Anyone going to see Paranormal Activity 3?

TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I liked the first one, 2 had its moments, so I've high hopes for this installment.

[news]'Paranormal Activity 3': What's the early buzz on the horror sequel?[/news]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    off to a preview screening tomorrow. will let you know what i think
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    reviews seem to be really good so far. Think I might wait for the Bluray though. Don't know if I can stand groups of pain in the backside teenagers talking throughout the film this time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    reviews seem to be really good so far. Think I might wait for the Bluray though. Don't know if I can stand groups of pain in the backside teenagers talking throughout the film this time.

Tell me about it... they totally ruined Paranormal Activity 2 for me!
  • wodder18wodder18 Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Seeing a preview of this tomorrow night, can't wait loved the first 2.
  • ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be seeing this too. Thought the second outclassed the first actually, with the added benefit of the daytime shocks also.

I suspect this might be a movie too far, but if it's (hopefully) the final part of the story then will be good to see it all brought to a conclusion.

I do hope there's room for adult Katie in the film, also...;)
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They talk because they are frightened, but are trying to cover it up. Quite funny really.
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 and 2 bored me alot, was like watching a most haunted episode.

Hope 3 is better.
  • wodder18wodder18 Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Just got back from a preview of this, way scarier than the first 2 put together, an improvement on the last film but not quite as good as the first 3.5/5.
  • aclevernameaclevername Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll definitely be seeing it. Really liked the first 2. Found them genuinely scary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wont even watch this when it comes on free TV. The first was one of the poorest films I've ever seen, and I have no desire to watch the second.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    Yeah, am looking forward to this. Seems a lot better then PA2 seeing the trailers. Will it be better then PA1 though???:confused:
  • Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just came back from seeing it...it was brilliant!

However there were loads that was cut from the film that was in the trailer.
    This is what WASNT in the film:
    • Kristie jumping off the banister and walking back up the stairs
    • The 2 girls saying Bloody Mary 3 times by the mirror
    • Kristie throwing the water by the painting and her mum grabbing her.
    • NO Priest/Clairvoyent man in the film AT ALL, in the trailer he enters the cupboard and is at the table.
    • Little girl in the car
    • The mum being thrown onto the bed....

NONE of this was in the film...strange. I presume the DVD is gonna be uncut.
  • Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been to see it and was pretty good and jumpy..until the last 15 mins then it just became crap really
  • rybevrybev Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've no desire to see any of these.
    I realise there are many genres, styles of films but black & white hidden camera CCTV style images real irritate me so these are just a total turn off to me.
    And I'm fairly sure each one is just the same kind of thing albeit in a different house.
  • TremseTremse Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got back from a preview showing and it had some decent scary bits, not sure what to make of the ending and it was annoying that so many scenes from the trailer weren't in the film. I suppose they'll be DVD extras.

8/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    I loved it, it was really scary! But the film has NOTHING from the trailer. I don't mind the odd cut, but they took out everything!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Tremse wrote: »
    and it was annoying that so many scenes from the trailer weren't in the film. I suppose they'll be DVD extras

I'm actually really glad that hardly any of the jumpy bits from the trailer were in the actual film, there's nothing worse than seeing a horror film and realising that you've seen all the scares in the trailer. It also added a bit of misdirection to proceedings as you were expecting a jumpy moment only for the scene to not play out like the trailer (specifically the Bloody Mary scene).

I liked it, it wasn't as good as the first film and to be honest it didn't make me jump as much as the other two films, but it still had an eerily creepy atmosphere, particularly the last 20 minutes or so. I'm kind of hoping that this is the last one though, the premise is beginning to look a little tired and the whole "static camera...low hum...BANG!" trick only works so many times before it gets old. I did enjoy it though, overall i'd say a 7/10 or 8/10 (the first one being a 9/10, and the second one being a 6/10).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see this as I am hearing a lot of positive things. I wasn't excited by the premise originally but it's looking promising.
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 was a real disappointment. I ended up fast-forwarding through most of it to the few bits of action. However this one looks so much better. I will go during the day when the teenagers are hopefully in school :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nooo, I saw the first one which was very overated imo. However i saw the trailer for the 3rd at the pics last week and it looks rather scary. I keep having to flick the tv channels over after 9pm when they show the bloody advert for it.
    Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary :eek:
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seem to be different versions of the trailer out there.

Cinema's one: http://www.myvue.com/latest-movies/info/cinema/watford/film/paranormal-activity-3

One on youtube: http://youtu.be/90r3CnPI0AM
  • Voodoochild2011Voodoochild2011 Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i havent seen 1 or 2 is it worth seeing number 3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    You know in the advert where they say "the last 15 minutes will mess up your life"?? They weren't lying... haha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    i havent seen 1 or 2 is it worth seeing number 3

One of my friends who went with me last night to see this one hadn't seen the first two either and he was fine with it. This one is a prequel so you don't really NEED to have seen the other two to get it, although i'd highly reccommend the first film if you can catch it (i think it's still on Sky Movies).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    off to a preview screening tomorrow. will let you know what i think

Well...what did you think?? Any good or just the same thing as 1 and 2, albeit in a different house?