Options

Another day, another Goody article...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    Huffy1968 wrote: »
    Fourth!

I would at this point ask this question of everyone here: If Goody is using her illness as a PR/cash making exercise, do we think it is a succesful one? I say no, it isnt. Purely from a press perspective, the silence from some quarters is deafening. The Sun of course pulled their excerpts from her book after only two days, possibly due to an avalanche of negative comments made on the Sun website. The post-op stories are now few and far between.

With that in mind, what next? Is she keeping quiet now because her profile is possibly even lower than before? Has she something "big" planned? Or do others think this due to her actually having the treatment she claims..?

I think she might have been advised to keep a low profile by either her PR people or perhaps even her doctors assuming that we give her the benefit of the doubt that the cancer/treatment thing is true.

If it is true and she is having daily chemo, then I would imagine that she's feeling pretty awful right at this moment and hardly in a position to make public appearances.

If it isn't then the silence is probably a way of calling off the baying hounds.

Either way, it's a good thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God love her she looks like one of them dinner ladies that draw them on a bit too heavy

Poor girl she has a real struggle ahead of her
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    passion wrote: »
    God love her she looks like one of them dinner ladies that draw them on a bit too heavy

Poor girl she has a real struggle ahead of her

Yes, theatrical friends tell me it’s the matinées that are the real killer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't even respond to that
  • Options
    MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You just did :p
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    More Jade news:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1858793.ece

I supoose she has to do all she can to steal the headlines from Kezza. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    yorkieUKyorkieUK Posts: 2,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    More Jade news:

I supoose she has to do all she can to steal the headlines from Kezza. :rolleyes:

Amazing how the Sun reporters knew she was going to be there! And Jade give her permission for the pictures too - what a heroine - not the Sun give a shit anyway of who they report on. I wonder how much she charged them?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade being photographed in tears? What were the chances of that happening!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yorkieUK wrote: »
    Amazing how the Sun reporters knew she was going to be there! And Jade give her permission for the pictures too - what a heroine - not the Sun give a shit anyway of who they report on. I wonder how much she charged them?

It makes me so cynical.!!!! Why does she have to make such a drama out of being ill. She is not alone with this disease, and is NOT preforming some public service. It is all so gratuitous and self serving.How these famous people can justify capitalising on sickness is just beyond narcissistic, and manipulative for public emotional blackmail for sympathy.And Jade is not the first nor the last to do this.Kylie stared it in a big way, whilst pretending not to say one word herself ( she got her people to do all the ooh aah to press) and now having seen her fame shoot sky high on back of it they are all onto the darn thing.

One does not hear or read about Liz Taylor unbelievable 22 or so operations, and near death health issues-to her immense credit and she has been ill in some form or another since she was young.Nor Aimee Osborne or Melissa Etheridge,Sheryl Crowe,Marianne Faithful and so many others.
    It is always the middle of the road celebs. who trumpet loudest.Either cleverly like Minogue with her press experience, or crudely like Jade with little press experience.
  • Options
    Alice SAlice S Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Stewing wrote: »
    One does not hear or read about Liz Taylor unbelievable 22 or so operations, and near death health issues-to her immense credit and she has been ill in some form or another since she was young.Nor Aimee Osborne or Melissa Etheridge,Sheryl Crowe,Marianne Faithful and so many others.
    It is always the middle of the road celebs. who trumpet loudest.Either cleverly like Minogue with her press experience, or crudely like Jade with little press experience.

Were you around in the 60's Stewing?
    I was and remember seeing and hearing about La Taylor's health scares on a daily basis.

And as per Kylie gets wheeled in for some flak. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vermin wrote: »
    Jade being photographed in tears? What were the chances of that happening!
    Those pictures are so staged and I doubt the paps are outside the hospital everyday waiting for Jade..she has no shame has she? why did she cut her hair so short, not all chemo patients lose their hair, everything she does is for drama and for the paps.
    Sad pathetic woman. Is Kerry getting too much attention this week?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    More Jade news:

AT the end of the day Jade can't do anything right now. When she was pictured looking really well people said 'how can she possibly be having chemo'. Now we have these pictures people are saying it's so staged.

And she still claims to be doing the panto?? Yeah right...
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    AT the end of the day Jade can't do anything right now. When she was pictured looking really well people said 'how can she possibly be having chemo'. Now we have these pictures people are saying it's so staged.

And she still claims to be doing the panto?? Yeah right...

But she doesn;t look ill... she just looks unhappy with a bad haircut. Pictures of her grizzling are commonplace.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,500
    Forum Member
    Mesostim wrote: »
    But she doesn;t look ill... she just looks unhappy with a bad haircut. Pictures of her grizzling are commonplace.

Take a closer look at Jades hair cut, If my hairdresser had left bald patches I would demand a refund...wouldn't you?

I didn't want to get involved in this one but really take a closer look.

ETA: On second thoughts don't, If Jade looks a picture of health in those photos to you, then there is no point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mzstake wrote: »
    Take a closer look at Jades hair cut, If my hairdresser had left bald patches I would demand a refund...wouldn't you?

I didn't want to get involved in this one but really take a proper look.

Where? Sorry but I don't see any bald patches and I'm not saying that to be argumentative
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NikkiClo wrote: »
    Those pictures are so staged and I doubt the paps are outside the hospital everyday waiting for Jade..she has no shame has she? why did she cut her hair so short, not all chemo patients lose their hair, everything she does is for drama and for the paps.
    Sad pathetic woman. Is Kerry getting too much attention this week?

I have to agree.

Who, in their right mind, would really want to (and agree to) be photographed in such a distressing situation? Its just awful.

You never once saw pictures of Kylie like that, in fact she and her family pleaded for privacy and the press gave it.

What really annoys me about Jade is that she has obviously tipped off the press to be there when she is, but what about other people having treatment there? Do they have to come out and face the press to? Is so unkind, thoughtless and cruel. I'm not coldhearted but I feel nothing for her at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where? Sorry but I don't see any bald patches and I'm not saying that to be argumentative

The photo where Jade is sitting on the wall but in my edit as I said it doesn't really matter. If you think Jade looks well then you are seeing something different to me.

Replied to the wrong person, sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The photo where Jade is sitting on the wall but in my edit as I said it doesn't really matter. If you think Jade looks well then you are seeing something different to me.

Where did I say I thought Jade was looking well?

On looking at that photo it just looks to me like the wind is blowing her hair that way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where did I say I thought Jade was looking well?

On looking at that photo it just looks to me like the wind is blowing her hair that way.

Yes I realised I quoted the wrong person ^. Sorry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    It should be obvious that Jade and co have been reading this forum (and others) that have criticized her for smiling and looking so well, opening new businesses, and doing constant interviews, and this staged photo shoot is the response. She does not look ill; she is just crying her same old crocodile tears, which she has admitted she can do on cue. What person over the age of 5 would make those horrible sobbing faces in public in order to be photographed? No one that I have ever met! But she has staged half a dozen photo shoots of her crying in feigned self-pity over the last few years, thinking that will endear her to the GBP. It certainly doesn't endear her to me. If she had a bad chemo session (which I totally doubt), she would have her mom take her directly home, and not take time to sit down sobbing so the prearranged paps can take more 'heartrending' photos.

Sorry, but IMO Jade is not going thru cancer treatment, because she never had cancer. And if by some remote chance she did, she is hardly being "Brave Jade"!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I didn't want to get involved in this one but really take a closer look.

ETA: On second thoughts don't, If Jade looks a picture of health in those photos to you, then there is no point.

I don't see any bald patches, only hair in need of a good combing.
    Sorry, but IMO Jade is not going thru cancer treatment, because she never had cancer. And if by some remote chance she did, she is hardly being "Brave Jade"!

I'm with you on this, DBM.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Ah, thanks, Vermin... thought I'd get attacked for this (although there's still time...)

One more point... if Jade is having daily chemo, why is this only her fourth treatment? She was in the papers weeks ago having her first one, so daily ones should have brought her into double figures by now!

She really has no clue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,142
    Forum Member
    Ah, thanks, Vermin... thought I'd get attacked for this (although there's still time...)

One more point... if Jade is having daily chemo, why is this only her fourth treatment? She was in the papers weeks ago having her first one, so daily ones should have brought her into double figures by now!

She really has no clue.

Yes but....the papers misquote and make things up all the time DBM, we all know that!!!;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She really has no clue.

The inconsistencies just keep building up, don't they?

I see no bald patches either. Her hair looks like she's just gotten out of bed.
  • Options
    holymozesholymozes Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello People

Don't want to comment on the illness side, but as for the eyebrows- ghastly, far too dark and look as though they have been drawn on.

Not the best advert for her beauty salon. Out of interest is this like a regular tattoo, will these remain there forever or do these type of tattoos fade?