand that we are doing what is best for them and they know that we love them. The love I had for my now departed cats still burns brightly in my heart and always will. My spoiled little puss Amber who's 14 is luckily in the best of health - she's just lost a few teeth - but I tell her all the time that I love her and cuddle her at every opportunity. I know my heart will break all over again when she goes, but hopefully we have a few years yet. Sending you lots of love & hugs. Please take care & don't beat yourself up over having your kitty PTS.
  • Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm very sorry for your loss, Lost Soul. You must be devastated, but try and comfort yourself that you did the right thing by him all along, and you did the right thing at the end by not letting him suffer. Nobody could have done more.

RIP Mac.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lost_Soul wrote: »
    i would like to thank you all for the kind words...

my boy has gone....im broken, im so lost without him, he was so young and fought so hard but i had to do what i though was right for him today, i felt my heart shatter and now im full of doubt..i dont know how to carry on without him....

I am so sorry to hear this I was hoping he would make a comeback, but don't doubt yourself, you fought for him and the fact that you made this decision means it was the right one for Mac.

The grief is awful , don't hold back and let it out , it may be that another puss in need may help you get through it , it might be that you need to wait a while, its different with different people , so you do what you feel is right for you, but take comfort in the fact that Mac loved you and you did everything you could for him during his short years on earth , any cat would be lucky to have you.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,615
    Forum Member
    :cry:
  • Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My new lad is about 3 weeks younger than Max. I just can't imagine what you have gone through but you have done the right thing by him.

Having pets is loving them to the end of the road. Max had a shorter road than he deserved. He was loved all the way.
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Mac :(
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I'm crying here for little Mac and you. I've been following this thread and was full of hope because he was so young but nobody could have done more than you did.

Lovely posts and words from posters.

I had to have my beloved cat pts a year ago this week but she'd been with me for almost 15 years. I live alone and I still will hear a sound in the house and think oh that's Pea doing ...

You loved Mac with all of your heart (as did every other bereaved poster and their cats).

Tears are the price we pay for loving and them loving us back.

I'm so sorry.
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owllover wrote: »
    I'm crying here for little Mac and you. I've been following this thread and was full of hope because he was so young but nobody could have done more than you did.

Lovely posts and words from posters.

I had to have my beloved cat pts a year ago this week but she'd been with me for almost 15 years. I live alone and I still will hear a sound in the house and think oh that's Pea doing ...

You loved Mac with all of your heart (as did every other bereaved poster and their cats).

Tears are the price we pay for loving and them loving us back.

I'm so sorry.

Lovely post. x
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sorry to read this, Lost_Soul. I do know exactly how you feel. I almost have to catch my breath sometimes when I realise that I'm simply not going to see a certain little body getting into mischief ever again. It just isn't possible.

But we do get on with it and we do find a way of getting over it and of course we do usually find ourselves with new fluffballs, new little characters to fill that space but they'll be unique in themselves - they never replace and we never forget.

Be kind to yourself; you did all you could and then accepted and carried out your last and most important responsibility towards Mac.

But it really is crap, isn't it? :(
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sorry for your loss. Are you OK though Lost Soul?.
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    So sorry for your loss. Are you OK though Lost Soul?.

i am ok thank you...heart broken and full of doubt but ok, i really dont know if i did the right thing, mac still had so much life in his eyes and i feel like i betrayed him,
    he was a silent little boy never meowed, never purred...but my home is so much quieter without him and a lot emptier.
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a huge hug from all of us on this thread. xx
  • Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You didn't betray him, Lost Soul. Alot of people feel that way after they've had their pet put to sleep, because you always feel you should be able to take care of them. But sometimes you just can't do anything to make them better, and everybody who's been reading this thread knows you tried your best.

If you hadn't had him put to sleep he would have gotten sicker and sicker and suffered a lingering death instead. You spared him that, you did the right thing by him.
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,615
    Forum Member
    Cheetah666 wrote: »
    You didn't betray him, Lost Soul. Alot of people feel that way after they've had their pet put to sleep, because you always feel you should be able to take care of them. But sometimes you just can't do anything to make them better, and everybody who's been reading this thread knows you tried your best.

If you hadn't had him put to sleep he would have gotten sicker and sicker and suffered a lingering death instead. You spared him that, you did the right thing by him.

Yes, maybe it is better lost_soul that you remember the life in Mac's eyes rather than pain or or any kind of discomfort, taking the decision to pts our beloved pets is a terrible decision. We had to do it with our much loved rottweiler when he developed a blood clot on the brain, we felt his quality of life was too poor to keep him alive just because we couldn't bear to part with him - but eventually we did. So sad, I still cry for him after 28 years. :blush: