Stormwatch - how is it where you live right now?

Comments

• welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    That's terrible, think of all the insects that could have been crushed by that falling chair.:(:D

I swear I can see like 100 false widow spiders trouched just there :(
  • mebiscuitmebiscuit Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    can i take my kite out tonight?

Yeah, but don't end up in my garden in Kilmarnock at silly o clock, it's supposed to be quiet up here tonight!
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..First look at the frightening chaos being caused by this violent storm!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXm3Ou4CEAAr7_s.jpg

Hope they've got insurance. :(
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

HA! .
  • wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    According to the BBC forecast Wigan will be battered by 5 mph winds in the early hours of tomorrow morning. :eek:
  • PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    London is now calm, in a horror movie sort of a way....
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really hope this is/was overhype the wind has totally died down here now.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    London/Essex border all is calm and not a hint of wind.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    hurricane bawbag, the revenge
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    wavy-davy wrote: »
    According to the BBC forecast Wigan will be battered by 5 mph winds in the early hours of tomorrow morning. :eek:

Hey! Don't get too smug! I've just looked and there could be gusts of up to 18mph by dawn! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    Really hope this is/was overhype the wind has totally died down here now.

You mean the eerie calm that always proceeds a very large storm approaching....? :D
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey! Don't get too smug! I've just looked and there could be gusts of up to 18mph by dawn! :eek:

Well Dawn from Wigan needs to quit eating those beans.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's raining and it's windy. Its just like any other october day to be fair.

EDIT: WARNING, WARNING, MY SKY BOX JUST LOST SIGNAL FOR A WHOLE MINUTE. THIS IS IT PEOPLE, TELL YOUR FAMILY YOU LOVE THEM!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The savagery, the savagery!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • renard grisrenard gris Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twitter feeds

#ukstorm
    #stormageddon

These feeds contain plenty of humour, sarcasm, disbelief and worrying etc,!
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    I hope its even calmer than its become already (the system isnt as strong as forcast) just to show up the media and met office scaremongering.

Classing a bit of rain and wind on some Terror Alert traffic light system is a joke. This is the UK FFS. Our weather is mildly turd all year.

I cannot believe how OTT this has become. Its a Autumn low with wind and rain. Its a lot further south hitting southern coasts compared to the track of most Autumn storms and therefore we are all having to here about it and how we are all going to die !

FFS
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    late8 wrote: »
    I hope its even calmer than its becoming just to show up the media and met office scaremongering.

Classing a bit of rain and wind things on some Terror Alert traffic light system is a joke. this is the UK FFS. Our weather is mildly turd all year.

I cannot believe how OTT this has become. Its a Autumn low with wind and rain. Its a lot further south hitting southern coasts compared to the track of most Autumn storms and therefore we are all having to here about it and how we are all going to die !

FFS

What data are you basing this on? It's further north than was predicted yesterday.
  • welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    late8 wrote: »
    I hope its even calmer than its become already (the system isnt as strong as forcast) just to show up the media and met office scaremongering.

Classing a bit of rain and wind on some Terror Alert traffic light system is a joke. This is the UK FFS. Our weather is mildly turd all year.

FFS

You could just be doing the many other things life has to offer. No need to get so worked up over something which could save your life.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlow Essex very light breeze at the moment.
    Forum Member
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    What data are you basing this on? It's further north than was predicted yesterday.

Its not. the strongest winds are through the channel and southern coastline now. Not as far North as the Midlands as first Forcast.

The system never really developed either - it became absorbed into the current low that was sitting over us this week.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/forecast
  • saffron_starsaffron_star Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots and lots and lots of rain in Cornwall.
    Some localised flooding already.
    No wind to speak of as yet.
    Err...that's it!
  • terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching Sky news tonight would be of the opinion the world is about to end.
    Forum Member
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    You could just be doing the many other things life has to offer. No need to get so worked up over something which could save your life.

ha im joking - I mean come on "Amber Alert" for a bit of wind.

Imagine if a actual Hurricane came our way or extreme weather events seen in other parts of the world - we would have a melt down.

Until recently it never used to be like this. Panic and hysteria over weather.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's raining and it's windy. Its just like any other october day to be fair.

EDIT: WARNING, WARNING, MY SKY BOX JUST LOST SIGNAL FOR A WHOLE MINUTE. THIS IS IT PEOPLE, TELL YOUR FAMILY YOU LOVE THEM!!!!

A whole minute?? We're doooooooooooooooomed. Doooooooooooooomed