Options

Why did The Saturdays not release this Gem?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    The really need to sort themselves out. The must make A LOT of money through touring etc because their sales are atrocious. The have HUGE TV airplay, big TV performances, a large amount of radio airplay, media coverage, sponsorships and their albums still flop. :confused:

Actually they do badly on radio. All Fired Up went to #13 and I think My Heart Takes Over/Notorious/30 Days missed the top 20. And they don't do that well on TV either, again, just top 20 usually, and they don't do huge TV shows, they've never done XF or Britains Got Talent or Jonathon Ross or Paul O'Grady etc, just the likes of This Morning and Loose Women, and they don't get much media coverage except useless Daily Mail articles. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    Now that Rochelle is up the duff, what is the plan of action?!
    There's no need for one. The TV show and single arrive in the US next month and she'll be able to support those just fine. Una was working with the group right up until the birth of her baby so I imagine Rochelle will be the same. The album will be out months ahead of the baby so she'll be able to see all that through, too.
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Actually they do badly on radio. All Fired Up went to #13 and I think My Heart Takes Over/Notorious/30 Days missed the top 20. And they don't do that well on TV either, again, just top 20 usually, and they don't do huge TV shows, they've never done XF or Britains Got Talent or Jonathon Ross or Paul O'Grady etc, just the likes of This Morning and Loose Women, and they don't get much media coverage except useless Daily Mail articles. :p
    Jonathan Ross and Paul O'Grady's viewing figures are awful. Paul O'Grady isn't returning as a result. They did Graham Norton for All Fired Up which was a great slot. TV and radio will pick up when they find the right song and video. Ego did amazingly well on TV because it was a great video. Issues did very well on radio and managed to get their debut album in the top 40 for over two months. It's all about the songs. If What About Us is well received in the US, the UK will follow as it always does when a song's doing well in the US.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Exactly what Pierson said. The US is a clean slate for them, except for the small already existing fanbase out there for them. If they get big there, suddenly everyone here will be interested, when a month ago they would just say, 'oh yeah, them, the girls aloud ripoff.' They should just ignore 30 days. And if 'What about us' is released, release 2nd Adventure Radio Mix.

And in regards to Get Ready Get Set, there are so many songs that should have been released as singles! For example...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdKxMk2_rg
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the similarity between Notorious and All Fired Up, they should have released Get ready Get Set instead of one of these. My Heart Takes Over is the only Saturdays single I have liked since Higher.
  • Options
    rodenboyrodenboy Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because their record label or management are the best at picking the worst singles for the girls, or releasing them in the wrong order.. I'm inclined to think it's the management as Fascination seem to get it so right with Girls Aloud that they couldn't eff up The Sats that badly

I respectfully disagree with the Girls Aloud getting it right part. Every era since (and including) Chemistry they have cocked up at least one single release!!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    rodenboy wrote: »
    I respectfully disagree with the Girls Aloud getting it right part. Every era since (and including) Chemistry they have cocked up at least one single release!!

Which single releases have Girls Aloud cocked up?
  • Options
    SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Think their singles for OYR should of been like this:

1. Faster - May 2011
    2. Promise Me - July 2011
    3. Get Ready Get Set - September 2011
    4. Do What You Want With Me - Nov/Dec 2011
    5. The Way You Watch Me - Feb/Marc 2012

They should of released it in this order. They would of got a #1 for sure.
  • Options
    rodenboyrodenboy Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which single releases have Girls Aloud cocked up?

In my opinion....

Whole Lotta History over Wild Horses/Watch Me Go/Models. Releasing WLH didn't sell the album any further and it became their worst selling single to date.

Can't Speak French over Girl Overboard/Close To Love. All of these singles were rumoured to be released as the third single from Tangled Up and I think they went for the weaker of the three.

Beautiful 'Cause You Loved Me over On The Metro. This needs no explaining.

The Loving Kind over Miss You Bow Wow/Rolling Back The Rivers In Time (although not a personal favourite of mine, fans thought it would have done better than TLK which sounded (and still does) like a Call The Shots Part 2. Fans generally wanted Miss You Bow Wow and Untouchable to be the second and third singles respectively.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    rodenboy wrote: »

The only single that failed to crack the top ten was Untouchable, but the sales were still good for post-Chemistry releases.. but obviously that's your opinion :)