Options

Xmas Day 2009: Disastrous for soaps

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought Eastenders was great, Corrie was OK but Emmerdale wasn't very good - nothing happened
  • Options
    charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion Kim Crowther does crap Christmas episodes. :mad:
  • Options
    gizmocrystalgizmocrystal Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like all the soaps, but the only time when EE is really good is when someone gets killed.

Look how many murders there have been in it compared to Corrie!

I think corrie is more true to life with a mixture of humour/sadness as with true life really.

If there were as much killing in corrie as there is in EE people would be raving about it also!
  • Options
    open_endedopen_ended Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's Boxing Day episode would have been great as a part two of Christmas Day.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    I like all the soaps, but the only time when EE is really good is when someone gets killed.

I think corrie is more true to life with a mixture of humour/sadness as with true life really.

If there were as much killing in corrie as there is in EE people would be raving about it also!
    What rubbish! some of eastEnders best and most talked about storylines this year were not murders Stacey's Bi polor,the Tony king trial storylines.In fact look at past years EastEnders.You really should get the facts right first.

Whille we are on the subject of true life EastEnders is really the only soap to mention events going on in real life
    Micheal Jacksons death,9/11 world cup the list is endless
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

!

Like i've said - people obviousbly like it, which is why its always the highest rated Soap on xmas.... if they wanted, as you've put a lovely mixture of humour..Corrie would come out NO.1, but nope, its EE time and time again. There is no need to change, they win every xmas :P

Personally to, Corries Humour is like the worst, eurgh, i cannot believe that passes as humour, its totally not funny [imo]
  • Options
    gizmocrystalgizmocrystal Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    What rubbish! some of eastEnders best and most talked about storylines this year were not murders Stacey's Bi polor,the Tony king trial storylines.In fact look at past years EastEnders.You really should get the facts right first.

Whille we are on the subject of true life EastEnders is really the only soap to mention events going on in real life
    Micheal Jacksons death,9/11 world cup the list is endless

At the end of the day they are all fiction dipicting real life events and all three have there great times and bad times IMO
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imnotok!! wrote: »
    Before you attempt to push your self righteous opinion on John Bardon (Jim Branning.)
    He decided to come back to work! It was his choice, and I feel john being back on screen brings a realistic approach to the fact that both himself and character has had a stroke. If he was not well enough to work, I am sure his doctor would have stopped him by now. He has been on and off our screen for near enough 6 months now!

Sorry Corrie is not as good as EE. (fact or 'opinion'? LOL) But no need to right utter rubbish to suit yourself.
    I don't watch corrie but I would never come on here and post a one sided opinion because your soap didn't do as well in the ratings!

I have no interest in how ANY soap did in the ratings, but it's interesting that you seem to get so steamed about someone voicing an opinion, which is all it is & something I am entitled to.
    If anyone shouldn't be entitled to an opinion, it's those who think it's all out war on here & cannot differentiate between 'right' & 'write'
    Many thanks & have a happy new year.
  • Options
    charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »

Personally to, Corries Humour is like the worst, eurgh, i cannot believe that passes as humour, its totally not funny [imo]

It's like totally the best in my opinion, it nearly always wins the comedy award at the British Soap Awards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeah is a rabid Eastenders 'fan' & cannot (contractual obligations?) say anything remotely praisey about another soap opera.

Hope this helps?
  • Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    EastEnders was phenominal. Emmerdale was Fantastic and Coronation Street was terrible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Squire wrote: »
    I have no interest in how ANY soap did in the ratings, but it's interesting that you seem to get so steamed about someone voicing an opinion, which is all it is & something I am entitled to.
    If anyone shouldn't be entitled to an opinion, it's those who think it's all out war on here & cannot differentiate between 'right' & 'write'

What a load of rot you write Squire, and thats my opinion. For someone who doesnt seem to like the british soaps, you go on about them a lot on this forum dont you? Or maybe you do it on purpose to get a rise out of people. Anyway (In my opinion) your assessment of the soaps is just plain wrong!

What a silly fool you are (just my opinion!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its FACT! The rating's and award's proved it this year :rolleyes:
    Eastender's topped the rating's Christmas day, which meant more people wanted to watch EE than Corrie :rolleyes:

Sometimes the both soap's can be utter dire. But for the past few years, EE has been the better soap at Christmas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I dont think you can say that ALL the soaps failed!! Look at the ratings, Eastenders was the highest watched program all christmas!!! with nearly half of the overall viewers watching it.

Now corrie and Emmerdale is a different story!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah is a rabid Eastenders 'fan' & cannot (contractual obligations?) say anything remotely praisey about another soap opera.

Hope this helps?

:rolleyes:Wrong. Actually i can take negatives of EE but some people on here moan, moan, moan about everything.. every little thing, and tbh it gets a little Yano :yawn: . For example the contanst nickpicks, sure they could do some research, but then again its a soap!!! If everything was right, it would be so mundane, just boring wouldnt it? Trust me, if i could i would say something positive about the others, but i just dont get them. I used to watch Corrie, and even prefer it over EE (:eek:), then it got really dire, then EE has just been my fave, but what i was saying to that poster was when i did watch it, the comedy was nuffin' big imo.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bleaney wrote: »
    What a load of rot you write Squire, and thats my opinion. For someone who doesnt seem to like the british soaps, you go on about them a lot on this forum dont you? Or maybe you do it on purpose to get a rise out of people. Anyway (In my opinion) your assessment of the soaps is just plain wrong!

What a silly fool you are (just my opinion!)

I agree, hah i dont even know why i've just bothered replying. What is Squire doing in here if he dosent even like soaps?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont remember saying I didn't like them?
    I said they were appalling efforts over Christmas & that was my opinion.
    It has resulted in me being called a fool, by someone who cannot (not you Leaah, Bleaney) understand written English.
    You could not make this place up........The likes of Bleaney must live in cloud cuckoo land, where every bit of criticism is stamped out & the plebs are told to like it or lump it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    In my opinion Kim Crowther does crap Christmas episodes. :mad:

This is my opinion too. It doesn't take a creative genius to work out that Christmas Day calls for a bit more humour and a bit less of deathly illnesses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people (read: everyone) in this opinionated thread might find this useful:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=boiling_blood

Item 2 :p
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    IN YOUR OPINION:rolleyes:
    who are you to say that? People are raving about it, maybe, just maybe because they liked it? Sorry the same aint been done about your precious Corrie:sleep::yawn:, but it will have to try harder because from looking at the thread, seems most people were far from impressed!!!!

DS doesn't reflect public opinion anyway and Eastenders was poor as it has been since 2003.

You never can take criticism on Eastenders with who ever goes against you're opinion, its not the best soap as you claim it to be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont remember saying I didn't like them?
    I said they were appalling efforts over Christmas & that was my opinion.
    It has resulted in me being called a fool, by someone who cannot (not you Leaah, Bleaney) understand written English.
    You could not make this place up........The likes of Bleaney must live in cloud cuckoo land, where every bit of criticism is stamped out & the plebs are told to like it or lump it?

Where Can I not understand written English? You seem sensitive to criticism of being called a fool, yet you call others plebs??

Why go on a forum just to rubbish something and give no constructive criticism??

You are a fool!