Options

ITV - you have surpassed yourself at putting out crap pic quality tonight (Liv vs Che

m_lm_l Posts: 584
Forum Member
✭✭
It's almost as if there's someone at ITV doing this on purpose - this has to go down as the worst quality I've seen on their Champions League footage ever.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed it too. Someone should do a comparison with tomorrow night's game, which will be in stunning high definition!
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    Seems perfectly fine to me. Maybe its your tv?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,726
    Forum Member
    Don't know what your on about, this quality is better than sky sports hd!!!!

(Joke):D absolutely appauling quality, whats the bit rate 0.001 bits per second?:D

keep hearing commentators saying Balack, think they are watching same quality as us ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    It's not good is it. A lot of blocking even on my plasma.

What is about ITV and their champions league coverage. Do they purposely go out to broadcast sports in the lowest possible quality?

They should be dropped or stripped of the rights as they have been for F1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITV HD is launching in the summer, though, isn't it? Everything will be alright!
  • Options
    beatlesaintbeatlesaint Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When people complain about the picture quality on ITV's live Champions league games I often think to myself "well its not that bad, perhaps i have a really good tv" BUT tonight the PQ is absolutely shocking.

Its almost like watching a bootleg DVD of a new film.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,726
    Forum Member
    lpayne7 wrote: »
    ITV HD is launching in the summer, though, isn't it? Everything will be alright!

Finally quality SD transmissions from itv:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    m_l wrote: »
    It's almost as if there's someone at ITV doing this on purpose - this has to go down as the worst quality I've seen on their Champions League footage ever.

I think the picture is pretty good by itv standards pity their standards are so far behind everyone.

Pity Liverpool vs Chelsea is now and the fact ITV is launching a HD channel in the summer isn't a lot of good tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I've had to move to the other end of the sofa so I'm not quite as close to the TV! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Deleted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Seems perfectly fine to me. Maybe its your tv?

Maybe the PQ of your TV is shocking all the time so you haven't noticed the appauling quality of the game tonight :confused:

I've let the missus turn over and put Holby City on - that's a gauge for how bad it really is :D
  • Options
    hdfanhdfan Posts: 1,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said in the other thread, what do you expect from a channel that tries to pass off Beat The Star as entertainment? :rolleyes:

Listen to it on Five Live radio instead like me.
  • Options
    Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On my Pio 4280, the picture through my HD box, via HDMI, is not good, however, through RGB scart, It's not too bad.

Freeview is best at the moment!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Freeview is even worse. Watching through a HD box just about makes it watchable.

As others have said it's up to usual ITV champions league standards.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it depends how your TV handles SD.

Poor match though anyway!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is normal ITV piss poor PQ.

Thank god sky have the Barca Man Utd game AND in HD tomo night.

Gotta wonder what next seaons champs league is gonna b like with ITV on ITV HD.

I doubt ITV HD will be about for the champ league final, and even if it is, i think Sky Sports make the best anyway
  • Options
    b.leverb.lever Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu_oz wrote: »
    Maybe the PQ of your TV is shocking all the time so you haven't noticed the appauling quality of the game tonight :confused:

I've let the missus turn over and put Holby City on - that's a gauge for how bad it really is :D

superb on sky latest panasonic tv 26 inch .no problems with that .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately the sound is ok so I can hear the scouse w*nkfest that passes for ITV's commentary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mclarenf1 wrote: »

I doubt ITV HD will be about for the champ league final, and even if it is, i think Sky Sports make the best anyway

Yeah, It will be interesting to see how they perform as ITV HD, Sky Sports HD is the best for sure!

I hope the PQ is at least as good as the current Channel 4 HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mclarenf1 wrote: »

As Sky have been selected as the host broadcaster for this ears final ITV would just get the HD feed off them.
  • Options
    gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just compared itv between sky hd and v+ for the liverpool game terrible pic quality on sky but the v+ picture really sharp.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    London is running at a shade over 3200kbps

The Meridian / Yorkshire tp is pretty horrible at about 10% less

STV isnt bad - similar to London

Rough averages taken with Bitrate Viewer 1.4 over about 30 seconds on my dreambox

Remember all the ITV regions are showing the same content& when theres fast action on the screen theres nothing for the "statmuxing" (on the fly redistribution of bitrates) technology to work with.

At the end of the day ITV need more tp capacity
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    b.lever wrote: »
    superb on sky latest panasonic tv 26 inch .no problems with that .
    You must be sitting a reasonable distance from quite a small TV. There is no way any TV can look good from close up with that signal- sorry it just isn't possible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    I have noticed it too. Someone should do a comparison with tomorrow night's game, which will be in stunning high definition!

Both JPG, so not the best quality (BMP was 10MB, so i compressed it to 400KB JPG)... But the difference can be seen likewise ;)
    If you want BMP, I can upload it.

SD (ITV London):
    http://img28.picoodle.com/img/img28/4/4/22/f_itvm_e8b0d39.jpg

HD (Premiere HD):
    http://img28.picoodle.com/img/img28/4/4/22/f_hdm_4349a3a.jpg

I can also upload a snapshot from Premiere Sport SD if you like to see one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FWIW - Thomas Cook TV are running approx the same bitrate as the better ITV regions!!!!

:D:D