Now he's turned into a comical, depressive lover lol

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    <bump>

sorry...

bud didn't he play a violent drunk before?

Don't get me wrong enjoying the character, just wondered if there was any explanation for his "change".
  • Options
    kreed82kreed82 Posts: 3,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A change in producers = change in philosophy..Steve mcfadden has also aged maybe he would look silly playing the tough guy now
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MMMojo1960 wrote: »
    Didn't Phil used to be a violent drunk?

Now he's turned into a comical, depressive lover lol

It's a totally new character written by people who didn't see the programme a few years ago.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    he gets very violent towards peggy next week i think!
    it was in the daily star today with a pic
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sick of it now, bring back tough Phil and sort out Cotten

kinda sucks now they are ruining him
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    It's a totally new character written by people who didn't see the programme a few years ago.

What rubbish :rolleyes:. Phil goes on the bottle every two-to-three years, do you really think the show would take on writers that have such little knowledge of the show's recent history?
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member

Yes..

because being 48 now, more portly than he used to be, at peace with the one that made him that way (his brother) and having got his child back, he's not at all likely to have mellowed.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What rubbish :rolleyes:. Phil goes on the bottle every two-to-three years, do you really think the show would take on writers that have such little knowledge of the show's recent history?

Yes I do.:)
  • Options
    Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1028120&highlight=phil+nick
  • Options
    kreed82kreed82 Posts: 3,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huh? this century is 9 y/o and he has on fallen off the wagon twice..There was the time after stella and there is now.

So I dont know where you got this information that he goes on the bottle annually.. Its almost a certainty that everyone on the writing staff in the mid 90s is no longer working on the show..So of course these writers are trying to put their on stamp on things cuz he certainly wasnt a jolly old drunkard all those years ago
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He hasn't had any reason to get angry so far, no one's stood up to him. I think now Peggy's back she'll be shouting at him all day so we will begin to see his anger get out of control again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    i think its because no one has actually tried to stop him or made him confront why he is drinking in the first place - when they do the rage will return. He used to play a happy drunk in the very beginning and was always comical (see the mitchell brothers spin off dvd where him and grant dance to Kung Foo Fighting - hilarious!) then he started drinking seriously to forget problems and then started being horrible to just about everyone.
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    Has everyone forgotten how violent he was towards Heather just a week ago? He was close to hitting her.
    SULLA wrote: »
    Yes I do.:)

Then you're not the expert you claim to be.
  • Options
    benny1982benny1982 Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    Phil hadn't been scary in ages before he confronted Heather. That scene was very gripping. But as it is a soap, Phil is not being charged for assault.
  • Options
    gingerballsgingerballs Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    also he did want to slap shirly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keller wrote: »
    Then you're not the expert you claim to be.

That can't be right!!!

Alright then, If the writers are aware of Phith's history, they appear to have ignored it
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    he gets violent with peggy and also hits billy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil was a good character but really since the Stella story line he really had not had nothing to go by, Ben hardly has a few words getting.