Options

Samsung AllShare Pop Up Messages on TV

IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We have just got a Samsung HDTV and I've installed AllShare on my PC to share media with the TV, Both the PC and TV are set to 'Allow' each other but every so often, the TV will pop up with the message 'AllShare Device Connected' when the PC is turned on. (I think I may be having a few network issues with the the AllShare software on the PC disconnecting and reconnecting and trying to use my PC's WiFi connection instead of Wired LAN:confused:).

Is there anyway to turn off the annoying message, it came up about 6 times tonight during a few programmes.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Same here, have posted on 2 other forums for over 2 weeks and as yet no answer!!
    My UE40D6530 connected either wired or wireless using allshare disconnects every 15 mins, whether just watching TV, or worse whn playing media and disrupting it (and the TV having a terrible GUI, it can't remember where it was upon immediate re-connection - not impressed!!

I have PC with win7, belkin router & Trend av&firewall (thru which I have made exception for allshare).

Let me know if you get sorted, I am at my wits end with this....it renders media playing useless.

From another forum another user is having same issue but with another share software called serviio (not allshare), so I don't believe it to be the fault of allshare or its settings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smurph12 wrote: »
    Same here, have posted on 2 other forums for over 2 weeks and as yet no answer!!
    My UE40D6530 connected either wired or wireless using allshare disconnects every 15 mins, whether just watching TV, or worse whn playing media and disrupting it (and the TV having a terrible GUI, it can't remember where it was upon immediate re-connection - not impressed!!

I have PC with win7, belkin router & Trend av&firewall (thru which I have made exception for allshare).

Let me know if you get sorted, I am at my wits end with this....it renders media playing useless.

From another forum another user is having same issue but with another share software called serviio (not allshare), so I don't believe it to be the fault of allshare or its settings.

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't resolved the issue yet but have read that AllShare isn't very good so I'm on the hunt for a decent media server. Quite often when I go onto the AllShare software on my PC, it has lost connection with the network (even when the TV is off) and tells me its 'disconnected' then a minute or so later it reconnects. I think that's why our TV keeps coming up with the pop up message when the software reconnects with the network.

Don't have any issues with the TV accessing BBC iPlayer or YouTube so I don't think its an issue with the TV networking features.
  • Options
    SeawolfSeawolf Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I use TVersity to stream from my PC to the Samsung TV in the living room.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have TVersity too, but although I can view files & folders on TV (that are on PC), TV fails to recognise them....even though same files wotk thru allshare.....any ideas?
  • Options
    TidoshoTidosho Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting reading all. Mine is working fine with Allshare in general but i have noticed a couple of disconnections. None whilst watching a film.

I'm not sure if these occured when i rebooted the router so i may assign a fixed ip address to the devices on my network, 2 desktops, a laptop and the tv, to see how it goes.

I'm on Sky btw.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Further info. in case you or anyone else can help....
    Weirdly all my files play thru Allshare & TVersity on another media streamer...so this puts blame at Samsung TV (in my opinion).
    When files played thru TVersity on TV, message given is "Not supported file format", and on the T it shows dates beside all files of 01.Jan.1970!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tidosho wrote: »
    Interesting reading all. Mine is working fine with Allshare in general but i have noticed a couple of disconnections. None whilst watching a film.

I'm not sure if these occured when i rebooted the router so i may assign a fixed ip address to the devices on my network, 2 desktops, a laptop and the tv, to see how it goes.

I'm on Sky btw.

The TV and my computer are both on fixed IP addresses and we're on Sky broadband too.

My PC has both ethernet and WiFi and I had them both active although the vast majority of programs always used the ethernet connection, however, AllShare, according to the 'Network Info' anyway, always insisted on sending its data over WiFi to the router so I have now turned WiFi off on my PC forcing it to use the ethernet connection. However, quite often when I go into AllShare and into 'Content List Settings' it says 'Allshare: Disconnected', all the shared folders disappear and it sits there for a minute or so and then connects up again. (even though AllShare has been sat on the notification bar for a few hours while my PC has been on), that is why I think the pop up message on the TV appears when AllShare reconnects to the network and the TV thinks the PC has just been turned on.

I've tried TVersity but a lot of content says it is not recognised by the TV, maybe I haven't got TVersity set up properly. It only appears as a media server on my PS3 every so often too.
  • Options
    tim1964tim1964 Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hijack the thread (sort of) but I'm trying to get Allshare to stream from my PC to the Samsung BD-D5100 that I bought yesterday. I've spent hours searching for posts/youtube vids etc to find a fix.

The BR player connects to the net OK (updates/Youtube) and the router "sees" the player and I have files (AVIs) in the "Shared folder" in Allshare and the software sees the PC as the server but I can't get the player to show up anywhere as a connected device.

I've tried rebooting both the PC and the BR, still nothing. I know the cable to the player is OK because my old streamer (Zyxel DMA1000) works every time using TWonky Media and/or Serviio.

When I select the "Video" option on the player it just shows NO DISC and if I select 'more devices' it takes me to the settings screen. If I plug in a pendrive it sees that and plays the files from it.

Thanks,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hijacked yes!
    I had a Samsund Blu-ray player BD-5500, over a year ago, and had no end of bother, and am still to use it.....why did I buy a Samsung TV?!?!

Anyway....Samsungs Allshare is full of problems and issues, suggest trying to use your other media sharing software to share files on that device.

Can you select a different source on that device, and/or see the PC from it?

I can't understand why samsung don't setup a proper support forum!
  • Options
    cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
    Forum Member
    Out of interest hoe are you connecting your TV to allshare as I hae got a cable from TV to a Wireless Access Point (Set up as a Client) and that connects wirelessly to my router but allshare doesn't se it.

Help
  • Options
    tim1964tim1964 Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finally got it working by rebooting the router (BT HH2) but when the player shuts down after 20mins of no remote operation (really want it to stay on) the connection drops again. I'm not prepared to reboot the hub each time.

I called Samsung support at 5pm and told her the issues and the rep promised to call me back in exactly 30mins. By 6pm (when they close) still no call :eek:. I forgot to ask her name before I hung up but then what would be the point in calling back?

1st contact with Samsung CS
    FAIL!!

So now the player is back in the box ready to go back tomorrow. The Panasonic DMP-BD75 went back yesterday as the UI was awful and that one didn't stream either.

I would like a streamer that plays Blu-Ray rather than a Blu-Ray player with a poor attempt of a streamer in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not good, and samsung a reportedly the leaders in this field, and their GUIs, software and access by remote control are bad, and yes their CS is their worst atribute (with persons who don't know the product).......it took them 3 weeks, multiple calls, and sending me a replacement remote, for me to find out that double hitting the power button changed from operating TV & BD and vice versa, something none of their staff knew, was omitted from manual, but the new remote included a sticker on reverse instructing such....I just can't believe at the scale of this manufacturer and their poor performance....do manufacturers not realise that their products should operate out of the box, and VERY easily.... a la APPLE products (of which i have none!).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    We've just bought Samsung UE40D8000 and the same thing was happening with Allshare using the wired connections. Also AllShare was having problems with the amount of files we had and was constantly updating the shared folders.

looking around online i couldn't find any help to fix the problem so instead looked at using a different dlna software. We're currently trying out the trial version of Mezzmo and so far so good. The only pop up is on startup and it also is much easier to use and links to itunes as well.