1192021222325»

Comments

• Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dj999 wrote: »
    so why do they play rughy games in football stadiums then?:confused:
    I don't know. But that wasn't my point.

Football ground = fee stays in football.
    Rugby ground = fee goes to rugby.
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't use Stamford Bridge, using White Hart Lane would be a spit in the face of Tottenham fans, Wembley is being used. Villa Park is probably the closest large stadium...Old Trafford is further away, right?
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank Aston Villa!!! They certainly won't be complaining, the extra revenue for them would be more than they would of got on certain days this season!!
    Let's forget about fans....again!!

Seems a sensible choice for fans actually.

And I assume those complaining about a stadium in London not being used did actually read the Premier Leagues statement.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll the day is upon us when we will see if all of the fuss is going to be necessary!
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twickenham has a specific deal with the local council

It can only be used a certain number of days in a year for Rugby

They have to go for a license for the summer music gigs if needed
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    White Heart Lane?
    Stamford Bridge?

Yes the 'neutral' venue Stamford Bridge... :p

White Hart Lane could be used but might be deemed a bit politically insensitive if it's Spurs who've just missed out on the Champions League at Chelsea and Arsenal's expense. Plus it doesn't generally get used for neutral matches and there might be other issues etc. Villa Park is hardly that far away relatively speaking.
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As it stands - equal on points and goal difference, no idea about goals scored though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    As it stands - equal on points and goal difference, no idea about goals scored though!
    Chelsea have scored two more.

If it stays the same at Stamford Bridge, Arsenal would need to win 3-2 for there to be a play-off.
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kind of wish Sky had fulfilled their moral obligation now!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »
    No debate over game of the day now.

They'd have had a decision to make if there'd been another 7-4.
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a great game... Well done Setanta for showing it in Ireland :)
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    It was a great game... Well done Setanta for showing it in Ireland :)

Get a grip. A broadcaster showed an event they had the rights to. It hardly deserves a well done. They were hardly going to show another game when Sky had already chosen the important fixtures. I dread to think how you would've coped had the game not been shown.
  • Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member

Sky won't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Get a grip. A broadcaster showed an event they had the rights to. It hardly deserves a well done. They were hardly going to show another game when Sky had already chosen the important fixtures. I dread to think how you would've coped had the game not been shown.
    Ah don't worry I would have coped alright but it was nice to watch it live, it was fitting that the greatest manager in PL history took part in a brilliant end to end game to finish his amazing career.
  • Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    I don't see how that's true. Surely it would only have been "fitting" if it had a dull 4-0 win for United, or a tight 1-0 victory secured with a controversial penalty in the ninth minute of added time?

The only thing "fitting" about today was that Jamie Carragher played a match without scoring a goal, and that Paul Scholes was booked for a ridiculous tackle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zac Quinn wrote: »
    I don't see how that's true. Surely it would only have been "fitting" if it had a dull 4-0 win for United, or a tight 1-0 victory secured with a controversial penalty in the ninth minute of added time?
    ... the vast majority of the time it would have been the 4-0 win with a fine performance.