Options

The Beyoncé Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's releasing two singles at once here, Love On Top and Countdown. Bad decision.

Really? How do you know? No offence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    This era is a mess but whatever. I just HOPE she benefits from Xmas sales by releasing the epic I Care or I Was Here! Anyway this made me laugh soooooooo much lmao, watch this everyone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brJbXRBDfcU&feature=related
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's releasing two singles at once here, Love On Top and Countdown. Bad decision.

Do you have a source?
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Beyonce is always supported on the music channels.

I haven't heard it on the radio yet though. :(

Is it a 'proper' single?

I don't think it is, is was originally just a promo song.

This era has been a bit of a mess tbh. But the album is amazing. I really hope they don't release Love On Top and Countdown together. What they should've done is released End Of Time in the summer. That HAS to be released at some point.
  • Options
    purpleteardropspurpleteardrops Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=133675

There's a list of all single releases for this year. It's always right.

They're both listed as being released on the 31st of October.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LoveBug. wrote: »
    This era is a mess but whatever. I just HOPE she benefits from Xmas sales by releasing the epic I Care or I Was Here! Anyway this made me laugh soooooooo much lmao, watch this everyone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brJbXRBDfcU&feature=related

LOL that was hilarious. Why was she trying to sing it so fast? no wonder she kept messing up :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind Countdown being released now (just not with Love On Top), then I Was Here for xmas, but I don't know if that would be a tight fit releasing a new song 2 months after one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well at least her releasing at the end of October pretty much confirms she'll be performing on X-Factor which should get the song into the top 3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well at least her releasing at the end of October pretty much confirms she'll be performing on X-Factor which should get the song into the top 3.

I really hope she gets a X Factor spot. However I think it could be better if she performed the same night that ITV show her 'night with Beyoncé' type show. That would be brilliant promo.

Wow people with her performance and them wow them again with some more ;). Will definitely bump up sales a little.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actually performing in December might not be a good idea considering she's pregnant. I guess she could do a ballad, or just not move too much lol.
  • Options
    Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Actually performing in December might not be a good idea considering she's pregnant. I guess she could do a ballad, or just not move too much lol.

I don't think we'll see her on X Factor this year unless she performs earlier on in the lives, because during her third trimester it's advised not to fly and I can't see Bey leaving NY in the last few months of the year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash's Man wrote: »
    I don't think we'll see her on X Factor this year unless she performs earlier on in the lives, because during her third trimester it's advised not to fly and I can't see Bey leaving NY in the last few months of the year.

Beyoncé could do a live satellite performance from NY for the X Factor Christmas finale, even if she's just sat in a chair. It's better than nothing.

Love On Top/Countdown together seems a bit random. Is it a double-single release like what she did with the IASF era?

I wouldn't mind Countdown being released on it's own.

Release wise this era has been a mess, End of Time would have been a brilliant release in August.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see how the single releases this era have been a mess. On paper, Run The World probably seemed like the perfect choice. I can see why she went with it. I don't think anyone expected it to be disliked as much as it was. Then BTINH...perfect single choice!! I doubt End Of Time will be released. It's one of my favorites, but she is pregnant at the end of the day, so she can't exactly go around promoting it properly. She's done a video for it though so I'm guessing it will be a promo single, or else she my release it as a single sometime next year. I think Countdown and Love On Top are both good choices. We've seen her perform them both already (Roseland Ballroom, VMA's) and she can perform them without needing to do a dance routine. I think that she'll perform them both on XF in October when they're released. Then I think she'll release 'I Was Here' in December.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do people keep saying "oh she can't do this, she's pregnant"
    If Paula Radcliffe can run a marathon at 5/6 months pregnant, then Beyonce is well able to do some promo for the next few months. Of course every women needs to take it easy when pregnant but excuses need to stop being made for Beyonce. I am not trying to sound like a bitch, im just saying.

Even Madonna made Evita while pregnant with Lourdes. If anyone has seen that film, you can tell it's must of been exhausting to make.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    But we don't know how many months she is and she will obviously want to be precautious since it's her first baby and all.. Promotion will be limited because she can't fly out during the later stages and I'm sure she'll just want to relax and enjoy it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a342492/beyonce-confirms-new-4-single-countdown.html

So the next single is Countdown. Good choice I think. Anyone else think its quite timely given the 'coutdown' to her pregnancy?! I do like this song, it should peform pretty well I think - Top 10 at least surely? I dunno how much she'll promote it though? Surely if she does it will be on The X Factor? Does anyone have exact figures for 4 in the UK? She seems to be doing pretty well in that its still in the Top 40, pretty high. I think Beyonce has reached a stage in her career where her fame and popularity and standing are basically ensured, she will always chart, is a certified name and recognised performer. She's always topical.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's also sending Love On Top to radio on that same day...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's also sending Love On Top to radio on that same day...

Not sure quite why she is doing this but I think Love On Top is alright. Will radio play them both though? Its confused. At least with I Am..Sasha Fierce there was a reasoning behind it.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't get enough of Love on top, She should be pushing that one more. It's short but good chart run after VMA appearance showed great interest anyway,

I love countdown though,

I read 4's sales are about 300k.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poplar wrote: »
    Not sure quite why she is doing this but I think Love On Top is alright. Will radio play them both though? Its confused. At least with I Am..Sasha Fierce there was a reasoning behind it.

Honestly it's a bad decision to send two songs to radio at the same time as radios commonly get confused with two tracks i.e Man Down and CKB and they only end up focusing on one.

I just don't think Beyonce's heart is in the era any more since she now has other priorities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly it's a bad decision to send two songs to radio at the same time as radios commonly get confused with two tracks i.e Man Down and CKB and they only end up focusing on one.

I just don't think Beyonce's heart is in the era any more since she now has other priorities.

300k is alright really isn't it? Its only been out about 2 months, by Christmas it should hit 500 easily I reckon. I agree with you, she's basically wasting the chance of releasing Love On Top and it being successful later. The era has been confused, and I can believe she is no longer focused on it as keenly as she once was. She is probably less hungry for success given how established she is now. She also has other business interests to pursue and think about. And the pregnancy must now trump everything. Still, 4 has done well and she is still successful; she's definitely found her niche. I guess that means we'll be getting a new single around February after Love On Top/Countdown?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    300k is alright really isn't it? Its only been out about 2 months, by Christmas it should hit 500 easily I reckon. I agree with you, she's basically wasting the chance of releasing Love On Top and it being successful later. The era has been confused, and I can believe she is no longer focused on it as keenly as she once was. She is probably less hungry for success given how established she is now. She also has other business interests to pursue and think about. And the pregnancy must now trump everything. Still, 4 has done well and she is still successful; she's definitely found her niche. I guess that means we'll be getting a new single around February after Love On Top/Countdown?

I'd say 500k is a stretch considering she won't be doing promotion most likely I'd say finishing more around 400/450k.

This is the YTD album sales for this country as of Sunday just gone.

1 - 3095400 - Adele - 21
    2 - 1031400 - Adele - 19
    3 - 741800 - Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans
    4 - 707400 - Rihanna - Loud
    5 - 571400 - Lady Gaga - Born This Way
    6 - 553800 - Jessie J - Who You Are
    7 - 436000 - Take That - Progress
    8 - 400600 - Cee-Lo Green - Lady Killer
    9 - 382600 - Chase & Status - No More Idols
    10 - 358600 - Plan B - Defamation Of Strickland Banks
    11 - 344000 - Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
    12 - 307000 - Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
    13 - 294400 - Tinie Tempah - Disc-Overy
    14 - 290600 - Beyonce - 4
    15 - 272400 - Elbow - Build A Rocket Boys
    16 - 258400 - Overtones - Good Ol' Fashioned Love
    17 - 256800 - Rumer - Seasons Of My Soul
    18 - 254000 - Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
    19 - 250000 - Ellie Goulding - Lights
    20 - 248200 - Lady Gaga - Fame

She could probably get in the top ten considering the other albums will rise as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say 500k is a stretch considering she won't be doing promotion most likely I'd say finishing more around 400/450k.

This is the YTD album sales for this country as of Sunday just gone.

1 - 3095400 - Adele - 21
    2 - 1031400 - Adele - 19
    3 - 741800 - Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans
    4 - 707400 - Rihanna - Loud
    5 - 571400 - Lady Gaga - Born This Way
    6 - 553800 - Jessie J - Who You Are
    7 - 436000 - Take That - Progress
    8 - 400600 - Cee-Lo Green - Lady Killer
    9 - 382600 - Chase & Status - No More Idols
    10 - 358600 - Plan B - Defamation Of Strickland Banks
    11 - 344000 - Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
    12 - 307000 - Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
    13 - 294400 - Tinie Tempah - Disc-Overy
    14 - 290600 - Beyonce - 4
    15 - 272400 - Elbow - Build A Rocket Boys
    16 - 258400 - Overtones - Good Ol' Fashioned Love
    17 - 256800 - Rumer - Seasons Of My Soul
    18 - 254000 - Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
    19 - 250000 - Ellie Goulding - Lights
    20 - 248200 - Lady Gaga - Fame

She could probably get in the top ten considering the other albums will rise as well.

Thank you. Cee-Lo has pretty done well hasn't he? He's sold all those albums basically off the back of F*ck You, very successful though it was. I didn't expect him to be up there. Gnarls Barkley weren't that big. Off-topic anyway. Where do you reckon her single(s) will chart? An appearance on The X Factor will definitely help. Of course she has also filmed her ITV1 special for December, that will help shift a fair few albums and singles. I would expect her to go Top 5 defo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. Cee-Lo has pretty done well hasn't he? He's sold all those albums basically off the back of F*ck You, very successful though it was. I didn't expect him to be up there. Gnarls Barkley weren't that big. Off-topic anyway. Where do you reckon her single(s) will chart? An appearance on The X Factor will definitely help. Of course she has also filmed her ITV1 special for December, that will help shift a fair few albums and singles. I would expect her to go Top 5 defo.

Yeah with a great video I can see her next single/s doing well. She has a lot of hype around her at the moment with this baby and attention over what she will do next so I hope she uses it to her advantage. X-Factor depends on how far along she's gone as you're not a loud to fly past a certain stage of pregnancy. She should perform on the October 30th live show.

But I see a #5/#4 peak but by God the charts will be hectic and competitive come November.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah with a great video I can see her next single/s doing well. She has a lot of hype around her at the moment with this baby and attention over what she will do next so I hope she uses it to her advantage. X-Factor depends on how far along she's gone as you're not a loud to fly past a certain stage of pregnancy. She should perform on the October 30th live show.

But I see a #5/#4 peak but by God the charts will be hectic and competitive come November.

I agree with you. She has the buzz, and if she is on The X Factor I could see it getting a No.2 or 3. The album will shoot back up then as well. I dunno if she'll ever get a No. 1 from this album? Not that it matters.
This discussion has been closed.