Denise Van Outen is great. She needs to stay in.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,460
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thought i might start a DVO love in thread, seeing as most people on here seem to dislike her. :p
Mind you James isnt doing her any favours.........

Comments

• Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect James just dug Denise a bigger hole. If it's a public vote next week she won't make the final.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,529
    Forum Member
    Personally I wish they would just get on with it and dance.

James should stop banging on about any possible training and just get on with the task in hand. His little speech before the dance off was awful and will have done them no favours at all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

James should stop banging on about any possible training and just get on with the task in hand. His little speech before the dance off was awful and will have done them no favours at all

He played right into the hands of the the anti Denise brigade. He's such a dumb ass. :D
  • Eittol96Eittol96 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect there are many people who get to this stage and want to see the best dancers and will decide that now may be the time to vote having not done so all series. I would be disappointed if Denise didn't get to the final - she really has trained for many more hours than most - I think it was about 100 mote hours than Nicky and Karen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see Denise in the final. Also agree with above comments regards James....grr, James :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    I suspect James just dug Denise a bigger hole. If it's a public vote next week she won't make the final.

Sadly, I think you might be right. Although I'd vote for her any day instead of Lisa because I know which one I'd rather watch dancing.

I suppose it is inevitable that there are more Lisa lovers out there than there are supporting Denise, but it is a shame. Denise is far better than people are prepared to give her credit for.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see Denise in the final. Also agree with above two comments regards James....grr, James

Denise deserves to be in the final. She should not have been in the dance off.....lisa should have been.:mad:
  • squadgesquadge Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He played right into the hands of the the anti Denise brigade. He's such a dumb ass. :D

Think he was trying to counter balance some of the criticism of her being dancer already. He is in the business and people in the business do not consider Denise a dancer. He probably doesn't have a clue that this being pointed out to the public might cause a backlash.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    Denise deserves to be in the final. She should not have been in the dance off.....lisa should have been.:mad:

Ditto.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    squadge wrote: »
    Think he was trying to counter balance some of the criticism of her being dancer already. He is in the business and people in the business do not consider Denise a dancer. He probably doesn't have a clue that this being pointed out to the public might cause a backlash.

Actually he's bleating all over The Sun this morning about how unfair it all is. Just shut up and dance you prawn......who ever said life was fair? ;)
  • brendans babebrendans babe Posts: 34,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    squadge wrote: »

He should know at this stage hes' been in Strictly for long enough! He is doing her no favours. To be honest i dont mind Denise or James - rather watch them than Lisa any day! But tonight proved they may not have the public behind them so unless they can top the leaderboard they might find themselves in bottom 2 next week!
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - and I applaud him for that :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Poor James, I think he meant well. I thought it was sweet of him to come to her defense. I think that the problem is that she's been consistently so good that she would need something truly spectacular to get the wow factor, and sh isn't quit hitting that level. Other dancers can more easily wow by being noticeably better than the week before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member

So true. It was a total, absolute turn off and made me think they definitely won't get through to the final now.
  • catkins198catkins198 Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think James did them any favours at all. He has been in strictly long enough to know the public will often vote for who they like, not who is the best dancer.

Of course Denise should not have been in the DO. It should have been Lisa but obviously Lisa is more popular with the public.

Even as someone who is not that keen on Denise I don't think she should have been in the DO but that's life unfortunately
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catkins198 wrote: »
    I don't think James did them any favours at all. He has been in strictly long enough to know the public will often vote for who they like, not who is the best dancer.

Of course Denise should not have been in the DO. It should have been Lisa but obviously Lisa is more popular with the public.

Even as someone who is not that keen on Denise I don't think she should have been in the DO but that's life unfortunately

The problem is One lisa supporter voted 93 times for her last night, if they all do that she will be the first winner who can't dance:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    how nice to see a positive thread about Denise! Her chemistry with James has actually been one of the few believable ones (along with Michael and Natalie and Lisa and Robin!) She's been a great dancer all the way through, and I really don't think she has been full of herself. Even when top of the leaderboard, she's never been convinced she's been through. I think its clear that some people are just jealous that she's pretty, and talented!
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    The problem is One lisa supporter voted 93 times for her last night, if they all do that she will be the first winner who can't dance:rolleyes:
    She wouldn't be .. Chris Hollins got there first.