Options

News from The Knockout rounds - some spoilers

124»

Comments

• Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Iesher has a great chance of winning this.
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I follow beth on twitter and Beth/Jessica went to a kaisercheifs concert together could mean they are both in his top 3 ?
  • Options
    Rye_Alexander1Rye_Alexander1 Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    I think Iesher has a great chance of winning this.

I hope not her voice annoyes me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    steve2013 wrote: »
    I follow beth on twitter and Beth/Jessica went to a kaisercheifs concert together could mean they are both in his top 3 ?

Most of Team Ricky were at the KC gig (which was a month ago) and
    Beth is not in the Top 3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    danikc wrote: »
    Beth is not in the Top 3

What ( she's my fav
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is Jessica in the top 3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth is not in the Top 3

ah wasnt sure when the concert was lol and how you no that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    if you have a sec can you check my vidio :)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzHqCROQxog
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really cant see Sally winning.

Sally is too good to win the show.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow evening we will see Team Toms and Kylie's teams followed by Ricky's and Will's on Sunday night.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    ah wasnt sure when the concert was lol and how you no that

I was at the gig haha.

And someone mentioned it earlier in this thread I think.
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    The DS interview with Emily makes me think she does in fact get through to the live shows. Just the way she's worded a few things.
    Emily on... how Ricky knocking her confidence turned out to be the best thing
    "We sang the song in rehearsals about three times and the first time I sang it he felt like he was sat watching The Commitments musical. And that just totally knocked my confidence and I thought, 'Oh, he's not going to put me through, he doesn't like the song and I'm not singing it right'."

Don't think you'd consider it 'the best thing' if he went on to eliminate you anyway. You'd be going on about the song not being right for you.
    Emily on... why Ricky's nerves make her feel better
    "He's been an incredible coach so far."

So far? Enough said really.
    "I thought it was either going to be me or Christina Marie that was going through. One or the other."

Makes it sound like that turned out not to be the case - and obviously we know Christina gets through.

Might be looking too much into it, but it seems likely since we know Beth doesn't make it and Jazz is looking extremely doubtful as she's busy rehearsing for something else. Plus I can't imagine Max getting through in a million years.

Hope I'm wrong, as I feel like her and Christina cancel each other out, and that spot could've been taken up by someone who has something a bit different to offer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    -Jade" wrote: »
    The DS interview with Emily makes me think she does in fact get through to the live shows. Just the way she's worded a few things.

Don't think you'd consider it 'the best thing' if he went on to eliminate you anyway. You'd be going on about the song not being right for you.

So far? Enough said really.

Makes it sound like that turned out not to be the case - and obviously we know Christina gets through.

Might be looking too much into it, but it seems likely since we know Beth doesn't make it and Jazz is looking extremely doubtful as she's busy rehearsing for something else. Plus I can't imagine Max getting through in a million years.

Hope I'm wrong, as I feel like her and Christina cancel each other out, and that spot could've been taken up by someone who has something a bit different to offer.

Sounds like Jessica is thought to
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow evening we will see Team Toms and Kylie's teams followed by Ricky's and Will's on Sunday night.

That sounds like an edit then because they filmed Tom and Will teams together in one recording. Ricky and Kylie where in the other recording.
  • Options
    ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't read too much into these DS interviews- the ones before from the battle rounds were all pretty much the same- all the people talked like they were still on the show. I'd be really surprised if both Christina and Emily are through.
    The 'incredible coach so far' comment could mean that he's still in touch and helping her, even though she's out of the show.
    The only one on team Ricky that I'd be disappointed to go through to lives is Jessica. I really don't understand how she's made it so far. Any of the others (even if they aren't my 'thing') have all shown themselves capable of giving a good performance.
  • Options
    alfaalfa Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I does rather look as if Emily/Christina is either/or.

I don't think there's much in that interview that gives anything away but Emily's song choice, Slip, is really interesting. It is like the the very accomplished KT Tunstall cover she has posted on youtube in that it demands a lot of personality and technical skill, especially in phrasing which is where she stands out, and It gives her a lot of opportunity to show what she's made of and spring a surprise. The fact that not so many people have heard it before will mean that she has to smash it, though.

So she might not look so much like Christina after the performances. Maybe the two girls go through with Chris.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at the gig haha.

And someone mentioned it earlier in this thread I think.

it was more towards beth not being in his final 3
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emily is definitely through and Christina. Other one is a guy but can't remember which of them
  • Options
    ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    spkx wrote: »
    Emily is definitely through and Christina. Other one is a guy but can't remember which of them

Silly Ricky if that's the case- Jazz should have been there above Emily. Emily and Christina will just attract the same voters.
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    spkx wrote: »

Oh dear. I'm just gonna assume the guy is Max - it would fit in with the apparent tradition of my favourite team going into the knockouts completely self-destructing before the live shows (Danny putting through 'destined to be first out' Mitchel over Conor, and tedious Andrea over Abi).
    ellieb123 wrote: »
    Silly Ricky if that's the case- Jazz should have been there above Emily. Emily and Christina will just attract the same voters.

Jazz would've been my personal choice, but any of the other girls (yes, even Jessica!) would've been a better decision than putting both Christina and Emily through (I don't have a massive preference between those two, though I think Christina is technically better). It just doesn't make sense to me - he had the most eclectic team going in to the battles, why would he put through the only two girls that are similar? It'd be the same as putting through both Max and Myles :confused:

Oh well, at least Luciee-Marie is gone. I'll always be grateful to Ricky for that one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christina is just more powerful and mainstream. Emily is technically streets ahead of everyone else in the competition (listen to her tremolo) but she is not trying hard enough to appeal to everyone. A lot of people won't like her song choice tonight.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't mean anything, really, other than they appear to be quite friendly with each other. Incidentally they recorded a duet together (a cover of Pharrell's Happy) straight after the battle round which is on YouTube.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alfa wrote: »
    Christina is just more powerful and mainstream. Emily is technically streets ahead of everyone else in the competition (listen to her tremolo) but she is not trying hard enough to appeal to everyone. A lot of people won't like her song choice tonight.
    Erm, Emily wasn't on tonight. (And, for what it's worth, I don't like her song choice - but it is *very* different from Christina's.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Err, of course not. This is a thread about spoilers.

On her youtube channel, Emily takes a KT Tunstall track, Black Horse and Cherry Tree, and turns it from Quirky Indie to mainstream with a beautifully modulated, technically skilful version of her own. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_sb8CvtC_8

If she can do that to Slip she should be through.