Options

Dyer v Hopkins ..yet another Twitter battle

Comments

• Options
    _Matt_Matt Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with all of this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's basically KH trying once again to piggy-back on a far more successful person to try and get Twitter followers, media column inches and a national profile, isn't it? Nothing more. She's not talking common sense; she's not reflecting what anyone else is thinking, she's just being a tediuos big-gob.

What a massive yawn of a person.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robborocks wrote: »
    Yes by telling Jules to continue posting how and where she wants I was looking for an argument.

Yes when she had already apologised and had the apology accepted. Sorted out like adults. Didn't need any further comment from anyone really.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Right, all is peaceful now on DS, what's happening on the twitter battle?
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Right, all is peaceful now on DS, what's happening on the twitter battle?

it's carnage Katie Hopkins slipped on some spilt frozen peas (don't know where they came from?) and then Danny Dyer used the wrong smiley....the Belgian Riot police are hosing down the scene as i type....
  • Options
    bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope I haven't upset you bootyache?:p:D

No, course not.

Just see if you can duck the peas. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    it's carnage Katie Hopkins slipped on some spilt frozen peas (don't know where they came from?) and then Danny Dyer used the wrong smiley....the Belgian Riot police are hosing down the scene as i type....

:blush::blush:

:p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah peas reign once more...
  • Options
    Forum Member

:D:blush::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bootyache wrote: »
    No, course not.

Just see if you can duck the peas. :cool:

Oh yes, I'm a right good ducker:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nitpikkin2 wrote: »
    Ah peas reign once more...

Class:)
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,749
    Forum Member
    _Matt wrote: »
    Just caught up with all of this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's basically KH trying once again to piggy-back on a far more successful person to try and get Twitter followers, media column inches and a national profile, isn't it? Nothing more. She's not talking common sense; she's not reflecting what anyone else is thinking, she's just being a tediuos big-gob.

What a massive yawn of a person.

Very true!

We should have a guessing game on who will be her next target ;-)

First prize ... Giant pack of frozen petit pois!
  • Options
    Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually Katies little funny faces the ones she often pulled at the end of her sentences on big brother could be the equivalent of smilies.. :o
  • Options
    xXxAnneAxXxxXxAnneAxXx Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually Katies little funny faces the ones she often pulled at the end of her sentences on big brother could be the equivalent of smilies.. :o

They removed the ones I can think of in the big sort out here last year.
    Rollseyes and Zzzzzz
    None of the actual smiles would fit. I'll ask my teenage grandkids, they'll know.;-)
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jeez out with the ice creams and popcorn then! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is interesting...

Take a look at @LondonMoods's Tweet: https://twitter.com/LondonMoods/status/574872733001084928?s=09

Happiness moods for London on twitter. Hopkins causing more sad moods than happy ones. People feeling the love from Harry Styles
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, I'm a right good ducker:cool:

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

I can't see a ucking thing. These smilies are daft.

I thought there for a mo you swore. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Carole Smilie's sister. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

I can't see a ucking thing. These smilies are daft.

I thought there for a mo you swore. :o

Moi swear, never:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moi swear, never:o

I'm joking. :);-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm joking. :);-)

I thought so:)
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    Hi sheff

Thank you for your reply. It's really appreciated. :)

BIB. IMO, that is seriously ridiculous. How in the world can anyone allow a forum to effect them like that? The mind does boggle.

As you can see my post regarding smilies was sincere. I don't go around the net joining other forums so I'm unaware of this. I post in here with the utmost care and forum ettiquette is important to me as it is in my real life. Manners and being nice cost nothing. But that doesn't mean I suffer fools gladly. (That is not aimed at you personally, it is a general comment)

I can't tell you who to post to or what to say but I will suggest this. And it's only a suggestion by me. One could have done a post regarding forum smilies but not quoting another poster. It can be just as valid done on it's own to inform the forum of awareness regarding smilies.

As you can now see even forum members here in DS who have been here a number of years were unaware of this behaviour regarding smilies.

I will finish with this. :):):)

That's fine, and yes in hindsight would've saved a few pages on here :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Regarding the Hopkins twittering, it seems she's moved onto commenting on a show called Benefits Britain today - maybe because Eastenders wasn't on tonight, so no Danny to prod? :)
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    sheff71 wrote: »
    Regarding the Hopkins twittering, it seems she's moved onto commenting on a show called Benefits Britain today - maybe because Eastenders wasn't on tonight, so no Danny to prod? :)

she's so brave.
    what did she call herself? oh yes "The frontline of freedom of speech" ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    she's so brave.
    what did she call herself? oh yes "The frontline of freedom of speech" ^_^

Isn't Frontline the treatment for cat fleas? :)