Options

I am so gutted about James :(

Comments

• Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave X Factor another chance after not watching for 3 or 4 years, but I'm officially done for good. I thought it would be different with different judges, but it's worse.

This is cruel! It's not entertaining, it's not good tv, it's destroying poor kids' chances before they even get the chance.:cry::cry::cry:

I swear, no more X Factor for me ever again!

I know someone has to go every week, but the whole point of live shows is judges have done their judging, now the public get their chance. We don't even get to do that after the producers ensure that we're invested.

I know it causes lots of "chatter" on twitter, but I can't imagine much of it is positive.

I'm so upset for the ones that go tonight, I hate the manipulation of their feelings for "entertainment".

I knew this might happen though and didn't watch last night or tonight just watched headline on DS.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    I gave X Factor another chance after not watching for 3 or 4 years, but I'm officially done for good. I thought it would be different with different judges, but it's worse.

This is cruel! It's not entertaining, it's not good tv, it's destroying poor kids' chances before they even get the chance.:cry::cry::cry:

This is the first year I haven't watched and it feels great! And after seeing a headline pop up when I was on another part of the DS site, loads of people going first weekend? It has reinforced the fact, it's for ratings, they don't give a monkeys about the acts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds more like Frankie to me .....James audition and bottcamp performances were fantastic he had so much potential, much mor then Frankie and imo Craig - totally wrong decision.

Which is open to interpretation, of course. Craig IMO has a much, much better voice. Frankie is Frankie, and Gary knows that he has some sort of appeal that will keep him in the competition for a long time.

So for you, totally wrong decision. For me, totally right decision. James wasn't ready. He is in the same league as Luke Lucas. He's got some talent, but it's so unpolished that he is likely to get completely exposed at the first opportunity...and sure enough it happened.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a bad decision by Gary, I feel so sorry for James :(
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Alli-F wrote: »

I'm so upset for the ones that go tonight, I hate the manipulation of their feelings for "entertainment".

I agree so much - I thought it was horrible tonight, they didnt even get a chance :(
    benami311 wrote: »
    Which is open to interpretation, of course. Craig IMO has a much, much better voice. Frankie is Frankie, and Gary knows that he has some sort of appeal that will keep him in the competition for a long time.

So for you, totally wrong decision. For me, totally right decision. James wasn't ready. He is in the same league as Luke Lucas. He's got some talent, but it's so unpolished that he is likely to get completely exposed at the first opportunity...and sure enough it happened.

Craig has a good voice but I cant see a long term path for him maybe I will be proved but I dont see marketability with him, and Frankie for me is nearly as weak as Johnny.
    Such a bad decision by Gary, I feel so sorry for James :(

So true hannah :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    I'm not a particular fan of James, but sending home any of the boys over Frankie is a joke. The boy just can't sing. At all.
  • Options
    fanstar77fanstar77 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    I wish Frankie would just f*** off back to Hollywood then I could just relax.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    I thought Marcus should have gone.
  • Options
    Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought James gave by far and wide the worst performance yesterday. He was terrible, especially in the first half of the song and when Gary let him go I thought "good on x factor" for putting the performances first for once.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;53440107']I thought Marcus should have gone.

Marcus is Gary's best and most versatile vocalist by a mile. Craig's alright but he sings everything in a weird accent and his voice is a bit fake. Frankie's just crap.
  • Options
    rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ': wrote:
    Hannah;53440107']I thought Marcus should have gone.

I think he is great, but has he got the xfactor? but I like him:D
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    Tweet Gary and tell him your feelings. @GBarlowOfficial
  • Options
    PatchouiPatchoui Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    I don't get the appeal of Marcus. Thought he gave an awful performance.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    I thought James gave by far and wide the worst performance yesterday. He was terrible, especially in the first half of the song and when Gary let him go I thought "good on x factor" for putting the performances first for once.

If it was down to the performance, then Frankie should have gone because he was dire.

James was given a poor song choice, and also, because of the situation they found themselves in, I think pressure got to a lot of them, including James.

But even so, he was still miles better than Frankie.

The public should have had the say, even if four had to go.
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James is SUCH a nice humble lad, I loved his answer when he was asked what he's learned from the process "to never change myself". :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig has a good voice but I cant see a long term path for him maybe I will be proved but I dont see marketability with him, and Frankie for me is nearly as weak as Johnny.

Of course Craig isn't going to win this. But even without the judges call tonight, he would have outlasted James before getting voted out shortly afterwards. No one in the boys category has a chance to make Top 5, save for Frankie.

It's interesting that you are thinking marketability here, considering that is what has saved Frankie to date through auditions/bootcamp/JH, plus the outrage on this forum last year because the judges opted to save Cher Lloyd instead of Paije and Mary Byrne. Frankie has 100x more marketability than James right now. No one wants to watch a scared guy nervously strumming his guitar while his voice cracks. Frankie isn't the best singer, but is one of the better entertainers.

I would have agreed with you about James if he was a better performer (even with the same shaky voice). But he looked really, really uncomfortable on the stage. If he was more seasoned, I would have picked him probably over Craig, but he just wasn't ready this year.
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I think giving him The Carpenters version of a Beatles song to sing was a massive mistake. I really liked him and felt sorry for him yesterday. Chucked under the bus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, he didn't really get a chance to show what he is capable of, did he.

At least he loves music, whereas I suspect Frankie is in it to be famous and pull loads of girls.
  • Options
    I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    I loved his voice. I don't think the song choice last night was brilliant, but I could tell how good his voice was.
    I really think Frankie should have went, his voice is so weak, but at the end of the day, Gary was never gonna get rid of him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    I'm sick for him. He's a writer, a real musician who can play instruments, and he's dropped in favour of some gross rodent who has proudly stated that he just wants to be famous and sleep with a lot of women. Who can't bloody sing either.

So horrible tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shoot wrote: »
    I'm sick for him. He's a writer, a real musician who can play instruments, and he's dropped in favour of some gross rodent who has proudly stated that he just wants to be famous and sleep with a lot of women. Who can't bloody sing either.

So horrible tonight.

Thats the part I cannot understand, James has so much more potential when you factor in his ability as a musician and songwriter. He would also appeal to the younger voters who only care about looks. So much potential has been thrown away for a cheap tv trick.

I can see the Xfactor bossess thinking about megabucks of voting revenue from Frankie, but I cannot believe Marcus was saved over James.
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Song choice was totally unsuitable for his voice. Poor kid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    So what will happen now for James? He seemed genuinely talented and in need of a job.

Will Gary find him a job in the music industry or has he been used by Xfactor for some first night publicity and spat out?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt so sorry for James :( I really thought he had so much potential. As much as I respect Gary as a judge, I think he was blinded by the £££ signs and Frankie :(
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benami311 wrote: »
    Of course Craig isn't going to win this. But even without the judges call tonight, he would have outlasted James before getting voted out shortly afterwards. No one in the boys category has a chance to make Top 5, save for Frankie.

It's interesting that you are thinking marketability here, considering that is what has saved Frankie to date through auditions/bootcamp/JH, plus the outrage on this forum last year because the judges opted to save Cher Lloyd instead of Paije and Mary Byrne. Frankie has 100x more marketability than James right now. No one wants to watch a scared guy nervously strumming his guitar while his voice cracks. Frankie isn't the best singer, but is one of the better entertainers.

I would have agreed with you about James if he was a better performer (even with the same shaky voice). But he looked really, really uncomfortable on the stage. If he was more seasoned, I would have picked him probably over Craig, but he just wasn't ready this year.

That's what his voice sounds like - it didn't crack. I expect you think Macy Gray has laryngitis when she sings........