What was up with Sylvain?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TLC1098 wrote: »
    That was a bit unprofessional of the show to pair them up if that's the case.

Exactly, the show did it for a reaction. Was it the show too that asked her what she would do if he made a move on her?

I think Jorgie took the whole thing in jest. I wouldn't have even been able to make a joke about being his next girlfriend if he had done that to my best friend. She got along with him very well on the ice and that is what was asked of her. He didn't seem to connect with her very much.

It would have been unprofessional if Jorgie refused to do the show because of the pairing.
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Agree he thinks he is God I cant stand him he thinks he is the greatest thing since slice Bread.

Have to agree. He really thinks he is the best thing in broadcasting - wish he would be taken down a peg or two. Although I didn't like the way he treated Jennifer, I am sorry to see Sylvain and Jorgi go.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    Despite all that happened last year with him, Jennifer and Samia, he has always been a gentleman. I wouldn't be surprised he has just let it go. It just make Schofield look very stupid.:)

I've never heard of a cheater being called a gentleman before! Sylvain's a grown man and he made the decision to cheat - in a very public way related to the show - he should be able to take the comments on the chin. I don't know why people are painting him as the victim here.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Someone's private life is their own and Sylvain and his girlfriends are not the subject matter of the show the skating is!

Jennifer was just Sylvain's girlfriend - not his fiancée or wife, and they were both free to move on to other partners if they wished. Yes being dumped for someone else hurts, but it's a private not a public matter.

Jorgie made the mistake of being filmed with Jennifer, and making some stupid comments - Sylvain maintained his dignity all the way through - even when Schofe was having a go at him in the post skate interview.

Jorgie needs to realise that she needs to behave like a professional - especially when there is a camera around. This show is a job for her - not a point scoring exercise, or a need to defend her friend..... She should have just sucked it up and got on with the skating, leaving her personal feelings (and comments) aside.

She should never have allowed the Jen situation to raise it's ugly head in her VT.... She and her management should have told the producers that it was about her, not her friends relationship history, and should nt have allowed Jen to be seen in any VT regarding the show - and especially not the first one which sets the scene for the series!

I like Sylvain, and think he's a lovely skater who is very good at showing off his partner, and hiding their lack of skill. He and Jorgie had the potential to be very good, as unlike a lot of his other partners (Jen included) Jorgie could actually skate.

Someone reported that they were at the run through on Friday and said that there was some sexual innuendo in Jorgie's VT, so Jorgie had obviously seen the hatchet job, and should have asked for it to be changed or got her agent to intervene.

All that said, it's clear that they didn't work as a couple, and Sylvain looked relieved to have been voted out first. It's a shame as she was one of the better female skaters in the show, and the only real competition for Suzanne and Beth.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If as I suspect the ENTIRE thing was scripted by the producers then I feel sorry for Jorgie. Obviously the decision to put them together was made by producers, and that being the case what should have happened was no reference whatsoever should have been made to Jennifer. But then that would defeat the whole purpose of putting them together. The whole point was to create this "tense" situation. Jorgie's very scripted VT where she is saying I hope I am not put with Sylvain was cringy. I do wonder why on earth she agreed to let herself be used like this. It should have been about HER and her attempt to go as far as she could in the competition. Instead she was a pawn in producers pathetic attempts to create some drama.

Hard to see anyone beating Ray, he is in a league of his own. It made his original year very very boring, because it was obvious from day one, that he had it won already. Its Deja Vu again here... unless the likes of Hayley or Suzanne who are both superb when on form could pull something out of the bag.
  • CallmepitstopCallmepitstop Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    Someone's private life is their own and Sylvain and his girlfriends are not the subject matter of the show the skating is!

Jennifer was just Sylvain's girlfriend - not his fiancée or wife, and they were both free to move on to other partners if they wished. Yes being dumped for someone else hurts, but it's a private not a public matter.

Jorgie made the mistake of being filmed with Jennifer, and making some stupid comments - Sylvain maintained his dignity all the way through - even when Schofe was having a go at him in the post skate interview.

Jorgie needs to realise that she needs to behave like a professional - especially when there is a camera around. This show is a job for her - not a point scoring exercise, or a need to defend her friend..... She should have just sucked it up and got on with the skating, leaving her personal feelings (and comments) aside.

She should never have allowed the Jen situation to raise it's ugly head in her VT.... She and her management should have told the producers that it was about her, not her friends relationship history, and should nt have allowed Jen to be seen in any VT regarding the show - and especially not the first one which sets the scene for the series!

I like Sylvain, and think he's a lovely skater who is very good at showing off his partner, and hiding their lack of skill. He and Jorgie had the potential to be very good, as unlike a lot of his other partners (Jen included) Jorgie could actually skate.

Someone reported that they were at the run through on Friday and said that there was some sexual innuendo in Jorgie's VT, so Jorgie had obviously seen the hatchet job, and should have asked for it to be changed or got her agent to intervene.

All that said, it's clear that they didn't work as a couple, and Sylvain looked relieved to have been voted out first. It's a shame as she was one of the better female skaters in the show, and the only real competition for Suzanne and Beth.

The media will always grab onto the personal stuff. That's what they think makes headlines. :(
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see it from both sides however I have no sympathy for Jorgie whatsoever.

There is the suggestion that Sylvain and Samia cheated on their respective partners but that isn't confirmed and to be frank isn't anyone's business other than those involved. Yes they might have ended their relationships to be together but since when was that wrong? Surely if they had feelings for each other it was the kindest and arguably most moral action they could have taken. Either way it's nothing to do with the show's producers and certainly nothing to do with Jorgie.

The 'hatchet job' could not have happened if she hadn't filmed what she filmed. If she didn't want it broadcasting she shouldn't have said it - and as for that cheesy and inappropriate segment with Gemma, what were they thinking? When has bitchy schoolyardery ever come off well?

I thought Sylvain was as professional as he could be given the barbed comments and accusations thrown at him by his skate partner and the wholly unprofessional Schofield who just loves a bit of controversy. As for Samia's comments - yes they were childish but would she had responded in such a way had the program not riled her up? I do think she should have given the whole thing a wide berth and had a dignified silence, but that's fools and Twitter for you.

No-one has come out of this particularly well but you can't knock Sylvain for being anything other than a professional skater. As for being a serial philanderer - give me a break - he's had two partners in six years, he's hardly Russel Brand.

In my opinion the right couple went - her comments were bitchy and the public don't like that - and they had the chemistry of two opposing magnets both on and off the ice, however technically competent they are.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Sylvain was treated very badly by the producers of the show. Jennifer was only a girlfriend but she reacted as though she was his wife and he left her with ten children! SHE made the whole thing public with her TWITTS and comments to the media. The fact is they were living together and both free to do what they liked. I cannot believe that this soap actress was so stupid as to allow the producers to do this to her. I do not know who she is as I do not watch Hollyoaks or whatever the soap is called. But I cannot believe that she was not aware of how her comments could be received by the public.
  • CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    I've never heard of a cheater being called a gentleman before! Sylvain's a grown man and he made the decision to cheat - in a very public way related to the show - he should be able to take the comments on the chin. I don't know why people are painting him as the victim here.

because happenings off the ice shouldn't have anything to do with skating ability and most viewers really couldn't give a stuff. I am sorry that because of the pairing, the sniping and the additional comments from the presenter (who should basically know better) then we have lost two good skaters from the show who I for one would have enjoyed watching far more than some of those who remained in the show.

Its very much double standards - can;t see the likes of Philip vilifying Chris (who left his wife for Karen) or David (who left his wife for Frankie).
  • avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry but didn't he do an OK magazine spread about him and Samia getting together. So as I see it if they are happy to get paid to talk about it they then have to put up with all the stuff that people say about them.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jorgie was stood next to Gemma Merna in the VT not Jennifer (presuming your talking about the part where Jorgie was scrolling through the photos on her phone regarding potential partners)
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know who all these people are who are referred to in the thread (Jen, Gemma) or what Jorgie and Philip Scofield said but it's a great loss to the programme that she has gone. In her original series and in this series, she was one of the best and most enjoyable to watch on the ice.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Schofield really believes he's the linchpin of ITV & can say & do whatever he wants.
    Judging by the extra smug look on his face, he appeared to think his comments were extremely clever & amusing, they weren't, who is he to quiz anyone about their private life?
    He's there to present a TV prog, not make snide comments, regardless of what the person on the receiving end of them has done or hasn't done.
    Forum Member
    Jorgie was stood next to Gemma Merna in the VT not Jennifer (presuming your talking about the part where Jorgie was scrolling through the photos on her phone regarding potential partners)

My mistake - dont watch Hollyoaks or whatever show they are in so have no idea who the dark er haired one was.

Whatever - the Jen references and "am i his next girlfriend?" comments were what did her in last night. Chatting to friends around the country on Facebook would indicate that I wasn't alone in thinking that she was in danger because of those remarks.

Sylvain has behaved like a gentleman - no sarky comments, just turn up, train, perform with a smile on his face until Schofe decided to take a pop at his personal life.....just professional through and through.

We all have to work and deal with people we don't like or who may have upset our friends/ colleagues - and we have to deal with the situation like adults and behave in a professional manner with people we may not like for one reason or another.

Jorgie was being paid to do a job - appear on the "All Stars" series of DOI - she should have grasped the opportunity to show off her talents with both hands - not shot her mouth off and showing a complete lack of professionalism.

If she didn't want to be paired with Sylvain - she should have turned the opportunity down, but as she accepted it - she should have but her personal feelings to one side and got on with the job she was being paid to do - just like Sylvain did.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way Samia behaved on Twitter last night tells me she's most certainly NOT secure in her relationship, and with very good reason. Remember she has form for this kind of behaviour, she dumped her husband for a Corrie co-star then ditched him for Sylvian. I think both of them behaved very badly, doing that awful, cheesy OK magazine spread, they showed no remorse at all for their behaviour and effectively rubbed their ex partners noses in it. Talk about hard faced.

The burger comment did me me laugh, as I'm sure Jennifer probably thought the same. And who knows, he might've been tempted by the burger when he's only got chicken nuggets at home;-)
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If she didn't want to be paired with Sylvain - she should have turned the opportunity down, but as she accepted it - she should have but her personal feelings to one side and got on with the job she was being paid to do - just like Sylvain did.

Who was or was not professional about it aside, I rather suspect neither of them had any say in the matter and the pairing was confirmed only after they signed up for the show and it would be very difficult to get out of it afterwards (pros weren't on retainers and would have had to renegotiate their contracts I assume).

Still think it was rather unfair on the pair of them.
    Forum Member
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Who was or was not professional about it aside, I rather suspect neither of them had any say in the matter and the pairing was confirmed only after they signed up for the show and it would be very difficult to get out of it afterwards (pros weren't on retainers and would have had to renegotiate their contracts I assume).

Still think it was rather unfair on the pair of them.

Either way - they were paid to do a job, and Jorgie should just have got on with it - not allowed herself to be filmed running him down, making so called "jokes" at his expense, and generally making it obvious to us all that she didn't like him.

Sylvain behaved perfectly right from the beginning - never made any comments on screen about the pairing, just seemed prepared to make the best of it - after all - he had been given a good partner to work with. Jorgie screwed it up - not him!
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either way - they were paid to do a job, and Jorgie should just have got on with it - not allowed herself to be filmed running him down, making so called "jokes" at his expense, and generally making it obvious to us all that she didn't like him.

Sylvain behaved perfectly right from the beginning - never made any comments on screen about the pairing, just seemed prepared to make the best of it - after all - he had been given a good partner to work with. Jorgie screwed it up - not him!

Like I said, my primary issue is the fact they were paired up, "who was or who was not professional aside". Had that not happened, the rest would not have, or at least the controversy with anything she might have said about him would have been far more indirect and perhaps much less likely to result in their (in that case respective) eliminations.

You're of course free to see it the other way around. :)
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way Samia behaved on Twitter last night tells me she's most certainly NOT secure in her relationship, and with very good reason. Remember she has form for this kind of behaviour, she dumped her husband for a Corrie co-star then ditched him for Sylvian. I think both of them behaved very badly, doing that awful, cheesy OK magazine spread, they showed no remorse at all for their behaviour and effectively rubbed their ex partners noses in it. Talk about hard faced.

The burger comment did me me laugh, as I'm sure Jennifer probably thought the same. And who knows, he might've been tempted by the burger when he's only got chicken nuggets at home;-)

The point is, Samia and Jennifer are irrelevant. Neither are in DOI Allstars, and, quite frankly, I'm sick of all this stuff being raked up. It's taking the focus off those who are involved with the Allstars show.

Jorgie-gate notwithstanding, it was an entertaining show. It was nice to see them all back again, and the standard was much higher (for obvious reasons) than you'd normally see in week 1 of DOI.
  • UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not nearly as unprofessional as the snidey remarks Phil Schofe was making about Sylvian. Now I can understand why PS is disliked so much.
    I thought it was fcuking hilarious. But there, I don't take it all deadly seriously and get all uptight about a bit of TV candyfloss like you lot seem to
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cornchips wrote: »
    because happenings off the ice shouldn't have anything to do with skating ability and most viewers really couldn't give a stuff. I am sorry that because of the pairing, the sniping and the additional comments from the presenter (who should basically know better) then we have lost two good skaters from the show who I for one would have enjoyed watching far more than some of those who remained in the show.

Its very much double standards - can;t see the likes of Philip vilifying Chris (who left his wife for Karen) or David (who left his wife for Frankie).

BIB - Absolutely spot on. David Seaman left his first wife for the woman he cheated on with Frankie!!

It still amazes me that Schofield got away with showing the PM that list of alleged paedophiles on live televsion :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Cornchips wrote: »

It's not been said anywhere that Chris left his wife for Karen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    Yes she did. She was like a petulant teenager. The VT cost her a place in the next round. Silly girl.

Totally agree, I really liked Jorgie when she was last on DOI and was looking forward to seeing her skate again :) but was disappointed both in her attitude re Sylvain and her performance. :(
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    Yes she did. She was like a petulant teenager. The VT cost her a place in the next round. Silly girl.

She was pulling faces as well at the thought she might get paired with Sylvan. I'm sure the producers did it on purpose just to get us talking about it - which it has but unfortunately it's backfired cos they're first out! Sylvan had a face like thunder and hardly spoke, when Jorgie spoke it was already too late after what she'd said earlier. There was absolutely no chemistry between them at all - a partnership that would never work, no matter how professional Sylvan was about it. And he cut his hair which was a waste of time!
  • KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presumed Jorgie was going for dry and sarcastic humour with the VT comments - having seen her on Celebrity Juice she has an ear for that sort of thing - but the editing took away any hint of that and left us with a fairly uncomfortable VT, followed by a good performance, and all capped off with an excruciating post-performance iinterview.

The producers and Schofe should be ashamed of themselves, but instead they're probably having the biggest mutual back-slap on record - this seems to be the only thing from last night that people are talking about.